• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

1 minute ago, HerefordBullyun said:

I hope you get it sorted buddy really diasppointing to spend so much money and them pass through QC without noticing.

Good letter and may use it as template myself.

However I may leave out the Kisses at the start and finish of the template as I dont want the girlfriend thinking Ive secret lover nor me stalking Ms Jessop.😁

😭😭 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

5 minutes ago, James32 said:

😭😭 

To be fair to the girlfriend James in her defence, shes the most quiet, loyal, inexpensive woman Ive ever met. Shes so beautiful. Im luckiest man alive! 

Heres a picture of her that when I first met her on tinder. Amazon Shopping online together.

image.png.11e947542234bd6ede0e045c05298995.png 

Edited by HerefordBullyun

21 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

To be fair to the girlfriend James in her defence, shes the most quiet, loyal, inexpensive woman Ive ever met. Shes so beautiful. Im luckiest man alive! 

Heres a picture of her that when I first met her on tinder. Amazon Shopping online together.

image.png.11e947542234bd6ede0e045c05298995.png 

😭😭😭😭😭😭 be careful though as the rubber/silicone is said to tarnish your silver. 

And I can imagine you tipping her with Britannias during lap dance escapades. 

Edited by James32

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

😭😭😭😭😭😭 be careful though and the rubber/silicone is said to tarnish your silver. 

And I can imagine you tipping her with Britannias during lap dance escapades. 

Good lord no! She only likes to play with me when the game of twister and the chip fat comes out. I have strictly controlled envoirnments for handling PM's. The other room is my playtime area!

heres my playtime room

image.png.dff9202c1803180db9e6a57c274255e9.png

PM's room

image.png.ab99b4e1395221a9ee8fa3f271c7505f.png

4 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Good lord no! She only likes to play with me when the game of twister and the chip fat comes out. I have strictly controlled envoirnments for handling PM's. The other room is my playtime area!

heres my playtime room

image.png.dff9202c1803180db9e6a57c274255e9.png

PM's room

image.png.ab99b4e1395221a9ee8fa3f271c7505f.png

😭😭😭😭 jeeeeez many bodies are in them bags?

On 06/11/2021 at 21:36, 272 said:

Sent this to the CEO and via RM website - so will see what they come back with. 

Dear Ms Jessopp,

I would like to make a formal complaint about the poor quality of the 1 0z and 2 0z Silver Proof coins I have recently purchased from the Royal Mint as part of the new Tudor Beasts Seymour Panther range. I ordered 2 x 1 0z and 2 x 2 oz Silver proof Seymour Panther coins (order reference numbers below) directly from the Royal Mint as well as two 1 oz Seymour Panther coins from The Koin Club website.

The orders in question are: 

xxxxxx

In total to date, I have therefore received 5 defective coins directly from the Royal Mint in addition to the 2 coins ordered from the Koin Club (for which I had to seek a refund). The fact I have rejected 7 coins in total, all with clear defects suggests that the Royal Mint’s quality control processes are wholly inadequate.  This has also had a direct impact on my time and resources repacking these coins and sending them back through royal mail (4 trips to date).To date I have had to reject all four of the coins first sent to me directly by the Royal Mint because of clearly visible scratches, dings and milks pots (I am able to provide pictures showing the issues with all of the coins). I have sent all these coins back and asked for all of them to be replaced. I received my first replacement 2 OZ ounce silver coin on 4th November 2021, only to find it was also damaged and had a visible ding and scratch marks, which has required me to reject that coin for a second time.

I find the fact that the  replacement coin hadn’t been quality controlled before dispatch particularly upsetting, as it suggests to me that you do not place value in meeting the needs of your customers, nor take additional care to put things right when legitimate issues are raised for your attention.

I take no pleasure in making this complaint as I really belief that the Royal Mint are producing outstanding, world quality designs that I personally find much more interesting and appealing than many other national mints. I really felt the Seymour Panther was a great design and a good start to the new series of Tudor Beasts. On this basis I have signed up to receive the full set of 2 OZ silver as they are released. You do however charge a premium for these ‘proof’ level coins far above their metal content and as such you should be ensuring that the quality is to a commensurate standard.

On this basis I would be grateful if you please take the following actions.

1.       Inform me of what steps you will take ensure that of these coins are replaced with coins that have no scratches, dings milk spots or other defects as would be expected of a ‘proof’ standard coin.

2.       Explain to me why at the very least the last replacement coin I received was not properly quality control checked before it was sent to me as an exchange.

3.       What steps you are going to take restore my confidence that the Royal Mint does in fact value its customers and is prepared to show due care and attention when responding to significant issues when they are raised.

I look forward to your response on this matter. If there are any other details, I can provide to help you resolve my complaint (including pictures for the defective coins), please let me know.

