• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

3 hours ago, Mtaybar said:

Not that I know too much about this game but I see a lot of new faces turning to this type of investment/collecting. I'm one of them. So long as the mintage numbers are low enough on each new release then interest in them should remain pretty good. Not everyone can have all of them so will choose what they prefer to collect. 

A proof coin at £16.50 an ounce might be a bargain beyond belief in 10 years time. 
If only I knew that for sure - I would buy everything I could LOL. So frustrating. 
Last year they were all saying we wont see silver in the teens again. :) 

I still think it can go down more at some point with sentiment or manipulation / black swan. 
But the inflation thing is gaining traction now & the public are being prepped & silver is very undervalued. 

Edited by Stacktastic

3 hours ago, James32 said:

Yeah I suppose or maybe Charlie might be camera shy and allow the set to continue lol.

The next monarch, I doubt will be Charles at all, he will most likely be known as George VII.

I can’t say for sure but having said that he’s been the second longest Prince of Wales in history after Edward VII. Charles seems to have stuck so maybe he will be known as King Charles III.

37 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

All the TB's available again Silver n Gold on the RM today 28/10/2021....

Noticed that also, they must have only released a percentage initially to gauge interest?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

For me, the design of the Seymour Panther is not very inspiring, especially when compared to most of the Queens Beast coins; I wonder if the look on this youtube thumb was her initial reaction too .......

Seymour T Beast.jpg

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

43 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

All the TB's available again Silver n Gold on the RM today 28/10/2021....

The silver proof five ounce remains sold out. I think that is the one that will do the best as time passes. I managed to get one but it has some strange old marks on it and I returned it. Still waiting for the replacement.

3 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

The silver proof five ounce remains sold out. I think that is the one that will do the best as time passes. I managed to get one but it has some strange old marks on it and I returned it. Still waiting for the replacement.

I'm still waiting for my 5 OZ. Fingers crossed, that everythings right on the coin. I didn't bought at the RM, so there would be just a return, no replacement, if there would be something. I'm always stressed, waiting for the delivery. The coins from the dealers here came with two to six weeks delay. So wish me luck, with all the ten Tudor Beasts in the next five years.

Is it addiction or masochism?

Edited by dikefalos

5 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

funny mark on the side of my 2oz - is this a major issue? 
I guess its machine mark of some sort? 

The rest looks OK to me? 

Do I send this back? After waiting flipping ages its a bit annoying. 

IMG_7438.JPG

IMG_7439.JPG

IMG_7440.JPG

Yes I think that mark qualifies as a return, in my humble opinion. The real question is will you get a better one though?? Frustrating to say the least.

6 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

funny mark on the side of my 2oz - is this a major issue? 
I guess its machine mark of some sort? 

The rest looks OK to me? 

IMG_7438.JPG

IMG_7439.JPG

IMG_7440.JPG

I had exactly the same mark on mine...it was a present so havnt sent it back..but!! I never expect a perfect coin from the RM..🙄

1 hour ago, Stacktastic said:

Do you mean the little squiggle thing above the panthers back? If so, I think that's the coin design. If not, ignore me, I'm an idiot lol. 

So my two  2 Ozs arrived day and they are both going straight back - again! Both have small marks on the reverse  but also small dings on the inner rim of the obverse almost on exactly the same spot (one of the capsules even has a crack  on the same spot). So out 7 silver coins received to date for the Tudor beasts  I have returned all 7!  Will being have a proper go at them later given one of these was already a return and will be making a complaint. If that doesn't work I think I'll just get a refund on them all  including my series subscription and stick of the 1/4 oz gold proofs.

Ding above the F and hairline crack on capsule. 

20211104_142419.thumb.jpg.c574b5d5b5b21613f95693b87fe7dee3.jpg

Also above the F

20211104_141820.thumb.jpg.e7b66ba2866525baeef1cc22988ba733.jpg

1 hour ago, 272 said:

So my two  2 Ozs arrived day and they are both going straight back - again! Both have small marks on the reverse  but also small dings on the inner rim of the obverse almost on exactly the same spot (one of the capsules even has a crack  on the same spot). So out 7 silver coins received to date for the Tudor beasts  I have returned all 7!  Will being have a proper go at them later given one of these was already a return and will be making a complaint. If that doesn't work I think I'll just get a refund on them all  including my series subscription and stick of the 1/4 oz gold proofs.

Also above the F

It is disappointing when you have waited so long for the replacement.

