• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens beasts set

I am not a 'flipper' and don't collect many proofs so do not order from the RM.

I also dislike being part of a feeding frenzy when buying coins for many thousands of pounds - a lottery might be fairer

It makes collecting Shield Sovs, Morgans, Early Australian and Early US PM coins seem much more pleasurable!

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

44 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

I did indeed. It was a "toys out the pram moment". Having never owned a full set, I was thinking of selling all my odd QB coins, buy this mini 1/4 set and be done with the bloody series 😂.

I'm glad I ordered now though, having seen them sell out relatively fast also. I'm sure they'll look good in the hand, if they get to hand without order being cancelled.

Yeah a 1/4 completer 😂...🔍... 🔬...

Did you manage to nab anything today?

Yep, you certainly don't get much time to deliberate with these releases. 

I got a 1/4oz silver set myself and I'm thinking the same in regards to selling the random QB's I already have. I'm thinking of having a display with the completer 1oz proof in the middle with the 1/4oz set encircling it. It'd make a nice display and it's not cost the earth so I wouldn't have to worry about having it in my office 'box room' at home.

I was on the RM site by chance when these were all available but I totally just sat this release out.

Somehow this series just isn’t for me. And with the unhealthy hype, and numerous editions and re-releases, it’s right turned me off.

Glad for those who do love this series and managed to get something today. 🙂

49 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

I agree...hate seeing the GREED EXPLOSION on Ebay..2 minutes after they sell out on the RM...☹☹

I think there is the danger that the release of the 2oz silver proof Completer wil hit the demand for / price of the 1oz silver proof version.

4 hours ago, Zhorro said:

I think there is the danger that the release of the 2oz silver proof Completer wil hit the demand for / price of the 1oz silver proof version.

I think you could be right 2oz 750 mintage V 1oz 7100 mintage, although as I have mentioned it is a nice stand alone coin which will help support 1oz price a little, the 1oz PF 70 completers are making around the £500 mark & seem to be holding up at that mainly because  non of the big US coin Co's have graded any. I'd expect £150-£200 price drop on 1oz completer if the US coin co's grade a ton of them.

Maybe they didn't manage to get any lol.

Edited by motorbikez

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

47 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I was on the RM site by chance when these were all available but I totally just sat this release out.

Somehow this series just isn’t for me. And with the unhealthy hype, and numerous editions and re-releases, it’s right turned me off.

I was the same - I went online by chance and I was in a queue, but I didn't know what I was in the queue for...

I got in and then had issues with the link to the QB's "all together" page -

it kept taking me back to the homepage after clicking and wondered whether they'd set up the

queuing system by accident,  thinking the "all together" page related to the completer coin, which

had already come out but possibly not in all sizes.

A few minutes later, I went back to the site and finally saw the 10 coin sets (the quarter oz silver was duplicated).

Later the duplication disappeared.

Saw they had limited edition numbers, but no maximum mintage, which it should say on the COA, for those that have ordered.

Strange though that the 2oz 10 coin silver proof set (not reverse proof) didn't show a COA - it said 300 limited edition, but didn't confirm the maximum mintage, which should say on the COA,

But if it has no COA, then how do we know what the maximum mintage is!?

I didn't buy, as I already have the original QB's, but they are a lovely set.

Well done to all that secured their set!

Look forward to seeing them more in the flesh in the 'Today I received' thread! 😊

Edited by GoldenGriffin

18 minutes ago, GoldenGriffin said:

I was the same - I went online by chance and I was in a queue, but I didn't know what I was in the queue for...

it kept taking me back to the homepage after clicking and wondered whether they'd set up the

queuing system by accident,  thinking the "all together" page related to the completer coin, which

A few minutes later, I went back to the site and finally saw the 10 coin sets (the quarter oz silver was duplicated).

Saw they had limited edition numbers, but no maximum mintage, which it should say on the COA, for those that have ordered.

Strange though that the 2oz 10 coin silver proof set (not reverse proof) didn't show a COA - it said 300 limited edition, but didn't confirm the maximum mintage, which should say on the COA,

Look forward to seeing them more in the flesh in the 'Today I received' thread! 😊

Sorry not with you on the COA thing? its limited to 300 in the 10 coin set... assuming that means 300 of each coin... when they start appearing on "today I received" I am sure they will show maximum per coin 🙂 .. 

34 minutes ago, GoldenGriffin said:

Omg that sounds like an ordeal! 👀 

28 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

Sorry not with you on the COA thing? its limited to 300 in the 10 coin set... assuming that means 300 of each coin... when they start appearing on "today I received" I am sure they will show maximum per coin 🙂 .. 

Sorry, maybe I got it wrong?

I thought the limited edition was limited to the presentation and the maximum mintage was the maximum number of coins they'd mint...

