• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens beasts set

14 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

No they have not

I know nothing. But I'd assume that leaving the mintage number out was intentional.

I am hoping it was Royal Mint incompetence! Maybe I am being optimistic!

Edited by NewCoins

1 hour ago, NewCoins said:

Not sure if it means much, but the mintage on LPM of the 2oz silver proof set is 300

Screenshot_20210628-173837_Google.jpg

Thanks for the LPM source - this doesn't say maximum mintage, but only mintage.

Let's just hope it is incompetence and the sets come with a COA

stating limited edition mintage of 300 and maximum mintage of 300 (or there abouts).

Edited by GoldenGriffin

12 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

am hoping it was Royal Mint incompetence! Maybe I am being optimistic!

Well, they did leave the number out on the 1/4s also. Surely they wouldn't release those separately... 😂 . Perhaps £360 for 2.5 oz will be a bargain after all...😂

5 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

Well, they did leave the number out on the 1/4s also. Surely they wouldn't release those separately... 😂 . Perhaps £360 for 2.5 oz will be a bargain after all...😂

The pictures on the RM website showed the COA in the boxes for the 1/4 oz silver and 1/4 oz gold, (the 2 oz silver proofs didn't).

So the COA's should say what the maximum mintage is when you receive your coins, for confirmation!👍

Edited by GoldenGriffin

4 minutes ago, GoldenGriffin said:

The pictures on the RM website showed the COA in the boxes for the 1/4 oz silver and gold, (the 2 oz silver proofs didn't).

So the COA's should say what the maximum mintage is when you receive your coins! 👍

Yes, good point. It will be interesting when we get the sets and see. Surely, the 2oz will come with COA also...

Edited by SilverJacks

11 minutes ago, Leonmarsh said:

Maybe even the stoat of seville after a definite final one after the zebra, an animal previously unknown thst Queen Victoria used to feed cheese to and carry around in her ginger wig 

The Stoat of Seville sounds something of a more 16th Century beast. Part of the court of Philip and Mary, perhaps. Could be a good coin!

You should email the Royal Mint. Perhaps a global Royal Beasts series..... 

23 minutes ago, GoldenGriffin said:

Thanks for the LPM source - this doesn't say maximum mintage, but only mintage.

Let's just hope it is incompetence and the sets come with a COA

stating limited edition mintage of 300 and maximum mintage of 300 (or there abouts).

LPM also state for the 2oz completer the "mintage" is 750. This was even when the Royal Mint mistake page said 100. And that turned out to be correct.

Hopefully RM sent data separately to distributors and they are capable of publishing it.

Screenshot_20210628-185631_Google.jpg

32 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

LPM also state for the 2oz completer the "mintage" is 750. This was even when the Royal Mint mistake page said 100. And that turned out to be correct.

Hopefully RM sent data separately to distributors and they are capable of publishing it.

Screenshot_20210628-185631_Google.jpg

Fingers crossed 🤞

1 hour ago, Zhorro said:

I missed it  but what what really annoys me about RM is their lack of consistency. I wouldn't mind if they just did unannounced releases across the board but why ask if I want to register my interest on announcements about that coin in the first place!  Instead I get an email about QB sets that I didn't express an interest in  but it mentions nothing about the  completer coin I did specifically register for! I actually went on the site this morning and missed it as there was no mention on the linked QB landing page beyond the sets (again often find the navigation on RM website odd - why not one page for all in stock releases of the same range)! 

2 hours ago, Leonmarsh said:

Maybe even the stoat of seville after a definite final one after the zebra, an animal previously unknown thst Queen Victoria used to feed cheese to and carry around in her ginger wig 

I'm not sure about the Stoat of Seville, but today it appears that there are a few Weasels of Llantrisant 😉

On a more serious note - what a palaver.  I'm glad I'm not particularly interested in the proofs of this series.

Well done to those that wanted and got them.

12 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

I totally agree with you....to much hype and FOMO .......respect to those who collect them and got them...but its like the Rocky and Rambo films..the 1st ones are great....but it goes downhill when they milk it..🐄🐄

What?  Rocky IV was the bomb! 

rocky.png