Yours faithfully

xxxx

Got a response from the RM CEO's PA today so a relatively quick acknowledgement. I will see what unfolds as my 1 OZs are turning up tomorrow (3rd time lucky?)

Thank you for your email.  We are very sorry to hear of the issues you have had with your purchases.  I wanted to assure you that we are investigating the points you have raised and will ensure that you have a full account as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime and for signing up to receive future products when they are released.

So received 2 more replacement 1 0z silver panthers today - coins 8 and 9. This is my follow response to the CEO's PA as a result....

Thank you for your quick response. Today I received two replacement 1 0z Silver Royal Tudor Beasts Seymour Panther coins ((UK22TSPSP) and I’m afraid they are also defective. 

The first coin (4259) has appears to have;

• a very large scuff mark / discolouration between the “G” And “REG” letters on the obverse edge of the coin.
  • Several small scratches / marks above the ‘H’  and ‘E’ in “Panther” on the reverse of the coin

The second coin (4251) has;

• A dent on outer rim of the reverse side of the coin between the O and U in “SEYMOUR”
  • A scratch/mark under the second ‘2’ in ‘2022’
  • Rash mark of scratches along the outer rim on the obverse from the ‘T’ in Elizabeth to’ II’

The order number for these coins is       and I will be returning these. I can supply pictures of the defects if that is useful? For awareness these the 8 and 9th coins I am returning from the range (and the third set of 1 oz coins I’ve returned), so I think the previous points made in my last email still stand.

I look forward to your response.

Maybe I should offer my services as their QC lead on a consultancy rate!

scuff.thumb.jpg.1b9971dccd98804924d0a057b34e6237.jpg

296678_2dent.thumb.jpg.9e001f2a927811051a3323e5201662a9.jpg

Inkedrashmark_LI.thumb.jpg.682bc8e39d99cbc5e45ecfdebab810f0.jpg

860707815_ScratchesH.thumb.jpg.6d2df442571c60d6ea0d5ac65fea4a02.jpg

6 minutes ago, 272 said:

So received 2 more replacement 1 0z silver panthers today - coins 8 and 9. This is my follow response to the CEO's PA as a result....

Thank you for your quick response. Today I received two replacement 1 0z Silver Royal Tudor Beasts Seymour Panther coins ((UK22TSPSP) and I’m afraid they are also defective. 

• a very large scuff mark / discolouration between the “G” And “REG” letters on the obverse edge of the coin.
  • Several small scratches / marks above the ‘H’  and ‘E’ in “Panther” on the reverse of the coin

• A dent on outer rim of the reverse side of the coin between the O and U in “SEYMOUR”
  • Rash mark of scratches along the outer rim on the obverse from the ‘T’ in Elizabeth to’ II’

The order number for these coins is       and I will be returning these. I can supply pictures of the defects if that is useful? For awareness these the 8 and 9th coins I am returning from the range (and the third set of 1 oz coins I’ve returned), so I think the previous points made in my last email still stand.

I can't believe the amount of bad luck you've had with these. It's such a shame to see it. Out of 3 that I've had 2 are immaculate and the 3rd I sent back for a refund due to a scuff it had. I've not had to deal with their after sales really but it seems so poor. The Royal Mint should be so much better than this. These are undoubtedly Beautiful coins but the quality control need to get a grip. 

21 minutes ago, 272 said:

Your having a terrible run of luck (and it does seem to be down to luck ) shocking that after so many returns they cant hold a crisis meeting and find out which employee has lied about their eyesight.

41 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

I can't believe the amount of bad luck you've had with these. It's such a shame to see it. Out of 3 that I've had 2 are immaculate and the 3rd I sent back for a refund due to a scuff it had. I've not had to deal with their after sales really but it seems so poor. The Royal Mint should be so much better than this. These are undoubtedly Beautiful coins but the quality control need to get a grip. 

Yes its a real shame. I got 3 of the panther 1/4 golds and they were all fine straight off the bat. I've also never had any previous issues with proofs I've bought direct from RM for the QB series. But to have to return 9 separate coins as defective is taking the biscuit! 

12 minutes ago, 272 said:

Yes its a real shame. I got 3 of the panther 1/4 golds and they were all fine straight off the bat. I've also never had any previous issues with proofs I've bought direct from RM for the QB series. But to have to return 9 separate coins as defective is taking the biscuit! 

Isn't it just!! The Royal Mint should be pulling their finger out by now. I hope you do finally get it resolved one way or another. 

12 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Maybe they should have RM customer services rep join the TSF so they can see the issues members are facing. Given the fact we are 10000 strong!

I think that job would be up there with the worst jobs imaginable. I would actually feel sorry for them.