Wonder what caused it, for them to be in the same place...

1 hour ago, SilverJacks said:

It is disappointing when you have waited so long for the replacement.

Wonder what caused it, for them to be in the same place...

Yes its odd although one had a hairline crack in the capsule at the exact same spot so I don't know if was during manufacture or subsequent handling before shipping 

2 hours ago, 272 said:

Also above the F

The ‘ding’ in the rim of yours looks similar to the ‘ding’ in the rim of mine that I sent back, only it was on the reverse.

I sent it back three weeks ago and I’m still waiting for the replacement.

00219E24-D619-408B-A2F5-B8A7F5379AF4.jpeg

21 hours ago, James32 said:

The real question is will you get a better one though??.

No I don't actually - The question is how much will this mark devalue the coin if I collected the whole series
is it worth it considering I might get a whole series with marks on it. 
I bought this after they had sold out & got no 280 / 2000 I think this is a return from someone else assuming they allocate on order no vs coin number. 

What do we all recon? :) 

I might just return this for a refund, cancel my 2oz order & wait for the bullion coins as I have 3 more 1oz - which are all fabulous - but I need to do a more thorough check. 
Alternatively I can flog it on Ebay for £300 😛 https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=tudor+beasts+2oz+silver&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_BIN=1&_sop=15

20 hours ago, SilverJacks said:

Do you mean the little squiggle thing above the panthers back? If so, I think that's the coin design. If not, ignore me, I'm an idiot lol. 

I thought that at first ;) then realised it was part of the design. 

20 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

What do we all recon? :)

I’m hoping they have vaulted some replacement coins from the latest batch. Otherwise, there would either be another long wait for a replacement, or just a refund on offer.

My 2oz silver is going back today. I’ve asked for replacement but I don’t mind either way. There’s other big releases coming which I could do with the funds for. Although as others have said, you might regret not having the first in the series later down the line…

3 hours ago, SilverJacks said:

I’m hoping they have vaulted some replacement coins from the latest batch. Otherwise, there would either be another long wait for a replacement, or just a refund on offer.

My 2oz silver is going back today. I’ve asked for replacement but I don’t mind either way. There’s other big releases coming which I could do with the funds for. Although as others have said, you might regret not having the first in the series later down the line…

I asked when I exchanged the 1st batch. They told me then they were placed with newly manufactured coins - not returns or any kept aside. Hence the wait.

23 minutes ago, 272 said:

I asked when I exchanged the 1st batch. They told me then they were placed with newly manufactured coins - not returns or any kept aside. Hence the wait.

Sure, but sometimes they put some new ones to one side for the inevitable returns… 

Sent this to the CEO and via RM website - so will see what they come back with. 

Dear Ms Jessopp,

I would like to make a formal complaint about the poor quality of the 1 0z and 2 0z Silver Proof coins I have recently purchased from the Royal Mint as part of the new Tudor Beasts Seymour Panther range. I ordered 2 x 1 0z and 2 x 2 oz Silver proof Seymour Panther coins (order reference numbers below) directly from the Royal Mint as well as two 1 oz Seymour Panther coins from The Koin Club website.

The orders in question are: 

xxxxxx

In total to date, I have therefore received 5 defective coins directly from the Royal Mint in addition to the 2 coins ordered from the Koin Club (for which I had to seek a refund). The fact I have rejected 7 coins in total, all with clear defects suggests that the Royal Mint’s quality control processes are wholly inadequate.  This has also had a direct impact on my time and resources repacking these coins and sending them back through royal mail (4 trips to date).To date I have had to reject all four of the coins first sent to me directly by the Royal Mint because of clearly visible scratches, dings and milks pots (I am able to provide pictures showing the issues with all of the coins). I have sent all these coins back and asked for all of them to be replaced. I received my first replacement 2 OZ ounce silver coin on 4th November 2021, only to find it was also damaged and had a visible ding and scratch marks, which has required me to reject that coin for a second time.

I find the fact that the  replacement coin hadn’t been quality controlled before dispatch particularly upsetting, as it suggests to me that you do not place value in meeting the needs of your customers, nor take additional care to put things right when legitimate issues are raised for your attention.

I take no pleasure in making this complaint as I really belief that the Royal Mint are producing outstanding, world quality designs that I personally find much more interesting and appealing than many other national mints. I really felt the Seymour Panther was a great design and a good start to the new series of Tudor Beasts. On this basis I have signed up to receive the full set of 2 OZ silver as they are released. You do however charge a premium for these ‘proof’ level coins far above their metal content and as such you should be ensuring that the quality is to a commensurate standard.

