• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

SILVER DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please use this topic only for sharing deals from different dealers in the UK & Europe.

For discussion please use other topics on the forum OR feel free to create a topic if no topic exists. Please try to keep this deals topic here exclusive for sharing deals :) 

37 minutes ago, StevenDS said:

How is the quality on your Green Dragons? I bought 5 on release and all had scuff marks on the Queen's face and the Dragon's body from friction in the tubes.

I heard it's a common problem on this first release and many were even recalled.

Same for me ... only 1-2 don't have that marks on the Queen's face, I payed 21 euros for each, so I will keep them despide the marks. 

55 minutes ago, StevenDS said:

How is the quality on your Green Dragons? I bought 5 on release and all had scuff marks on the Queen's face and the Dragon's body from friction in the tubes.

I heard it's a common problem on this first release and many were even recalled.

Bullion is synonymous with poorer quality. They quite literally churn them out... ‘Bullion’ is a Numismatic Grade!

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

35 minutes ago, InvestInCoins888 said:

Bullion is synonymous with poorer quality. They quite literally churn them out... ‘Bullion’ is a Numismatic Grade!

Most Bullion grade coins do not have these scuff marks. Look at the Queen's face. Just seems like a production error.

2019 Celestial green dragon front.jpg

2019 Celestial green dragon.jpg

Wish I'd known orientals came in capsules.. in any case can't kick myself about it since they were gone by the time I pulled the trigger 😅

Dragons came in sealed perth mint tube, and I'm fine with that since given the price they'll stay in the stack for the long run. Definitely a dealer to keep our collective eyes on.

21 hours ago, WotNxt said:

Mine also and yes they are a great dealer 🙂

My only criticism would be the ton of glossy coin brochures (in German) included in the package which now I have to carefully dispose of so as not to give anyone a clue that I might have PMs lol.

Use cross shredder. 

On 17/06/2020 at 04:01, Melon said:

Basically it only applies to second hand silver. VAT was already paid on the silver by the original buyer, so you just pay VAT on the profit above the buy price. Makes for good deals when they pop up, but quantities tend to be very limited. At least that's my rudimentary understand! 

Not at all, second hand silver deals will always be limited though by nature. A good deal will sell out quickly 🙂

Thanks.  That's really interesting.  It doesn't make any sense that we pay VAT on silver and not on gold.

cheers

1 hour ago, 47Ag79Au78Pt said:

Thanks.  That's really interesting.  It doesn't make any sense that we pay VAT on silver and not on gold.

cheers

Not from our perspective as we view it for its monetary properties. But the vast majority of silver is used for industrial purposes, unlike gold, so I can see why it’s taxable. Would be nice if it wasn’t though! 

1 minute ago, Melon said:

Not from our perspective as we view it for its monetary properties. But the vast majority of silver is used for industrial purposes, unlike gold, so I can see why it’s taxable. Would be nice if it wasn’t though! 

Riiiiight. That makes sense. I’m learning today👍🏼  I suppose that would also partly explain the difference between the long-term up-and-up price trend of gold Vs. the peaks and troughs silver, platinum and palladium; gold, for the most part is used as a means of concentrating and storing wealth whilst the rest get used in catalytic converters an industrial processes and the like, as you said. 
Anyway, cheers for the info. Really helpful. 

11 minutes ago, Yetiwatch said:

They often say in times of decreased production Gold goes up in value while Silver goes down and then vise versa.

.... apart from now, it seems. I’m new to stacking, and it seems like one helluva stretch to be paying 50-100% over spot, unless there’s a    real collectible value to the item. (eg 24quid for a 1oz Britannia [gross] and spot being 10 quid less.... is there really a tenner’s worth of numismatic value in a regular Brit’??) 

9 minutes ago, 47Ag79Au78Pt said:

.... apart from now, it seems. I’m new to stacking, and it seems like one helluva stretch to be paying 50-100% over spot, unless there’s a    real collectible value to the item. (eg 24quid for a 1oz Britannia [gross] and spot being 10 quid less.... is there really a tenner’s worth of numismatic value in a regular Brit’??) 

The same can be said if any investment. Why are people paying £25k for a Daytona, stainless steel no less, that costs £10k from the Authorised dealer? ... it is all about what people are willing to pay, and in the belief that silver is being bought up left right and centre... yes it’s being minded still... but look at loo roll! And paper I think is easier to get than silver... so will be high for a while yet maybe? ;) 

15 hours ago, 47Ag79Au78Pt said:

Considering the amount of posts here in the £17 range recently, I wouldn't think £24 is a viable price at all. 

On 20/06/2020 at 23:10, 47Ag79Au78Pt said:

I'm new as well but if you do a bit of searching, a lot of the European sites are selling close to £20 (+p&p). Still seems quite high but you've got to start somewhere I suppose!

2 minutes ago, silveralex said:

I'm new as well but if you do a bit of searching, a lot of the European sites are selling close to £20 (+p&p). Still seems quite high but you've got to start somewhere I suppose!

If you watch the trade section here you’ll see mint condition coins beat those prices. Worth an upgrade of membership fees for sure!

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

5 minutes ago, silveralex said:

You'll get better prices on the forum if you're looking for silver.

If you're looking to buy now get a premium membership and keep watching.

41 minutes ago, InvestInCoins888 said:

If you watch the trade section here you’ll see mint condition coins beat those prices. Worth an upgrade of membership fees for sure!

38 minutes ago, silverdocket said:

You'll get better prices on the forum if you're looking for silver.

If you're looking to buy now get a premium membership and keep watching.

Thanks for the advice! Do you have to be patient and act quickly to take advantage of these better prices on premium or are they quite regular? As a (new) non paying member I generally see prices on trade around £20-£23 which it seems people tend to pay.

7 minutes ago, silveralex said:

Thanks for the advice! Do you have to be patient and act quickly to take advantage of these better prices on premium or are they quite regular? As a (new) non paying member I generally see prices on trade around £20-£23 which it seems people tend to pay.

You can pick up the Britannia's other generic silver for around £19.

Usually something once a day but you won't get to see it for 3 days if you don't have premium membership and that stage it's gone. Sometimes it's advertised and sold within seconds.

If you're spending over £100 it's well worth the basic membership for a month to see does it work for you.

You won't be waiting weeks/months for your coins unlike Europe. 

29 minutes ago, silveralex said:

Once a day, for sure. Tube of Britannia’s up no at £19 an Oz. Yesterday some silver was up for £18 something an Oz... 

Many thanks, Elliot

3 hours ago, silverdocket said:

You can pick up the Britannia's other generic silver for around £19.

Usually something once a day but you won't get to see it for 3 days if you don't have premium membership and that stage it's gone. Sometimes it's advertised and sold within seconds.

If you're spending over £100 it's well worth the basic membership for a month to see does it work for you.

You won't be waiting weeks/months for your coins unlike Europe. 

No brainer if you want to buy PM. You know that the sellers are good & the coins have been looked after. I have not had one problem with over 7-8 transactions in the last 2 weeks, but only bought from people that have a lot of good feedback. 

Edited by Stacktastic

1 minute ago, Witcher said:

I have a lot of good feedback. Unfortunately, that's on Ebay and not on here as I am still considered new. :)

Depends on what clan your with Witcher! we don't take kindly to Bears here lol