• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

5 hours ago, Midasfrog said:

Gold is only £23 short of its 3 month low of £1323 

Monday might see it go even lower , some great buying chances for mid January 👍

£1340 apparently? I hope that's accurate. ;)
It should test Nov lows if not and then straight up I think to at least £1,380. 

Civil unrest, $1,200 per house stimulus, world currency devaluation,
& the scamdemic should all be + points for gold price!!
At least you would think so wouldn't you??. 

Or is all the attention on a digital currency that will most likely be worthless in 10 years? ;)

Wednesday should see a turn around in not only gold prices but also stocks in general I think (complete guess mind you). 

Untitled.png

Edited by Stacktastic

3 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Should prices be moving at all over the weekend?

No Steven, not until sunday night when the asian markets open. :)
I think its 11pm. correct me if im wrong?? 

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gold-price/price-of-gold/

This is one reason a lot more gets sold over the weekend on here as the spot is stable. 
That and people are not working. 

Edited by Stacktastic

Nice analysis from this guy (minus the umms). Only got 38 views, 
I love videos like this as you can find 'golden' advice. 

Maybe not 100 spot on, but its interesting, especially if you are in mining. 

Edited by Stacktastic

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/brits-pile-money-gold-bars-23346173

Brits pile money into gold bars over lockdown as demand from Millennials leaps

Over Christmas sales of gold bars surged as Brits fed up with terrible savings rates opted to put their money into something shiny instead

The Royal Mint said sales of gold have rocketed compared with last year

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

55 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Wow what happened this afternoon down to 1,342 then shoots up to 1,369!

1,375 is the price to see as it might go to the upside. 

It did not hit 1340, which is a very good sign as that was the level I was looking for. 
That dip was just the Comex opening. Manipulation / sales so i don't pay any attention to that. 
It a good time to buy stocks though 😛

Also depends what happens today with the Biden thing. 
Janet Yellen did a speech about the stimulus yesterday, thats helps in some way. 

gold.png

Edited by Stacktastic

17 hours ago, Drawga said:

I always seem to use the BBP chart aswell, got Kitco on my phone, but prefer BBP chart.

Anyway did the price shoot up because of Biden? (cue The Imperial March Star Wars theme... by the looks of WDC)

Its a lot to do with the Dollar, inflation & bonds and stuff (I dont pretend to understand this).

Janet Yellen did a stimulus speech. money printing = further devaluation of the dollar & also increase inflation. 
Bitcoin is not looking great if you ask me. Savvy investors are extracting profits & buying safer assets. 
Looking at the charts gold usually does this around now & starts to rally Feb, so its also market driven, especially with industrial metals. 

A president gets let in with 20,000 troops deployed - thats is very suspicious if you ask me & makes the future worrisome!
Especially as the mainstream media are talking about a civil war & civil unrest is possibly being encouraged. 

I have looked at a lot of videos this morning & EVERY analyst is literally creaming themselves - saying there will be a huge upside coming. And the potential of an S&P crash. 
I knew that anyway as the fundamentals have not changed, but I have to say i got a little shaken Monday and pulled out a 30% to reinvest if it plummeted, with little loss. 

I have one question, why are there so many sales of gold on this forum this week as its not dropped through any major levels??
Surely there is not much profit at the moment? I have personally sold some gold and platinum, but only to buy mining stocks as the upside is better. 

Because more people are buying or panic selling or another reason?? VAT and brexit on silver for example. Im confused? ;)

Edited by Stacktastic

It’s been a funny old day for both gold and silver.  

I have read two “market outlook” reports over the last two days.  One public, one internal both by banks.  Both predict that we are at the start of a secular bull in commodities....we shall see. 

Not my circus, not my monkeys

1 hour ago, dicker said:

It’s been a funny old day for both gold and silver.  

There has been a war between the institutional hedge fund shorters and a group of civilian investors on Redit. 

They started with normal stocks yesterday like AMC & Nokia then moved onto silver.
Its fabulous as all the trading apps shut down and also exposed whats going on. 

They lost a lot of money yesterday, but got it back today as certain stocks were banned from being bought. 

Edited by Stacktastic

6 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

I cannot imagine gold going any cheaper than that in this era of Biden public spending, ailing world economy, dollar weakness and Robinhood vigilantism. 

Yeah You would think so wouldn't you.
I have a feeling there will be a surprise explosion. Its just too quiet, especially for gold. 
Price explosion;)

Its below the resistance I think now. Glad I got a bit of money out of some of the stock rallies today as they hit green. 

Edited by Stacktastic