• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

3 hours ago, Paul said:

i.e. Up and Down, fluctuating 

Like @James32 's bank balance here monitoring the for sale threads here ;)

I wonder if @James32 can influence global gold prices with his purchases? Next time we see a £30 In a day rise I'll be blaming him! 😜

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

4 minutes ago, Upsidedown5318008 said:

I wonder if @James32 can influence global gold prices with his purchases? Next time we see a £30 In a day rise I'll be blaming him! 😜

Depending on what @arshimo2012 has listed. . . . . . . . . . I've seen the amount feedbacks for transactions James has left for him 

£1606, or $2026. The ceiling is now become the floor of new.

Guess what else become new floors? US debt ceiling for sure. Also state welfare of us poor European countries.

So maybe this is the time to buy the dip. 

If we do the right thing this time, we might have to do the right thing again next time.

FT: Bank of England raises interest rates to 4.5%

The Bank of England has increased interest rates by 0.25 percentage points to 4.5 per cent, as it forecast high inflation over the next three years. Rate setters backed the increase by 7 votes to 2.

🤔

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 hour ago, jultorsk said:

FT: Bank of England raises interest rates to 4.5%

The Bank of England has increased interest rates by 0.25 percentage points to 4.5 per cent, as it forecast high inflation over the next three years. Rate setters backed the increase by 7 votes to 2.

🤔

And now back-peddaling frantically on the claim by the chancellor that inflation will drop by the end of 2023... now it's 2025!

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/bank-england-sunak-fail-deliver-112559994.html

53 minutes ago, ZRPMs said:

@Martin1983 As @James32 says. Become a paid up Member. I had been looking to buy from my usual sources but decided to pay for one month. My savings in the first month more than paid for the years membership. Its only a couple of coffee's cost for a months Premium Membership. 

Coffee's 40p from the vending machine where I work.

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

1 minute ago, Earthmetal said:

Coffee's 40p from the vending machine where I work.

Well done. Every where I seem to go, unless I make it myself at home Its about the £2 mark. Having said that by the time I've paid to boil the kettle at current tariffs. Paid through the nose for the coffee, milk and sugar at the local supermarket and contributed to the water rates then pre paying for the sewage to the water board. I'm probably getting close to the £2 a cup at home.