42 minutes ago, 272 said:

terrible aint it :) I've noticed the rims on the ones i returned where all bad too.You'd have thought being a replacement they would check them.

Edited by blackadder

1 minute ago, blackadder said:

Okay so here's my replacement :) The whole rim ****ed and cracked Air tight.

Hard to see in photo,but think im just going to give up now.

IMG_20211109_173831905.jpg

Sorry - not great is it!

To be fair I've received an email back from their customer engagement manager less than an hour and half after I sent mine today;

Thank you for your e-mail and I am really sorry to hear that the replacement coins you have received today do not meet your expectations. I am sorry that you have returned these coins more than once. I have already escalated these to our production manager who will quality assess these coins when they are returned to us.

I would like to arrange collection of the coins and if you would kindly address them F.A.O.        this will ensure they get back to both our production and myself to review and don’t go through the BAU returns process. Additionally I have requested that the stock on shelf is also quality checked. It may be easier logistically if I give you a call to arrange collection, is there a time tomorrow that is more suitable for me to give you a call to arrange this and discuss next steps?

So I will have a chat with them tomorrow and see what's what!  

1 hour ago, 272 said:

To be fair I've received an email back from their customer engagement manager less than an hour and half after I sent mine today;

Thank you for your e-mail and I am really sorry to hear that the replacement coins you have received today do not meet your expectations. I am sorry that you have returned these coins more than once. I have already escalated these to our production manager who will quality assess these coins when they are returned to us.

I would like to arrange collection of the coins and if you would kindly address them F.A.O.        this will ensure they get back to both our production and myself to review and don’t go through the BAU returns process. Additionally I have requested that the stock on shelf is also quality checked. It may be easier logistically if I give you a call to arrange collection, is there a time tomorrow that is more suitable for me to give you a call to arrange this and discuss next steps?

Think i might just ask for a replacement capsule and call it a day,As you can only see the terrible under a loop :P and it is only the rim this time.

1 hour ago, 272 said:

Hopefully that's a start to a positive outcome. 

34 minutes ago, blackadder said:

Changed my mind this is going back too :) looks like its rolled across a floor lol.

IMG_20211109_1943523946.jpg

IMG_20211109_194415645.jpg

IMG_20211109_194211543.jpg

Royal mint should stick a video on YouTube detailing their complete process of producing proof coins.

I would watch the whole fascinating video and be really interested in the last part...... where newly divorced John and just out of reform school jane aggressively package the finished coins and then place lovingly on the shelves,ready to be picked for posting by we'll let's face it " a complete long-sighted narcissist"

No offence to any John's or Jane's on the forum😁

Forgive my views if I offend those who purchase these coins from the RM. I never intended on purchasing this series of the TB's.. ,reading the problems with the QB's and especially the 2oz 10 coin proof set set with a mintage of 300 that have had so many problems and have been sent back by forum members only to receive an inferior replacement.

I received a Seymour Panther which was a present/Surprise, it had a a scuff mark on the rim....but I won't send it back as was a present....I've read horrid accounts of members continuing to  send this coin back many times and receiving back coins with errors..scratches,spots,broken capsules  etc..... I don't want to go on about the Quality control or lack off....but WHY!!!! Are we purchasing these coins knowing its a 50/50 chance we are going to receive a coin that doesn't have errors???? 

Members complain about the Quality control on these before they are sent out,but we except the fact when purchasing this series as with the QB's that we are going to receive a coin with damage?????

Imo..the Royal mint don't give a flying **** on the condition they send their so called Proof coins out to us which is confirmed by members uploading photos of their purchases with problems...

If any company that sent out any items that we paid for continously time after time....they would be closed down for inferior products so the question is..........WHY!!!!!! Does the Royal Mint seem to be impervious and protected in their disgusting quality control and in house lack of management that they can produce inferior coins.. and have unprofessional staff... who really don't care regarding sending c**p out to us who buy their products?

Isn't their an organisation that inspects and overseas the Royal mints Quality control dept that has the final say before they box up and send us their coins with scratches,marks,spotting,cracked capsules, inadequate packaging to name just a few before we receive what we pay for and expect...

I guess the question is...do we put up with this all the time and going forward receiving the same standards from the RM....Or do we actually do something about it instead of complaining on here about the c**p coins we receive every time a new coin or,series that they produce?????????

SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE..INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING 

Personally I won't be buying this series..I don't want the stress of waiting for a coin only to find it has scratches,spots etc....too much stress and don't want to keep sending them back only to receive a coin that is worse....but I know a few will agree and more will take the chance and gamble on what they receive....BUT THE RM HAVE ALOT OF ISSUES WITH THEIR MINTING THAT DOESNT IMPROVE DESPITE ALL THE COMPLAINTS THEY RECEIVE? WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU??????

REGARDS.