• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

24 minutes ago, SilverPirate007 said:

Got any 1/4 oz?

We do have 1/4 ounces, but they are called sovereigns!

If you mean quarter ounce Brits, no, the premiums on new coins are too high IMO, but sovereigns are relatively competitive, although of course they are not exact 1/4 ounces.

Chards

12 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

We do have 1/4 ounces, but they are called sovereigns!

If you mean quarter ounce Brits, no, the premiums on new coins are too high IMO, but sovereigns are relatively competitive, although of course they are not exact 1/4 ounces.

Ah I have a thing for the 1/4 oz brits. Almost a fetish

Just bought this 1990 proof sovereign from Sterling Numismatics, a local West Australian dealer. This fills one of the gaps in my QEII proof sovereign date run. 

E13FE3BF-D230-4F77-BE9E-2B7EDFFB27F9.jpeg

B073F29D-F03B-445A-912E-354CE2A46838.jpeg

Edited by CoinStruck

See the link below to my coin dedicated YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC32DEmDzkaZCBTBVTDiYr0A

• Founder & Administrator

Air-Tite A22mm Direct Fit capsules. 

My plan is that hopefully sovereigns should just about squeeze into them, as the 22mm capsules should have a little extra space and the sovereigns are only 0.05mm over 22mm.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I bought a 1971 Bahamas 9 coin set because I wanted the 50c, $1, $2, and $5 (all .925) for my collection however there is a problem...

The $5 is an absolute mammoth of a coin with a diameter of 45mm! (and a whopping weight of 42g! of .925 silver)

Now whilst it's great to have a coin with well over a Toz of pure silver in it, I store my coins in lighthouse flips in plastic sleeves in a folder and the largest lighthouse flips made are 39.5mm- significantly smaller than the diameter of this massive coin (a crown is 38.6mm for comparison).

The reason for posting here is that I can't think of a solution to this problem and wanted to have one in place for when the coin arrives. If anyone can help with this there is a small prize (don't get too excited) for the best solution to make the coin look in place in my folder (attached).

Currently the best I can think is to cut out a 46mm circular hole in the lighthouse flip (2"x 2") and somehow use clingfilm to create the plastic sheet 😂

image.png

image.png

CDB4EAA2-BAD1-4601-BD37-E6A97260266B.jpeg.27c4f6a7a98a174395513c74f8c3f8f7.jpeg

6 hours ago, GoldElliott said:

I bought a 1971 Bahamas 9 coin set because I wanted the 50c, $1, $2, and $5 (all .925) for my collection however there is a problem...

The $5 is an absolute mammoth of a coin with a diameter of 45mm! (and a whopping weight of 42g! of .925 silver)

Now whilst it's great to have a coin with well over a Toz of pure silver in it, I store my coins in lighthouse flips in plastic sleeves in a folder and the largest lighthouse flips made are 39.5mm- significantly smaller than the diameter of this massive coin (a crown is 38.6mm for comparison).

The reason for posting here is that I can't think of a solution to this problem and wanted to have one in place for when the coin arrives. If anyone can help with this there is a small prize (don't get too excited) for the best solution to make the coin look in place in my folder (attached).

Currently the best I can think is to cut out a 46mm circular hole in the lighthouse flip (2"x 2") and somehow use clingfilm to create the plastic sheet 😂

image.png

image.png

If you have to have problems, those are the kind you want. 😎

On 26/04/2020 at 17:48, ChrisSilver said:

Air-Tite A22mm Direct Fit capsules. 

My plan is that hopefully sovereigns should just about squeeze into them, as the 22mm capsules should have a little extra space and the sovereigns are only 0.05mm over 22mm.

How did that work out for you? I did the same, a Young Victoria sat in there great, 2020's move fore and aft as not gripped tight enough 🤪

On 28/04/2020 at 01:06, RacerCool said:

Added another roll of BU silver dimes, and three more modern half eagles to the stack: 1988, 1991, 2018. The middle one is the 2018 rose gold half eagle, the only rose gold coin the US Mint has ever produced (as far as I know).

IMG_20200427_1650569.jpg

IMG_20200427_1650406.jpg

American coins rock. You get a much better choice of low cost circulation coins too compared to the UK, lucky!