• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens beasts set

It's a shame when many genuine collectors who've invested time and money over the course of years can't get a coin because they were an hour late to the release. It would be interesting to find out how many individual buyers there were for something with a mintage of 300 sets. People will buy more than one set if finances allow so are all these sets in the hands of 300 buyers, 100 or 50? Only the RM know.

5 minutes ago, DeepSpace said:

It's a shame when many genuine collectors who've invested time and money over the course of years can't get a coin because they were an hour late to the release. It would be interesting to find out how many individual buyers there were for something with a mintage of 300 sets. People will buy more than one set if finances allow so are all these sets in the hands of 300 buyers, 100 or 50? Only the RM know.

It's the nature of the game, Royal Mint treat these releases like a national secret and tbh we all knew at some point the 2oz completer was being released in June but i never knew about the full sets and i always refresh the royal mint site every morning anyway for that reason and yesterday was no exception apart from when it opened at 09.00 there was nothing there, it was only following an alert on here i realised and went back on otherwise i would have missed out too.... 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

I have to agree. 

Unfortunately no one gets any popular releases on a silver platter. Well, perhaps a few.

As has been suggested earlier its worth checking the RM site every morning when you can. And then be disappointed when it's Alice In Wonderland.

The opposite side would be the mint advertise in advance the release dates. That would likely make it harder to get them.

29 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I have to agree. 

Unfortunately no one gets any popular releases on a silver platter. Well, perhaps a few.

As has been suggested earlier its worth checking the RM site every morning when you can. And then be disappointed when it's Alice In Wonderland.

The opposite side would be the mint advertise in advance the release dates. That would likely make it harder to get them.

I got my alert off RM for the new release at 10:40, about an hour after they sold out.... so the alerts are about as much use a chocolate periodic table silver mold... 

41 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I have to agree. 

I suppose the Royal Mint could produce fewer coins/varieties, but in larger quantities, and then properly advertise them in order to stimulate collector interest.  Yes, this would upset the flippers but would it not be better for the future of the hobby?

I reckon we must have had a record number of coins released yesterday:

10 gold proof quarter ounce coins

10 silver proof 1oz coins

10 silver proof quarter ounce coins

The 2oz proof silver Completer, and

The Five-Sovereign Matt BU piece.

which total to 32 new precious metal coins (did I miss any?).

Is this a world record for the number of coins released on one day???

23 minutes ago, Gordy said:

I got my alert off RM for the new release at 10:40, about an hour after they sold out.... so the alerts are about as much use a chocolate periodic table silver mold... 

Yeah, I got the same alert. It was nice of the RM to let us know their sale had been so successful! They did have 1/4oz silvers left which I was happy to get. It must be a task getting 19,000 proof coins set and ready to go but their e-mail alerts really should be better. 

Edited by DeepSpace

12 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

I suppose the Royal Mint could produce fewer coins/varieties, but in larger quantities, and then properly advertise them in order to stimulate collector interest.  Yes, this would upset the flippers but would it not be better for the future of the hobby?

I reckon we must have had a record number of coins released yesterday:

10 gold proof quarter ounce coins

10 silver proof 1oz coins

10 silver proof quarter ounce coins

The 2oz proof silver Completer, and

The Five-Sovereign Matt BU piece.

which total to 32 new precious metal coins (did I miss any?).

Is this a world record for the number of coins released on one day???

I personally have less interest in buying potentially unlimited mintages of coins, or large quantities. There is certainly something more "special" about having hard to get things whether it's coins or trainers (!) for example.

I know the Mint has stocks of some proofs from years ago. 

There is a balance somewhere I guess, making them desirable and keeping everyone happy, whilst it making business sense.

Perhaps they are less desirable if everyone has them?

Edited by NewCoins

6 hours ago, dikefalos said:

Downies says mintage of 310, they usually take the max mintage. 310 sounds good to me and there are not coming single 2 OZ QB's. 

https://www.downies.com/the-queen-s-beast-completer-2021-5-2oz-silver-proof-10-coin-set

Where do they say 310 mintage?  All I can find is “310 complete sets”. 🤔 

Half of me is expecting another release of the 2oz 2021 coins with the lack of obvious mintage figures.

