• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

2 hours ago, Jeffers46 said:

Wow 1oz gold sold on eBay for a £500 loss…

Nice. Deals do exist especially if they are short listings on auction or the seller is distracted. ;) 
Not sure I would be happy to send that but i guess its only fair?

I have still not got my 2oz silver - its been 10 days since i last heard of them. 
My guess is they over sold them and have a load of returns so have to remake them or something? 
I dont know how mints work personally, but they only made 2000 of them and have to stick to that dont they??

Another thing, why dont they offer us first dips as forum members (or a forum deal) must have bought enough to supply a medium sized dealer I would have thought?
I bought 4 whole series on a whim and I dont particularly care if I bought them or not, imagine what the more passionate members would do.
Maybe very small fish compared to US demand etc??
@ChrisSilver

Edited by Stacktastic

26 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Nice. Deals do exist especially if they are short listings on auction or the seller is distracted. ;) 
Not sure I would be happy to send that but i guess its only fair?

I have still not got my 2oz silver - its been 10 days since i last heard of them. 
My guess is they over sold them and have a load of returns so have to remake them or something? 
I dont know how mints work personally, but they only made 2000 of them and have to stick to that dont they??

Another thing, why dont they offer us first dips as forum members (or a forum deal) must have bought enough to supply a medium sized dealer I would have thought?
I bought 4 whole series on a whim and I dont particularly care if I bought them or not, imagine what the more passionate members would do.
Maybe very small fish compared to US demand etc??
@ChrisSilver

I've posted a couple of times that they only manufactured half the mintage on the 2 Oz's up front, so the rest are being made. I got confirmation my replacement 2 oz will be with me in the next 3-5 working days so I'm guessing my 2nd one won't be far behind.

This was certainly the case with the Great Engravers. The trouble with this series is that it is very similar to the Queens Beasts and released too soon after that series. Also there seems to be more and more Royal Mint releases every year, which is killing demand and future increases in value, but what do I know! 🤣

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/the-royal-tudor-beasts/one-ounce-silver-proof-ten-coin-series

They're showing the boxes in the 10 coin series. Looks like it's a 10 slot box for those who were wondering about a space for a possible completer. Same goes for the gold sets as well.

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/the-royal-tudor-beasts/one-ounce-silver-proof-ten-coin-series

They're showing the boxes in the 10 coin series. Looks like it's a 10 slot box for those who were wondering about a space for a possible completer. Same goes for the gold sets as well.

Thanks for that info...was wondering if we had to make our own boxes (cornflake packet or cut along the dotted line job lol) but in all fairness that's not a bad looking box.👍

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

14 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

This was certainly the case with the Great Engravers. The trouble with this series is that it is very similar to the Queens Beasts and released too soon after that series. Also there seems to be more and more Royal Mint releases every year, which is killing demand and future increases in value, but what do I know! 🤣

Not that I know too much about this game but I see a lot of new faces turning to this type of investment/collecting. I'm one of them. So long as the mintage numbers are low enough on each new release then interest in them should remain pretty good. Not everyone can have all of them so will choose what they prefer to collect. 

Edited by Mtaybar
Spelling

4 minutes ago, James32 said:

Thanks for that info...was wondering if we had to make our own boxes (cornflake packet or cut along the dotted line job lol) but in all fairness that's not a bad looking box.👍

Certainly not a bad box at all. It will go well with the box of my dinky set of 1/4oz silver queen's beasts 😉😁

Just now, Mtaybar said:

Certainly not a bad box at all. It will go well with the box of my dinky set of 1/4oz silver queen's beasts 😉😁

That 1/4oz set is a nice arrangement and should do well in the future 👌 

On a side note there's a load of speculative rumours flying about that old liz is quite sick (morbid I know) but what happens to the set if she parts in the next year or two?? Does an unfinished set become worthless or in the more likely scenario take off in price as its the last but only unfinished set of her rein?

19 minutes ago, James32 said:

That 1/4oz set is a nice arrangement and should do well in the future 👌 

I hope so 🤞. But if it doesn't then it's actually a gorgeous set. The detail in those tiny things is incredible so I'm happy to keep it as a curiosity for years to come. I don't think I'll get bored of showing them off. And the mintage is really low, there's only 1250. Those who collect everything QB will need these in their collections to actually complete them fully.

Edited by Mtaybar
Spelling

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

On a side note there's a load of speculative rumours flying about that old liz is quite sick (morbid I know) but what happens to the set if she parts in the next year or two?? Does an unfinished set become worthless or in the more likely scenario take off in price as its the last but only unfinished set of her rein?

The head would change but the set would continue o should think.

3 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

The head would change but the set would continue o should think.

Whether or not a head change part way through a set would have any bearing on its future value I don't know but as a marker in time it would at least show the year that the monarch changed. For the best or the worst. That would be history. 

Just now, Mtaybar said:

Whether or not a head change part way through a set would have any bearing on its future value I don't know but as a marker in time it would at least show the year that the monarch changed. For the best or the worst. That would be history. 

Yeah for sure.

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

Yeah I'd imagine so but the idea of a 10 coin set with two different monarchs is a first lol

Theres probably a fair few sets out there that would have to do the same thing from around the world. 

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

Theres probably a fair few sets out there that would have to do the same thing from around the world. 

Yeah I suppose or maybe Charlie might be camera shy and allow the set to continue lol.

As the Tudor Beasts set is dealing with royal history already, if the worst should happen to ol'liz or she abdicates the thrown before the set finishes, that's added royal history again on top of the story so there would be a lot to say for this set in that case. All that aside, I wish her a lot of healthy years to come.