• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

This video is repeating controlled financial media news - it is better not to watch it. The US quite probably has no gold. Russia isn't exporting to the West but what about the rest of the world? Many Americans have little idea about the rest of the world, so if Russia isn't exporting to the West they think Russia isn't exporting.

Russia and China have massive gold reserves. He says there is no way of knowing how much gold China has. Agreed not exactly but China has been the largest gold producer for years but doesn't export it. When you look at the exports of gold from London/ US to Switzerland and then on to China we can see the West is being drained of gold. Maguire has said China has around 40 000 tonnes. i think this guy wants to believe the US has the most gold. The US will have had more gold than it should have b/c significant amounts have been stolen from the countries the US has invaded. This might go someway to explain where the gold is coming from that leaves the West. It is stolen gold.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

18 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

NO NO NO Wonga says hold strong and wait for a further drop in spot price next week we could easily see £1390 oz 

Wonga say he go down hard.

But seriously steady buying - look out for good deals especially on TSF. You won't catch the bottom but if you try to as sure as Hell you'll miss it. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Can someone please tell me why it seems all precious metals go down when the price of gold goes down. Not that im complaining 

Edited by gji25
text

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

15 hours ago, sixgun said:

This video is repeating controlled financial media news - it is better not to watch it. The US quite probably has no gold. Russia isn't exporting to the West but what about the rest of the world? Many Americans have little idea about the rest of the world, so if Russia isn't exporting to the West they think Russia isn't exporting.

Russia and China have massive gold reserves. He says there is no way of knowing how much gold China has. Agreed not exactly but China has been the largest gold producer for years but doesn't export it. When you look at the exports of gold from London/ US to Switzerland and then on to China we can see the West is being drained of gold. Maguire has said China has around 40 000 tonnes. i think this guy wants to believe the US has the most gold. The US will have had more gold than it should have b/c significant amounts have been stolen from the countries the US has invaded. This might go someway to explain where the gold is coming from that leaves the West. It is stolen gold.

What happened to all that gold iraq had in 2003 ?

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

2 minutes ago, gji25 said:

@James32 bought it all....

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

8 hours ago, gji25 said:

i see claims there were $50 trillion in gold in Iraq. This is clearly nonsense. i see claims there were $20 trillion in gold. This is also nonsense. $50 trillion would be about 1.7 million tonnes of in 2003.  All the gold ever mined is nowhere near that amount and unless Bix Weir is right with the Grand Canyon full of gold, there probably isn't that much gold on the planet.
It is claimed there was 6 tonnes gold which was sent to Kuwait for analysis and then returned to the Iraqi treasury. But they would say that wouldn't they. 
A good delivery bar of gold is 400 oz of gold - 12.5kg. These bars look a bit rough, to me they look bigger than a 400 oz bar. But if we say the bars in the photos weighed 12.5kg, then 6 tonnes would be 480 bars. 
Looks like there are a good deal more that 480 bars.

Did US Steal Gold + Oil From Iraq Worth Trillions Of Dollars?!

2 hours ago, sixgun said:

i see claims there were $50 trillion in gold in Iraq. This is clearly nonsense. i see claims there were $20 trillion in gold. This is also nonsense. $50 trillion would be about 1.7 million tonnes of in 2003.  All the gold ever mined is nowhere near that amount and unless Bix Weir is right with the Grand Canyon full of gold, there probably isn't that much gold on the planet.
It is claimed there was 6 tonnes gold which was sent to Kuwait for analysis and then returned to the Iraqi treasury. But they would say that wouldn't they. 
A good delivery bar of gold is 400 oz of gold - 12.5kg. These bars look a bit rough, to me they look bigger than a 400 oz bar. But if we say the bars in the photos weighed 12.5kg, then 6 tonnes would be 480 bars. 
Looks like there are a good deal more that 480 bars.

Did US Steal Gold + Oil From Iraq Worth Trillions Of Dollars?!

