• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

16 hours ago, SeatonKev said:

With Tavex I request an invoice at checkout, that is emailed to me within minutes and I then pay it by bank transfer. Seems to work OK. 

Same for me, absolutely the best way to check out on Tavex, very smooth 👍

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

5 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

I've got to try Tavex too. I will for my next purchase. I want to buy an old sovereign, like a George V. Hopefully they have some nice quality ones in stock.

They are not quite so competitive on the old stuff I find, but looking at their current price list they do a single George V for £367 +delivery

image.png.3e6051fcef6b3c0003ef2615ab2a8640.png

half decent price break if you order 3

Edited by Orpster

On 01/08/2022 at 21:30, SeatonKev said:

With Tavex I request an invoice at checkout, that is emailed to me within minutes and I then pay it by bank transfer. Seems to work OK. 

Ive done this on 2 occasions, and it works a treat. Even got a call from them after the money had gone through which is very reassuring..

4 hours ago, Orpster said:

This is a guy I have bought from quite a few times, found him very reliable :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1364553803652738/posts/5413153798792698

He also has some half sovereigns he has not posted on Facebook yet.  For those not in the group:

image.thumb.png.5efed2ead0d1b55e38ccb5969f92feb3.png

He is on the forum @Sh97if if you want to contact him

I have also bought from him through that facebook group, great seller.

2 minutes ago, Ukbullionfan said:

Been there done that last week.

Did you pay any import duties or hidden fees? How long did delivery take? I'm sure people would be interested to know.

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

1 minute ago, jackflash123 said:

Did you pay any import duties or hidden fees? How long did delivery take? I'm sure people would be interested to know.

Paid just over £400 and no I live in the England so no problems like with anyone that lives in the England lol. They had about 40 left or so on the day I purchased it. The discount/sale whatever you want to call it will be up indefinitely until they have sold the remainder I was told.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/08/2022 at 14:11, jackflash123 said:

Same for me, absolutely the best way to check out on Tavex, very smooth 👍

Hey Jackie, I saw the prices on Tavex and they can be very competitive. My only concern was that I saw that import duties are not included. Does this mean that you would have to pay ID on top? I'm a little confused.

15 minutes ago, Mightymogs said:

Hey Jackie, I saw the prices on Tavex and they can be very competitive. My only concern was that I saw that import duties are not included. Does this mean that you would have to pay ID on top? I'm a little confused.

Hey @Mightymogs buddy,

If you're referring to the prices on the UK Tavex website then there will NOT be any import duty as they’re UK based. VAT is payable on new silver items. Some secondhand or should I say pre-loved silver is sold on a special scheme without VAT or with reduced VAT. 

2 hours ago, jackflash123 said:

Hey @Mightymogs buddy,

If you're referring to the prices on the UK Tavex website then there will NOT be any import duty as they’re UK based. VAT is payable on new silver items. Some secondhand or should I say pre-loved silver is sold on a special scheme without VAT or with reduced VAT. 

Many thanks for the clarification ☺️

2 minutes ago, Mightymogs said:

Many thanks for the clarification ☺️

You're welcome buddy 👍

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Tn21 said:

I think its reasonable @modofantasma but im no expert on the proof side either. Any experts on the proof coins want to give their verdict on the price?

I’d say it has shot up a bit since her Majesty’s death.

They were selling for £400-£410 previously from what I saw.