• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

SILVER DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please use this topic only for sharing deals from different dealers in the UK & Europe.

For discussion please use other topics on the forum OR feel free to create a topic if no topic exists. Please try to keep this deals topic here exclusive for sharing deals :) 

• Founder & Administrator
14 minutes ago, Hakeem said:

Ebay or fB forums 

The Silver Forum also has it’s own trade section. You may also wish to post a welcome topic in the welcome new members section as @5huggy has mentioned above.  

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Found this auction site tonight, lots of coins and bars

Lot 169 looks familiar!

Nice to see that my stuff has been separated from the un-hallmarked silver too. Shows the hallmarks doing their job!

Screenshot_20200629-001258.thumb.png.1d5e58b108cc87673147080f70b995a5.png

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

30 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Found this auction site tonight, lots of coins and bars

Lot 169 looks familiar!

Nice to see that my stuff has been separated from the un-hallmarked silver too. Shows the hallmarks doing their job!

Screenshot_20200629-001258.thumb.png.1d5e58b108cc87673147080f70b995a5.png

Guide price is too low! Even with their 18% audition fee and 3% online fee it’s below spot.

Do auction houses deliberately undervalue items to strike up interest? 

5 minutes ago, WotNxt said:

I can't work out how to bid online on that website!  I can only conclude that online bidding is only opened when the auction starts.  Will they send me a reminder now that I have set up a login?  (Rhetorical question only lol)

Set a reminder on your phone! Or perhaps, best to phone to confirm.  

On 26/06/2020 at 08:54, Emanuel said:

use EUR and pay with revolut :) Thank me later

Thanks for this advice. I'm new and trying to figure out the best way to get the cheapest silver.

This one comment, just made my overly complicated excel spreadsheet look lots better!

I don't have revolut. But have a Halifax Clarity Creditcard, they have zero loading on foriegn spending and use the bank exchange rate in currency, so i'm guessing should be the same thing...  

4 hours ago, shineythings said:

Thanks for this advice. I'm new and trying to figure out the best way to get the cheapest silver.

This one comment, just made my overly complicated excel spreadsheet look lots better!

I don't have revolut. But have a Halifax Clarity Creditcard, they have zero loading on foriegn spending and use the bank exchange rate in currency, so i'm guessing should be the same thing...  

Nooo... Traditional banks usually have different exchange rates than the fintechs. right now, 1 gbp is 1.09 euro, and that is exactly what revolut offers. Your bank may offer only 1.08 to 1.05.
Better make sure of their exchange rate before doing any conversion/purchase.

4 minutes ago, dga00 said:

Nooo... Traditional banks usually have different exchange rates than the fintechs. right now, 1 gbp is 1.09 euro, and that is exactly what revolut offers. Your bank may offer only 1.08 to 1.05.

TransferWise accounts are useful too 🤫 only charge a small percentage and dead easy to use

6 hours ago, shineythings said:

Use Transferwise mate. It is easy and totally legit. Just link your debit card.

I have had a clarity card for years which is great for holidays but i wouldn't use it for large foreign currency transactions.

21 minutes ago, freefall said:

I have had a clarity card for years which is great for holidays but i wouldn't use it for large foreign currency transactions.

Thanks, I'll take a look into TransferWise.

Still looking for good deals..!

On 27/06/2020 at 15:13, dga00 said:

Seems pretty good, i haven't bought from them before though, how reputable are they? unless the sale continues until after july 5th, the price doesn't really matter. 
image.thumb.png.3005a29ec73fdb0824c4bc72c7e7bdc4.png

Edited by kalfax

On 29/06/2020 at 01:59, SilverMaple said:

Set a reminder on your phone! Or perhaps, best to phone to confirm.  

So I phoned them up and apparently that auction was last Saturday 😔  next auction in a couple weeks time. Most expensive silver lot sold for around 1k, smaller lots around 400/500 mark. Man oh man, someone got a deal or five.

On 29/06/2020 at 10:43, shineythings said:

On 29/06/2020 at 14:58, dga00 said:

On 29/06/2020 at 16:48, freefall said:

Halifax Clarity card that @shinythings mentioned uses the perfect exchange rate with no fees. I used one to pay thousands of Euro's to the Irish mint a few weeks ago, no issues at all. Plus it's free and allows for cash withdrawals at the perfect exchange rate which is very useful abroad.

Of course as with all credit cards, make sure you pay it off to avoid incurring high interest rates! 

Edited by Melon

18 minutes ago, Melon said:

"the perfect exchange rate"

What is the perfect exchange rate? I'd preferably like 1000 Euro for every £1 i exchange 😅 

I've got no preference as to who to exchange with these days, i just check all the provider's and choose which ever cost's less. 

78av.gif

5 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

What is the perfect exchange rate? I'd preferably like 1000 Euro for every £1 i exchange 😅 

I've got no preference as to who to exchange with these days, i just check all the provider's and choose which ever cost's less. 

As in no fees or amendments to the exchange rate are applied, just the exact exchange rate at the point of the transaction. 

You won't find it cheaper than that, else the provider would literally be paying you to use their service! Halifax make their money on people that don't repay in full and incur interest charges. 

Hi all,

I went through this thread and compared the coin and shipping prices between all of them. It was a fun afternoon...

Annoyingly, two of the best (cheapest) won't deliver to the UK. I think the member that originally mentioned them is based in Belgium, which they are happy to ship to.

https://edelmetalle.granvalora.de/     - Cheap ASE's. Contacted customer service, who were helpful. But no UK deliveries?!?!

https://www.heubach-edelmetalle.de/  - About the cheapest ASE, Maples and Philharmonic. Site says UK is good, registtration say no. Contacted them and the response i got back was literally laughable "I´m very sorry, just EU, sorry Sir"

I know there are other sites like EM and S2G. But those two who seem very popular in this group, don't seem to have anything comparable ATM.

Do any of you guys use any other dealers or sites that do ship to the UK (which is still part of the EU i beleive!)

Thanks again!

4 minutes ago, shineythings said:

Hi all,

I went through this thread and compared the coin and shipping prices between all of them. It was a fun afternoon...

Annoyingly, two of the best (cheapest) won't deliver to the UK. I think the member that originally mentioned them is based in Belgium, which they are happy to ship to.

https://edelmetalle.granvalora.de/     - Cheap ASE's. Contacted customer service, who were helpful. But no UK deliveries?!?!

https://www.heubach-edelmetalle.de/  - About the cheapest ASE, Maples and Philharmonic. Site says UK is good, registtration say no. Contacted them and the response i got back was literally laughable "I´m very sorry, just EU, sorry Sir"

I know there are other sites like EM and S2G. But those two who seem very popular in this group, don't seem to have anything comparable ATM.

Do any of you guys use any other dealers or sites that do ship to the UK (which is still part of the EU i beleive!)

Thanks again!

These Germans appear to think Brexit has happened already, because they do deliver to Ireland.

21 minutes ago, WotNxt said:

Brexit has happened, we are just in the transition period where the rules remain the same for 1 year.

I have bought Britannias  from this site before, the best they seem to have at the moment pricewise is these:

https://goldsilver.be/en/1-oz-30-gr/270-1-oz-silver-kangaroo-2020.html

but they are closed until 6th July.

So "the rules being the same for a year" would make you think it should'nt be an issue for them to sell and send coins to the UK?

Wondering if its just them or all German dealers are doing the same. I know post Brexit it will be different, but now business as usual, no?!

1 hour ago, shineythings said:

Hi all,

Thanks again!

There are some good gold deals on that second link.