• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

I'm not sure they'd up the grade after already giving it a grade, the only reason i say that is because i don't think it would have got a 65 with all the spotting and IMO it has come from being slabbed for the amount of time it has been, but good luck

As soon as NCS get to conserve it then it will be regraded. The graders won't know about the previous 65 at all so it will be graded on it's merits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure they'd up the grade after already giving it a grade, the only reason i say that is because i don't think it would have got a 65 with all the spotting and IMO it has come from being slabbed for the amount of time it has been, but good luck

As soon as NCS get to conserve it then it will be regraded. The graders won't know about the previous 65 at all so it will be graded on it's merits.

Look to be a lot of field marks in that last photo[emoji20]

Yes but NCS may be able to remove them? Not as many case rubbing marks as I thought so overall not in bad condition.

9 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

Yes but NCS may be able to remove them? Not as many case rubbing marks as I thought so overall not in bad condition.

I was referring to what look like nicks and scratches rather than the stains which they will be able to remove. If they can remove the mechanical marks, I think it will be a miracle.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

I was referring to what look like nicks and scratches rather than the stains which they will be able to remove. If they can remove the mechanical marks, I think it will be a miracle.

We will see what happens. These predate capsules and there is often rubbing from case velour. This got a 65 when it was reviewed before and it had the same marks

We will see what happens. These predate capsules and there is often rubbing from case velour. This got a 65 when it was reviewed before and it had the same marks

Put a little effort into the accompanying video so I hope you guys like it

27 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

Will be very interesting to see how it looks after going the NGC conservation process 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

14 hours ago, Numistacker said:

Nice video, the coin looks a lot better than in the pics you posted previously.

Hope the conservation goes well, it would be good to see it restored to it's former glory.

Your question; was it a good buy? That depends on how much you paid for it;)

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Hope the conservation goes well, it would be good to see it restored to it's former glory.

Your question; was it a good buy? That depends on how much you paid for it[emoji6]

That's a very interesting question. I am not sure it was a great buy. It sold in 2014 for $705 at Heritage. I bought it on a bin/best offer for $800 reduced from $995. I got 1% off topcasback. It will cost me $50 to conserve it. So not really cheap but 30% cheaper than any other ms65 I could find.

Your question; was it a good buy? That depends on how much you paid for it[emoji6]

That's a very interesting question. I am not sure it was a great buy. It sold in 2014 for $705 at Heritage. I bought it on a bin/best offer for $800 reduced from $995. I got 1% off topcasback. It will cost me $50 to conserve it. So not really cheap but 30% cheaper than any other ms65 I could find.

A tiny very rare California fractional arrived today. It's not the best example but there are 60 of these estimated to exist.

It's a BG-405

4317a5e7985efb080f12fbf9426dfb1d.jpg
d030f242f398ae346ba62dfd706937b8.jpg

A half dollar from San Francisco in 1855

A tiny very rare California fractional arrived today. It's not the best example but there are 60 of these estimated to exist.

It's a BG-405

4317a5e7985efb080f12fbf9426dfb1d.jpg
d030f242f398ae346ba62dfd706937b8.jpg

A half dollar from San Francisco in 1855