So, if you had a limited edition of 300 coins in a specific box, you 

could then have another 300 coins minted as limited edition in another fancy box mixed with other coins

And if that was that, the maximum mintage would be 600 in this example.

I have a limited edition mintage on my COA's and a maximum mintage too.

Hope that makes sense!? 🙂

Edited by GoldenGriffin

1 hour ago, westminstrel said:

I agree. To me it seemed like further dilution of an already very diluted line. I also didn't like the failure to list a maximum coin mintage in the specifications. Does this mean we'll see an 11 coin set of all these plus a completer next month? Its odd for that detail to be missing. On top of that my experience with the gold proof completer has been so bad I've just generally lost the appetite to buy more from The Royal Mint let alone a 10 coin set that would need to be meticulously checked. Hope the quality is good for those that did decide to go for them.

Edited by AppleZippoandMetronome
typo

16 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Omg that sounds like an ordeal! 👀 

It reminded me of the time when they released the Griffin - what an ordeal that was!

I couldn't access the link on the website from my laptop, but I could on my phone, then couldn't on my

phone or laptop and then finally could access the Web page on my laptop and quickly ordered before I was denied access again!!

My AM sounded really surprised that I had it delivered, and before I told her I already had it in hand, it sounded as though she was about to tell me some bad news!! 😅

Edited by GoldenGriffin

1 minute ago, GoldenGriffin said:

It reminded me of the time when they released the Griffin - what an ordeal that was!

I couldn't access the link on the website from my laptop, but I could on my phone, then couldn't on my

phone or laptop and then finally could access the Web page on my laptop and quickly order before I was denied access again!!

My AM was surprised that I had it delivered, as it sounded as though she was about to tell me some bad news!! 😅

Haha!  Is that why your name is GoldenGriffin as a tribute? 😬 Kidding.

In all seriousness, I can’t believe they released an entire set of new 1/4 Oz gold coins in one day… after drip releasing the original 1/4 Oz gold coins over the last couple of years.  The uniqueness of this set has been totally undone.

Who’s to say they won’t release a 2022 dated set next year with a plain edge or the chainmaille in the fields (like the Bullion versions) to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee? 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Haha!  Is that why your name is GoldenGriffin as a tribute? 😬 Kidding.

In all seriousness, I can’t believe they released an entire set of new 1/4 Oz gold coins in one day… after drip releasing the original 1/4 Oz gold coins over the last couple of years.  The uniqueness of this set has been totally undone.

Who’s to say they won’t release a 2022 dated set next year with a plain edge or the chainmaille in the fields (like the Bullion versions) to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee? 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Haha! 😄

GoldenGriffin is definitely a tribute to a coin that is one of my absolute favourites in the series! 😄

My Griffin sense (spidey sense) tells me that the RM may mint a 10 coin set in 1 oz reverse proof, but after that, that maybe it!?

They can't keep milking it, can they!?

I'm hoping for a new series that's just as exciting to come out.

I racked my brain, but I can't think of what could top it!? 😕

26 minutes ago, GoldenGriffin said:

Sorry, maybe I got it wrong?

I thought the limited edition was limited to the presentation and the maximum mintage was the maximum number of coins they'd mint...

So, if you had a limited edition of 300 coins in a specific box, you 

could then have another 300 coins minted as limited edition in another fancy box mixed with other coins

And if that was that, the maximum mintage would be 600 in this example.

I have a limited edition mintage on my COA's and a maximum mintage too.

Hope that makes sense!? 🙂

with the Rm anything is possible.. but as a hardened optimist I would say its a mintage of 300 sets with 300 types for each beast

Don't get queens beasts has some really just paid 360 quid for 2.5 ounces of silver on the 10 x 1/4oz set? 

I really hope that they don't milk for those that have invested? 

I bought the 1/4oz brits had them in my hand for 30 seconds then thought what are these all about 

4 minutes ago, Leonmarsh said:

Don't get queens beasts has some really just paid 360 quid for 2.5 ounces of silver on the 10 x 1/4oz set? 

I really hope that they don't milk for those that have invested? 

I bought the 1/4oz brits had them in my hand for 30 seconds then thought what are these all about 

I just opened a quarter ounce britannias and tryed to read the year on it. Then i put ten together, tryed to see anything clear. After 10 to 12 seconds i could imagine, that are all queens beasts in front of me. But i had to order the 1/4 set. It's propably like methadon, just makes me come down from missing the 2 OZ set. But i really don't think, that the little beasts will make me euphoric. But again, i had to order them.  

10 minutes ago, Leonmarsh said:

has some really just paid 360 quid for 2.5 ounces of silver on the 10 x 1/4oz set? 

Me 🙋‍♂️ 😂 £369 with delivery ...😳 

15 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

Surely this series has to come to an end now?

Separate 2oz proofs incoming....