I have already posted this link in a response to you earlier this year but I can post it again: http://anysoldier.com/brian/iraq/92.html.

In that article, finds of gold in two trucks are mentioned, 1000 and 1183 bars in each, value of which is given at around $350 million per find, which based on approximate price at that time $350/oz means bars could have been 1000 oz. That would seem right given that a 400 oz bar size is cca. 27×10×5 cm and these indeed seem bigger. So just based on that article cca. 67 tonnes were discovered by 'Gozy' plus another 2000 bars are refered to in the CNN report. BTW all allegedly returned to the new Iraqi government.

As a side note, a standard truck can carry around 25 tonnes so over 30 tonnes would seem on the upper side of the load (but not impossible).

29 minutes ago, CollectForFun said:

I have already posted this link in a response to you earlier this year but I can post it again: http://anysoldier.com/brian/iraq/92.html.

In that article, finds of gold in two trucks are mentioned, 1000 and 1183 bars in each, value of which is given at around $350 million per find, which based on approximate price at that time $350/oz means bars could have been 1000 oz. That would seem right given that a 400 oz bar size is cca. 27×10×5 cm and these indeed seem bigger. So just based on that article cca. 67 tonnes were discovered by 'Gozy' plus another 2000 bars are refered to in the CNN report. BTW all allegedly returned to the new Iraqi government.

As a side note, a standard truck can carry around 25 tonnes so over 30 tonnes would seem on the upper side of the load (but not impossible).

The story seems to be all over the place. The bars look a bit rough - not standard good delivery looking bars. Too big for 400 oz. i see an article https://themuslimtimes.info/2021/05/27/iraqi-gold-found-by-us-army-what-happened-to-it/ where the bars are said to be 18kg. The bar being held could well be 40cm long and 10 x 10 cm in the other dimensions. That is 0.004 m3 which is 19.2kg. So that seems about right. 
i have a jaundiced view of what happens when the Regime invades a country - they didn't do it b/c of WMD's, they didn't do it b/c Iraq posed a threat, they didn't do it to spread democracy. Over much of history country get invaded to steal what the other guy has.

Edited by sixgun

12 hours ago, gji25 said:

The gold photographed by US troops as they discovered it? Hmm, yes I wonder who took it all...

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

Even if the so-called media had allowed us to know about the gold, it would have been "Saddam's gold" they were liberating from an evil tyrant,
rather than the theft of the economic wealth reserve of a sovereign nation.

6 minutes ago, Earthmetal said:

Even if the so-called media had allowed us to know about the gold, it would have been "Saddam's gold" they were liberating from an evil tyrant,
rather than the theft of the economic wealth reserve of a sovereign nation.

Saddam was just 3rd world dictator, but if you know your history. The USA gave him power in the 1970s as they funded him to lead the coup. The only reason Hussein got invaded because he decided to sell the oil in Euros and not dollars, hence the regime change..... no other reason 

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

7 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Saddam was just 3rd world dictator, but if you know your history. The USA gave him power in the 1970s as they funded him to lead the coup. The only reason Hussein got invaded because he decided to sell the oil in Euros and not dollars, hence the regime change..... no other reason 

No other reason, pah!
What about his Weapons of mass destruction that we made up had evidence of?

Saddam was there to hassle and stop Iran doing stuff. Between them they then proceeded to have a nightmare (for the ordinary people) war that resulted in catastrophic casualties, particularly civilians. Due to the Cold War dictators like him got away literally with murder, whether western backed or Communist backed. 

16 minutes ago, Orpster said:

Might dip under when the fed raises rates this week

Its either going to be 75 or 50 pts this week

46 minutes ago, Orpster said:

Might dip under when the fed raises rates this week

Good point, and there could well be more suc rises to come before inflation drops back, making it a bumpy ride for the price of gold for months to come. And I bought a one ounce gold Britannia last week, only half-way through the recent slide in price. That will absolutely guarantee a further drop.