• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

having seen the design now and looking at the "artists impressions" that have been put in this thread over the last few weeks, I personally don't think anyone who had privileged and embargoed information has broke the rules when it came to the design. Its nice and Timothy Noad has done a bit more than tweaked it imo. Its going to fly isn't it.... 🙂

Good luck everybody later this morning.

This is the first time I’ve been on the forum for several months as I’ve not wanted to indulge my hobby when my wife’s been struggling with cancer.

It’s good to see the design and read your posts after such a long time away though.

All the best later.

Own it and Love it.

(With thanks to 9x883 for the suggestion)

38 minutes ago, GoodAsGold said:

Good luck everybody later this morning.

This is the first time I’ve been on the forum for several months as I’ve not wanted to indulge my hobby when my wife’s been struggling with cancer.

It’s good to see the design and read your posts after such a long time away though.

All the best later.

Oh no I’m sorry to hear that my friend. 😕 I hope things are looking up.  Always good to see you around.  

So what's everyones thoughts?  For me it's better than the 2002 and 2005. To me the Unicorn dose look a little disconcerted that it's still shackled by the Royal Crown.

Some interesting design features.  I'm liking this one.

svo1.png

sv2.png

Edited by GoldDiggerDave

17 minutes ago, danmc82 said:

You guys are up early 🤣

I'd normally be off to bed 20 minutes ago lol.

I thought this was meant to start at 8 and now have an extra hour.

I ca n only get a half today so should probably just sleep now and get up at 1 but FOMO and all that. 🥱

So what's everyones thoughts?

I only like 1989 better. I wish I had saved enough to buy a 3 coin set now :(

Edited by 27carrots

6 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

So what's everyones thoughts?  For me it's better than the 2002 and 2005. To me the Unicorn dose look a little disconcerted that it's still shackled by the Royal Crown.

svo1.png

sv2.png

I like the overall design - it goes very well with the rest of the special sovereigns.

Also, the pics we’ve seen are quite “flat”.  I think this will look stunning in proof. 

Edited by westminstrel

40 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I like the overall design - it goes very well with the rest of the special sovereigns.

Also, the pics we’ve seen are quite “flat”.  I think this will look stunning in proof. 

I thought the same. The pics are akin bullion strike. Must look even better in proof.

Good luck everyone.

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 8.10.45 am.png

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

svo1.png

sv2.png

I did wonder if they would be also releasing art work. Looks like they will be. Limited edition signed prints…anyone?

4 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I did wonder if they would be also releasing art work. Looks like they will be. Limited edition signed prints…anyone?

Have we (soon to be) not spent enough money already 😄

Just now, danmc82 said:

Have we (soon to be) not spent enough money already 😄

Depends on what you mean by enough? If you are dropping £585.00 on a Sovereign, another c£100.00 for a signed piece of art by the designer may be a nice addition.