• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Doing a bit more research on the key, It appears they were commissioned by the Mayfair coin company in a limited edition of 1000. I've noticed on the edge of my key there is a number "171". Boxed examples with certificates have been going for twice the price I paid, so I've not done too bad.   

pckey.JPG

On 29/10/2020 at 12:55, HighlandTiger said:

A day off today, so a nice little drive to Royal Wootton Bassett, to see my new friends at @BritanniaCoinCompany, the plan being to buy another sovereign. 

However I timed it just right as they were reducing a load of silver flatware items, basically because they had too much stock, and it was being sold at spot + 10%. Which considering only last week I was paying more than that on eBay and thinking I had a bargain, I just had to have a rummage around and see what I could find. 

First off, they reduced the price of a lovely silver double sovereign holder. (Obviously this wasn't 10% above spot, but I did get it for a major bargain). Superb condition, springs and lock work perfectly. When I got home and researched the hallmarks, it appears that it was made by HV Pithey & Co, and whilst the case was hallmarked in Chester in 1913, the date letter on the coin holding centre part had a different style letter n, indicating this part was hallmarked in London in 1908. Now the company was a London company that hallmarked in both Chester and London, and it seems when they built the case they put parts from different assays together.

The other silver piece I got was a heavy silver key commemorating the 21st birthday of Prince Charles in 1969. It weighs over 3ozt and I got it for 10% over spot, made by Turner and Simpson Ltd in Birmingham in 1969. It should shine up very nice with a bit of Goddard's. 

Oh and I got a nice 1900 Queen Vic sov, which when I got home I noticed it was a Melbourne one. Happy days.

So if anyone is in the area, they've got a silver sale on, grab the bargains while you can.

IMG_20201029_192907.jpg

IMG_20201029_193356.jpg

How wonderful to have an actual use for a double sovereign holder!  

"Yeah I'll take that shiny new Land Rover."  * pulls out double sovereign holder *

10 hours ago, DHunt94 said:

@Pampfan Same here took me the best part of 45 minutes, did anyone else manage to get one before all of the scalpers

After a lot of sweat, I managed to grab 2 of these WW2 ASE yesterday from the US Mint

I also bought today from GSBE 1 tube of 2020 1oz libertad, 2 oz and 5 oz libertads :)  (only 5 oz remaining at the moment)

14 hours ago, cdrematt said:

I was in what is fast becoming my favorite local coin shop, and came across this. Condition-wise, it's rough, but I have wanted to add a Capped Bust coin to my collection for some time, so she looks beautiful to me.

20201110_233042.jpg

20201110_233531.jpg

Nice coin..got the type set, they add up to fill the set.

20201013_153200.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Attractively designed (and packaged!) 8g 999 Silver 2020 LNY Commemorative Coin . . . it’s of course not LNY 2020, but these are still widely available locally - of course at a substantial premium, but I have a use for them ;)

47FC536A-7916-4807-AF87-E0E69F31FEDD.jpeg

11DCD9E4-8DEE-4E93-87C1-5602570A95B8.jpeg

CE1E71EA-0413-4E3B-9DB3-73FB629D7508.jpeg

29A49B78-CE22-4330-A95C-49A3D8868F24.jpeg

8998139E-60AD-4210-81BE-DB66C676A0E5.jpeg

6679C3EE-C97A-45D8-BD80-79A6C2C563D2.jpeg

Edited by UncommonSeal