On this basis I would be grateful if you please take the following actions.

1.       Inform me of what steps you will take ensure that of these coins are replaced with coins that have no scratches, dings milk spots or other defects as would be expected of a ‘proof’ standard coin.

2.       Explain to me why at the very least the last replacement coin I received was not properly quality control checked before it was sent to me as an exchange.

3.       What steps you are going to take restore my confidence that the Royal Mint does in fact value its customers and is prepared to show due care and attention when responding to significant issues when they are raised.

I look forward to your response on this matter. If there are any other details, I can provide to help you resolve my complaint (including pictures for the defective coins), please let me know.

Yours faithfully

xxxx

Edited by 272

4 minutes ago, 272 said:

Dear Ms Jessopp,

I would like to make a formal complaint about the poor quality of the 1 0z and 2 0z Silver Proof coins I have recently purchased from the Royal Mint as part of the new Tudor Beasts Seymour Panther range. I ordered 2 x 1 0z and 2 x 2 oz Silver proof Seymour Panther coins (order reference numbers below) directly from the Royal Mint as well as two 1 oz Seymour Panther coins from The Koin Club website.

xxxxxx

In total to date, I have therefore received 5 defective coins directly from the Royal Mint in addition to the 2 coins ordered from the Koin Club (for which I had to seek a refund). The fact I have rejected 7 coins in total, all with clear defects suggests that the Royal Mint’s quality control processes are wholly inadequate.  This has also had a direct impact on my time and resources repacking these coins and sending them back through royal mail (4 trips to date).To date I have had to reject all four of the coins first sent to me directly by the Royal Mint because of clearly visible scratches, dings and milks pots (I am able to provide pictures showing the issues with all of the coins). I have sent all these coins back and asked for all of them to be replaced. I received my first replacement 2 OZ ounce silver coin on 4th November 2021, only to find it was also damaged and had a visible ding and scratch marks, which has required me to reject that coin for a second time.

I find the fact that the  replacement coin hadn’t been quality controlled before dispatch particularly upsetting, as it suggests to me that you do not place value in meeting the needs of your customers, nor take additional care to put things right when legitimate issues are raised for your attention.

I take no pleasure in making this complaint as I really belief that the Royal Mint are producing outstanding, world quality designs that I personally find much more interesting and appealing than many other national mints. I really felt the Seymour Panther was a great design and a good start to the new series of Tudor Beasts. On this basis I have signed up to receive the full set of 2 OZ silver as they are released. You do however charge a premium for these ‘proof’ level coins far above there metal content and as such you should be ensuring that the quality is to a commensurate standard.

1.       Inform me of what steps you will take ensure that of these coins are replaced with coins that have no scratches, dings milk spots or other defects as would be expected of a ‘proof’ standard coin.

2.       Explain to me why at the very least the last replacement coin I received was not properly quality control checked before it was sent to me as an exchange.

3.       What steps you are going to take restore my confidence that the Royal Mint does in fact value its customers and is prepared to show due care and attention when responding significant issues when they are raised.

I look forward to your response on this matter. If there are any other details, I can provide to help you resolve my complaint (including pictures for the defective coins), please let me know.

Yours faithfully

xxxx

Fair play, very interested to see/hear their response if any.

7 minutes ago, 272 said:

Dear Ms Jessopp,

xxxxxx

I take no pleasure in making this complaint as I really belief that the Royal Mint are producing outstanding, world quality designs that I personally find much more interesting and appealing than many other national mints. I really felt the Seymour Panther was a great design and a good start to the new series of Tudor Beasts. On this basis I have signed up to receive the full set of 2 OZ silver as they are released. You do however charge a premium for these ‘proof’ level coins far above there metal content and as such you should be ensuring that the quality is to a commensurate standard.

3.       What steps you are going to take restore my confidence that the Royal Mint does in fact value its customers and is prepared to show due care and attention when responding significant issues when they are raised.

Yours faithfully

xxxx

I hope you get it sorted buddy really disappointing to spend so much money and them pass through QC without noticing.

Good letter and may use it as template myself.

However I may leave out the Kisses at the start and finish of the template as I dont want the girlfriend thinking Ive secret lover nor me stalking Ms Jessop.😁

Edited by HerefordBullyun