• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Went to my favorite LCS today thinking to see if he had any older or more unusual LMU coins then the common ones I already have.  He did have some older french 20 franc (Napoleon I, AN12-13, Louis-Philippe,  Louis XVIII, Ceres etc)  but they were finer grades, and I was a bit over my depth in knowledge of pricing such.  So I passed on them until I do some research.  But while I was there he offered me a great price on some very attractive Liberty Eagles and Double Eagles, so I splurged a bit and bought two of each. 

20201007_153504-ccfopt.jpg

20201007_153529-ccfopt.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

:o

50 minutes ago, shawy2510 said:

Auctions are going crazy high at the moment but had to get this. Told the misses it was 2k instead of the 5.8k. It was being sold in Swiss Francs so said that was the exchange rate.

20201017_174149.jpg

Screenshot_20201017-174216_NGC.jpg

Congratulations - I watched that go through - stunning coin.

I have one coin so far in this sale as the ~20 I picked out have all gone for 7 to 12x estimate which was far too high. :o I have a few lots of interest left to go - at this rate it is not looking good!

5 minutes ago, SilverTanner said:

:o

Congratulations - I watched that go through - stunning coin.

I have one coin so far in this sale as the ~20 I picked out have all gone for 7 to 12x estimate which was far too high. :o I have a few lots of interest left to go - at this rate it is not looking good!

I was hoping for 4k to be honest but some bugger in the room kept going for it. Its the single finest between NGC & PCGS so I went for it. 

I watched about 300 of the lots & nearly all went for minimum 4x the estimate & alot by even more. Good luck with any you are after.

Edited by shawy2510

31 minutes ago, shawy2510 said:

I was hoping for 4k to be honest but some bugger in the room kept going for it. Its the single finest between NGC & PCGS so I went for it. 

I watched about 300 of the lots & nearly all went for minimum 4x the estimate & alot by even more. Good luck with any you are after.

Prices are mad - just lost out on another - one little bit of copper so far and two other people wanted that:lol:

A bit bored this evening, so I've taken a wander on ebay, and after an hour I've picked up 5.87 ozt of hallmarked silver for £93.88, thats £15.99 an ozt

Happy with that. Might be more by the end of the night. :)  

Update, another 3.3 ozt, a bit more expensive though, this time it cost me £17.09 a ozt, only 9% under spot. Must be getting soft in my old age

Edited by HighlandTiger

On the way back from a 350 mile unplanned round trip to Milton Keynes, (don't ask 🙄), I popped into Royal Wootton Bassett, and visited @BritanniaCoinCompany in their shop. Came away with 2 nice sovs. 1929 SA, and a 1900.

Nice friendly staff as usual, never got a chance to have a look around the shop though, as I still had a couple of hours driving to do.

IMG_20201022_193920.jpg