The mints description is below "this year they return one last time". Make of that what you will. Expect a release later in the week !

They don't often as far as I can tell have mintage figures on the site for sets. 

Screenshot_20210629-155151_Chrome.thumb.jpg.64d832a16991339467aee1ef70adde39.jpg

Edited by NewCoins

54 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Where do they say 310 mintage?  All I can find is “310 complete sets”. 🤔 

Yes, you are right. But there are, like the RM says, only 300 Sets and i hope downies made a mistake and writes 310 Sets instead of 310 max mintage. The only thing for sure for me is, that this 2 OZ set  is a real stunner. For sure the RM is milking us, thats their job. It's not a charity foundation. As they bring such beautiful coins like the Completer or this set, i'll give blood, sweat and tears for my obsession. This is not a snowman or mr. men & little miss coin but a timeless design for the books.

Edited by dikefalos

I have to agree with Dikefalos. The completer coin is the single most spectacular coin I have ever seen from the Royal Mint. Fortunate to have it in one ounce silver proof. They must have Jody Clark on their next moneymaking series or something🤣😂🤣

Someone posted an email screenshot from the RM today stating:

"That is correct the LEP (limited edition presentation) and MCM (maximum coin mintage) figure is the same for this set." 

This was in regards to the 2oz proof 10 coin set. I guess that makes the 2oz silver proofs quite exclusive, given each coin only has a max mintage of 300! 

28 minutes ago, BeeCee said:

I guess that makes the 2oz silver proofs quite exclusive, given each coin only has a max mintage of 300! 

Is it really so exclusive when there are so many other formats of the same design in silver?  Just trying to understand the hype about this. 

27 minutes ago, BeeCee said:

Someone posted an email screenshot from the RM today stating:

"That is correct the LEP (limited edition presentation) and MCM (maximum coin mintage) figure is the same for this set." 

This was in regards to the 2oz proof 10 coin set. I guess that makes the 2oz silver proofs quite exclusive, given each coin only has a max mintage of 300! 

Don't despair, the 2oz proof 11 coin set will be along shortly...as an added note if RM monitor this forum, a gilded version would be awesome!

1 hour ago, dikefalos said:

Yes, you are right. But there are, like the RM says, only 300 Sets and i hope downies made a mistake and writes 310 Sets instead of 310 max mintage. The only thing for sure for me is, that this 2 OZ set  is a real stunner. For sure the RM is milking us, thats their job. It's not a charity foundation. As they bring such beautiful coins like the Completer or this set, i'll give blood, sweat and tears for my obsession. This is not a snowman or mr. men & little miss coin but a timeless design for the books.

This is the beauty of collecting. One man’s food can be another man’s poison. 😀

I’m glad you managed to snag a set since you obviously seem to love this  range. 😎

2 minutes ago, VelociteeSteel said:

Don't despair, the 2oz proof 11 coin set will be along shortly...as an added note if RM monitor this forum, a gilded version would be awesome!

Or there could very well be a 5 Oz with a mintage of 150.

All joking aside, they do say “for the last time”, so maybe after this release, the range really will be put to rest. 

4 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Is it really so exclusive when there are so many other formats of the same design in silver?  Just trying to understand the hype about this. 

To me its not so much the exclusivity... (well yes on some of them it is) its about the series... Collectors like to have some form of consistency (not talking about quality of the actual coin) and collecting the sets over time was why it became so popular.. me thinks... ok the RM have pushed a few more lines in but to me having the 2oz silver proof to compliment the bullion was a must

9 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

To me its not so much the exclusivity... (well yes on some of them it is) its about the series... Collectors like to have some form of consistency (not talking about quality of the actual coin) and collecting the sets over time was why it became so popular.. me thinks... ok the RM have pushed a few more lines in but to me having the 2oz silver proof to compliment the bullion was a must

Ditto, cant wait for the postie/santa to bring mine in a couple of days.....