• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

1 minute ago, Agaupl said:

I’m not risking taking it out of the capsule so it wouldn’t ruin the feel in that sense. I think it would look good in resin. I’ve thought about vacuum packing it too. Anything to keep it bright. It’s very humid here also so will be interesting to see what happens. 

You could vac seal it with a couple of silicone sachets?

Or use a quadrum intercept capsule?

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

12 minutes ago, bobski said:

You could vac seal it with a couple of silicone sachets?

Or use a quadrum intercept capsule?

Just whether the plastic vac sealing bag has any issues. It’s food safe though so you’d hope it’s be ok. 

Aaaahhh😉

2 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

Just whether the plastic vac sealing bag has any issues. It’s food safe though so you’d hope it’s be ok. 

That's a fair concern. I think you'd be alright. Like you said, food safe and BPA free must be fine surely?

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

4 hours ago, Agaupl said:

I’m not risking taking it out of the capsule so it wouldn’t ruin the feel in that sense. I think it would look good in resin. I’ve thought about vacuum packing it too. Anything to keep it bright. It’s very humid here also so will be interesting to see what happens. 

The material in black ring caps contains an oxygen scavenger, so it might well stay bright if you kept it in one of those.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

4 hours ago, Agaupl said:

If it's got any PVC in it, then the plasticiser could leach and corrode the coin.  This was a common problem with older coin flips. q.v. Verdigris.

https://www.google.com/search?q=verdigris+coins&tbm=isch&sa=X&biw=1177&bih=1311&dpr=1.1

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

6 hours ago, Agaupl said:

Some bits I’ve been waiting a few months on. My first copper proof, is quite stunning. How long it will stay shiny is another matter but it’s well worth it. 

the memorial 50p is one of my favourites, first time I’ve seen it in person. pity it’s not .999. 

IMG_9704.jpeg

IMG_9706.jpeg

IMG_9703.jpeg

I love that the copper matches the colour of the actual Terracotta Army 🟠

A coin is not only a store of value but a store of beauty.

Amor Vincit Omnia.

14 minutes ago, Petra said:

The copper one not really my thing, however, looks really nice🤔

My first and probably only as I just liked the design and was a good price. You should see the obverse.🥰

just know it will tone quickly and maybe loose alot in the design. 

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

21 minutes ago, ReeceO said:

Bargain find from Facebook has just arrived! Mint sealed tube of 20 2013 brits. First year of the 999 silver coin, 10 years old and in better nick than 90% of what the mint kick out today 😆

20230703_135253.jpg

20230703_135257.jpg

20230703_135321.jpg

Received my 2 tubes today as well and completely agree. Absolutely spanking condition 👍🏼

19 minutes ago, JamesH said:

Received my 2 tubes today as well and completely agree. Absolutely spanking condition 👍🏼

Wish I bought 2 or more now 😂 best condition bullion coins I've seen for awhile 

39 minutes ago, ReeceO said:

Bargain find from Facebook has just arrived! Mint sealed tube of 20 2013 brits. First year of the 999 silver coin, 10 years old and in better nick than 90% of what the mint kick out today 😆

Was that from Marketplace or a group?  I've been too worried about fakes to even consider buying PM's on FB so far lol. 

6 minutes ago, Minted said:

Was that from Marketplace or a group?  I've been too worried about fakes to even consider buying PM's on FB so far lol. 

From a group bud, there are a couple of pages on there that are run properly and have very reputable people who sell. I'm pretty sure a few of them are on here aswell 

19 hours ago, Fishface220 said:

Took a while to arrive.... Ordered from BBP on launch day with no flaff and at £358 (which I still believe was a mis-price!!)

Happy with that! 

4ED30868-D7CE-4C51-864A-9B345CAA1E0C.jpeg

Yes I believe you are correct, someone got the 5 and 8 mixed up from what I could see so instead of 385 the sold a few at 358

2 minutes ago, Dankanugget said:

Is anyone thinking of buying the new 1oz gold coronation limited coin? 
will it be a good move to have a few?
d

I've bought a couple, it can't not do well at that mintage honestly. Everyone seems to hate charles right now but as soon as he croaks everyone will want his coins 🤷‍♂️ it'll at the very least maintain its current premium

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

7 minutes ago, Upsidedown said:

I've bought a couple, it can't not do well at that mintage honestly. Everyone seems to hate charles right now but as soon as he croaks everyone will want his coins 🤷‍♂️ it'll at the very least maintain its current premium

They're selling very slowly. I was expecting them to sell out on day one!

1 minute ago, paulmerton said:

They're selling very slowly. I was expecting them to sell out on day one!

Yep, it'll be a different picture when he dies, as I said. He's like a million years old so you won't have to hold for a lifetime to see a return (of which degree its hard to say) unless ofcourse you're also a million years old

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

13 minutes ago, Dankanugget said:

Is anyone thinking of buying the new 1oz gold coronation limited coin? 
will it be a good move to have a few?
d

It s a 1 Oz gold coin. At 1657 (Atkinson) has a 9% premium. But...there are only 7500 of them which is agood number in terms of scarcity.Surely they ll hold their premium, but like with everything else, people will wanted always...always, after is gone. In that respect I bought 1, just to say, yes...I've got it.

4 minutes ago, Cassius said:

It s a 1 Oz gold coin. At 1657 (Atkinson) has a 9% premium. But...there are only 7500 of them which is agood number in terms of scarcity.Surely they ll hold their premium, but like with everything else, people will wanted always...always, after is gone. In that respect I bought 1, just to say, yes...I've got it.

Agree with you.

The same was with 2021 Gold Royal Arms 1 oz Bullion Coin, mintage 5000. Ignored at beginning, having a decent premium on re-sale now.