• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

1891 Morgan silver dollar - CC Mint. My first Carson City Morgan, not the best looking Mrgan I have - but nice to see the CC checked off my list ... 

CC Morgans only minted in 13 years, from 1878 to 1893   At around 1.6 million mintage, the 1891 CC is in the middle of the pack - not the commonest or the rarest year. 

So far I keep all my Morgans as they are - but maybe I should pop them all into 38mm direct Airtites?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Lindeman

1 hour ago, Lindeman said:

1891 Morgan silver dollar - CC Mint. My first Carson City Morgan, not the best looking Mrgan I have - but nice to see the CC checked off my list ... 

CC Morgans only minted in 13 years, from 1878 to 1893   At around 1.6 million mintage, the 1891 CC is in the middle of the pack - not the commonest or the rarest year. 

So far I keep all my Morgans as they are - but maybe I should pop them all into 38mm direct Airtites?

I do:)

Although the mintage was 1.6m there's a good chance that a fair few were melted after the 1918 Pitman Act. Meaning it's not that common these days, even though some bags were paid out from the mint in the 40's and 50's so there are a fair sprinkling of mint-state coins.

Yours is the so called "Spitting Eagle" variety but don't get too excited, it's the most common type:D

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

6 hours ago, HelpingHands said:

I'm sure Lindeman will be pleased to know that there are further variations to collect.

Oh yes I am indeed! Still about 5 years to bag to start with - including the 1895, which will have me spitting feathers - never mind the eagle! Not many of those around for less than £100. 

Ok - airtites will be deployed soon guys   ?

1 hour ago, Numistacker said:

The sign of an unhealthy obsession...

I'm surprised you don't have a nice case to display them, all though I'm sure one wouldn't come cheap

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I'm surprised you don't have a nice case to display them, all though I'm sure one wouldn't come cheap

I am not sure anyone makes one but I keep them safe and re use things around me a923f853a0e294c5aea68947279dad23.jpg

5229fcea086dc27a22b2daf70fa36922.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, PureGold said:

Just picked up my 1/4 oz Gold QB from MoreZone I now have two the new one is on the right. Thanks once again morezone it was great to meet you!!

mmmm;)

"This offer is solely for those who do not already own one of these coin." :ph34r:

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

2 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

mmmm;)

"This offer is solely for those who do not already own one of these coin." :ph34r:

Except that his was not from those listed for sale but was a pre-order along with a few other forum members. :)