• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

15 hours ago, NGMD said:

IMG_1195.jpeg

Do schools even use these anymore?

17 hours ago, ReeceO said:

Tell you what, I'm normally far too tight for proofs but these two half's were bang on the money. More than happy with these.

20240328_202414.jpg

20240328_202619.jpg

Beautiful years! 2002 one of my favourites! 🙂

16 hours ago, bobski said:

I really need to pick myself up a 2002 at some point. Lovely

Worth every penny fella. Great design imo and less copper finish then the newer special date years.

1 hour ago, Xander said:

Received today from @ArgentSmith Great condition—more for the collection. Big thanks.

IMG_E7284[1].JPG

IMG_E7288[1].JPG

Ooof these are nice and shiny!

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

23 minutes ago, Petra said:

Just been in to town …. local pawnshop deal(s), both cheaper than on here!😮😮🤔

IMG_0554.jpeg

IMG_0556.jpeg

Very nice haul!

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

1 minute ago, Charliemouse said:

Bit of a James Bond week.  Both 1980s and 1990s turned up this week.

2024 Six Decades of 007 - 1980's - Silver 2oz and Gold 1/4oz proofs

Octopussy's Acrostar Microjet - actually a real flying jet aircraft.

These two coins turned out to be spotless.  Although, as shown in the previous microscope photos, the gold 1/4 has a 'wire edge' or 'wire rim' (terms vary) apparently caused when the gold is forced around the edge during the strike.

image.thumb.png.a2d88c3761db53a60a94c5bf070f7322.png

20240326-153507-2024-03-2615-50-10(BR4S4).thumb.png.3f4944b96986237dea69745d0e9722df.png

I know someone selling a lovely bar you might be interested in...

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

2 hours ago, Petra said:

Just been in to town …. local pawnshop deal(s), both cheaper than on here!😮😮🤔

IMG_0554.jpeg

IMG_0556.jpeg

Lovely, I like the 2012 half 🌞

Coins are not only a store of value but a store of beauty.

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. (Joseph Campbell).

2 minutes ago, Dankanugget said:

Thanks do bargains come up often on there..? I'm guessing yes

Don't have it personally, but from what I hear it can be fortuitous and a minefield in equal measure. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip