• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

22 minutes ago, dicker said:

#dropgold (in GBP / USD in favour of Bitcoin. 

I think gold and silver stackers will have the last laugh tbh. might take a few years though. 

31 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

If the power or internet is down. 

Yea can you imagine it with an EMP strike! ;)

Its apparently quite easy to take down the whole cell network in USA?
No idea where I heard that. 

23 hours ago, Paul said:

Bitcoin now crashing to £1400

Gold starting its sky-rocketing to £25,000oz

(sigh .......... i wish :( )

we can prey!?!?

23 hours ago, Paul said:

if i'd put into bitcoin what i have put into gold, i would be retired and cashed now :( 

ha that's what my retrospectoscope said aswel, damned machine!

On 04/01/2021 at 13:46, Paul said:

Bitcoin now crashing to £1400

Gold starting its sky-rocketing to £25,000oz

(sigh .......... i wish :( )

can i retract this previously optimistic statement of mine from 2 days ago :( 

51 minutes ago, dicker said:

🙂 Buy on the dips

I just spent £2000 on 2 mining stocks and they hit a bit of a resistance. 
Both in the green so far - been 10 mins though. ;)

Im no expert but its a blip i think. 

Edited by Stacktastic

36 minutes ago, Paul said:

Kicking off in America - gold on its way up again 

Apparently storming the capital is only worth a 1% move up in gold and 1% down in spx500

Weird market 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

4 minutes ago, Kman said:

Apparently storming the capital is only worth a 1% move up in gold and 1% down in spx500

Weird market 

Market was placated by Pence's stance - there will be no overturn of the election. Straight flush for Democrats from here on end. 

Next up, Texit? 🤔

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Gold down 1pct at 1395.  Similar in USD.

Fed last night predicted a better growth than expected and a potential ramping down of bond buying. Maybe the dampnet on gold. 

Not my circus, not my monkeys

According to Kitco, gold is down as the market is pricing a better performing US economy i.e. Risk ON

Which doesn't really explain why BTC is up 5.5% today, if as many are saying it is an alternative to gold.

Curiouser and curiouser....

Not my circus, not my monkeys

44 minutes ago, goluckystayhappy said:

Agreed, ready to be slaughtered en masse.

Yes thats what I think. 

I have been astounded at the mining stocks. 

I have bought and sold the same miners 4-5 times this week as they keep hitting my stop losses. 
It looked like Mount everest on open today, but I should make up the losses when it goes back up. 

Considerinthe money printing and riots and stimulus bills what the flip is going on. 
Oh yeah - the digital currency bubble. Flipping great everyone has gone off Gold. ;)

I will be there ready to sell when its back on its highs again. 

Edited by Stacktastic