• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

The design is the best i ve seen the last few years.  Maybe the most beautiful sovereign design. I love Jody Clark, he is one of the best coin engravers out there in my opinion and i am collecting his coins. I am definetely buying whatever i can get my hands on on Tuesday! Will aim for the big set as i think only the £5 will really do justise on the beautiful details on this design.

The demand will be very high and i dont think these will last more than a day or two.

Even with the increased prices, once these sell out, will be hard to get them at RRP again.

Edited by foinikas

That design is incredible, I really hope it's the one..... Especially after placing my first ever 5 coin set (pre) order. Fingers firmly crossed it comes through. I've got the 3 Coin set from the jubilee, but I think the raw sets in original boxes and packaging are more appealing, so I've not graded anything so far. Quite excited for the 15th now 😊

2 minutes ago, BiigT said:

That design is incredible, I really hope it's the one..... Especially after placing my first ever 5 coin set (pre) order. Fingers firmly crossed it comes through. I've got the 3 Coin set from the jubilee, but I think the raw sets in original boxes and packaging are more appealing, so I've not graded anything so far. Quite excited for the 15th now 😊

Have you checked your email? 5 coin set pre order is cancelled apparently by well know dealer.

13 minutes ago, lubi29 said:

Have you checked your email? 5 coin set pre order is cancelled apparently by well know dealer.

Doh! Spoke too soon. We are being offered the BU 5 sov piece. I'm tempted to get that instead and then try for a set on the day. Sods law really, as I normally go for the 3 Coin set. That'll teach me! 

12 minutes ago, SheepStacker said:

Probably took too many pre-orders.

Nope... 

7 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

I see a limited mintage for the £5 BU  (1000)

Oh... I've just checked again and misread it first time round. I read N/A and assumed it meant unlimited mintage, but that's got me thinking. To be fair to the dealer, they've been super supportive and it's not their fault at all. 

Well - for all of us missing out on the set we wanted... here's a gilded silver "investment potato chip" as a consolation prize. 😅

Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 6.24.16 PM.png

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

20 minutes ago, BiigT said:

Oh... I've just checked again and misread it first time round. I read N/A and assumed it meant unlimited mintage, but that's got me thinking. To be fair to the dealer, they've been super supportive and it's not their fault at all. 

N/A just means those specific coins won’t be released individually in a Limited Edition Presentation. They will only be part of the sets.

1 minute ago, westminstrel said:

N/A just means those specific coins won’t be released individually in a Limited Edition Presentation. They will only be part of the sets.

Thanks. I assumed that was the case after realising my mistake. The 5sov piece isn't as attractive if I'm honest, but the mintage is low so I'm going for it. The slight concern is that it's not a proof so it might be less appealing to buyers if I want to sell it on ie if they wanted a raw coin to grade it 

1 hour ago, BiigT said:

Actually, scrap that idea. The 5 sov piece is unlimited mintage I think, so that's that. 

I don’t think the £5 and £2 proofs are unlimited. 
They both only come in the coin sets and not in an individual Limited Edition Presentation “LEP”.

The LEPs for the three coin and five coin sets should give you a guide to the mintage for these two coins. So about 1,950 for the £2 and 1,500 for the £5. Added to this are the usual extra coins allocated for the trial of the Pyx and the RM museum collection. 

See the link below to my coin dedicated YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC32DEmDzkaZCBTBVTDiYr0A

Where do I buy/preorder this beauty?

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

Appreciate that, thanks. Can I get any views on buying the 5 Sov BU piece in terms of it appreciating in the future. I normally stick to proofs, but the low mintage has tempted me. I'm just trying to sense check my thinking from more seasoned buyers. 

2 hours ago, BiigT said:

Appreciate that, thanks. Can I get any views on buying the 5 Sov BU piece in terms of it appreciating in the future. I normally stick to proofs, but the low mintage has tempted me. I'm just trying to sense check my thinking from more seasoned buyers. 

The £5 BU will be almost as impressive as the Proof, if not more (imo) because in recent years the BU has been more of a “matte proof”.

4 hours ago, westminstrel said:

The £5 BU will be almost as impressive as the Proof, if not more (imo) because in recent years the BU has been more of a “matte proof”.

Do we think it's right to assume it'll be done in Matt finish? Like the 2022

Think it will be equally nice in Matt as it will in proof 

12 minutes ago, Paul said:

Do we think it's right to assume it'll be done in Matt finish? Like the 2022

Think it will be equally nice in Matt as it will in proof 

I am almost 100% certain it will be a matte proof as that’s how they’ve done the £5 BUs since 2018.

Just IMO… the matte finishes are far superior to the proofs. The 2022 SOTD, for example, is really a terrific coin to behold. It’s almost iridescent in certain angles. I think the matte finish works particularly well for intricate designs.

Good luck to whoever can afford and manage to snag a £5 BU.

16 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I am almost 100% certain it will be a matte proof as that’s how they’ve done the £5 BUs since 2018.

Just IMO… the matte finishes are far superior to the proofs. The 2022 SOTD, for example, is really a terrific coin to behold. It’s almost iridescent in certain angles. I think the matte finish works particularly well for intricate designs.

Good luck to whoever can afford and manage to snag a £5 BU.

Will try for both ! Aim high, think big !! :)