• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What's next for silver?

What's next for silver?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. £19 Oz now... which will we see first?

• £20.01 per oz
    • £17.99 per oz

1 minute ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Silver is gaining mind given the inflation figures......

image.png.4f60649650013e7c2f518a2b8b087ed6.png

Go away, mate, don't be silly!

We are talking seriously on here, we are doing predictions and you are coming with your fooking mystery charts downloaded years ago from internet!

@Paul was right and I will follow his scientific predictions!

8 minutes ago, stefffana said:

Go away, mate, don't be silly!

We are talking seriously on here, we are doing predictions and you are coming with your fooking mystery charts downloaded years ago from internet!

@Paul was right and I will follow his scientific predictions!

So you being the king of lead, as what you flog and spray what your expert bert opinion then?

go to the leady monitoring thread mate.....

giphy.gif 

giphy.gif 

giphy.gif 

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Gold bugs... can you remind us how only Gold keeps protects against inflation when it cant even keep up with Silver 😂

Edited by ArgentSmith

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

My money is on it testing the resistance circa $22 & bouncing around in that channel before going lower?? 
Im getting ready to sell some silver stocks if it gets there.

If it goes higher great, win win really as a big move up usually follows a decent pull back
& I will by that left right a centre any day of the week. 

Does anyone know what is causing this? Maybe money movements from other sectors?
There is a lot of tax loss selling at the moment & it is a friday & silver is a safe place to stash a few million. 

slv.png

Edited by Stacktastic

11 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

And if you can do that all in a gif it would be much appreciated.

Like this?

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

21 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Does anyone know what is causing this?

China are finally opening up their economy and Silver is a useful commodity, thats my story and i'm sticking to it.

28 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

My money is on it testing the resistance circa $22 & bouncing around in that channel before going lower?? 
Im getting ready to sell some silver stocks if it gets there.

If it goes higher great, win win really as a big move up usually follows a decent pull back
& I will by that left right a centre any day of the week. 

Does anyone know what is causing this? Maybe money movements from other sectors?
There is a lot of tax loss selling at the moment & it is a friday & silver is a safe place to stash a few million. 

slv.png

Fed inflation figures today and sentiment that the Fed position is going to be more dovish on the next rate hike... 

Gold prices pared gains on Friday as the dollar and bond yields ticked higher after slightly hotter-than-expected U.S. inflation data fanned concerns that the Federal Reserve might stick with its aggressive monetary policy tightening.

Spot gold GOLD was up 0.3% at $1,795.39 per ounce, as of 1540 GMT, after rising as much as 0.8% earlier in the session. U.S. gold futures GOLD edged up 0.1% to $1,803.80.

"We are seeing a little bit of sell off here because the numbers did come out hotter-than-expected," said Bob Haberkron, senior market strategist at RJO Futures.

"Basically, the thinking is that the Fed with a number like what we just saw would probably still continue along the path of a 75-basis-point rate hike next week."

Following the data, the dollar DXY rose 0.2%, making gold more expensive for other currency holders, while yields on 10-year Treasury notes US10Y also gained.

Market participants are pricing in a 93% chance for a 50-basis-point rate hike by the Fed at its final meeting of 2022 scheduled on Dec. 13-14. (FEDWATCH)

Focus now shifts to the U.S. Consumer Price Index data due on Dec. 13 for more clues on the Fed rate-hike path.

How long this positive sentiment towards gold lasts will be highly dependent on how much the U.S. central bank increases its benchmark rate by and the rhetoric of Fed Chair Jerome Powell in the press conference following its decision, Kinesis Money analyst Rupert Rowling said in a note.

"If the tone remains dovish then gold can continue to gain but a commitment to the bank's hawkish stance could send the price tumbling again."

Rate hikes to fight soaring inflation raise the opportunity cost of holding zero-yield bullion.

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

42 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

Gold bugs... can you remind us how only Gold keeps protects against inflation when it cant even keep up with Silver 😂

last time i looked to buy a single oz of physical silver is around £30-£33, so a £11-£14 premium per oz = lots of % over spot

to buy a sovereign your paying over around 5-8% over spot = a lot less % over spot than silver    

10 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Rate hikes to fight soaring inflation raise the opportunity cost of holding zero-yield bullion.

But what opportunities in the US? cant be be talking stocks or real estate not domestic anyway

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

last time i looked to buy a single oz of physical silver is around £30-£33, so a £11-£14 premium per oz = lots of % over spot

there are active sales on this forum with physical silver at smaller % over spot than a current year sovereign, but I get what you mean premiums on silver are generally higher but that swings both ways when you buy and sell right?

Edited by ArgentSmith

2 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Fed inflation figures today and sentiment that the Fed position is going to be more dovish on the next rate hike... 

Gold prices pared gains on Friday as the dollar and bond yields ticked higher after slightly hotter-than-expected U.S. inflation data fanned concerns that the Federal Reserve might stick with its aggressive monetary policy tightening.

Spot gold GOLD was up 0.3% at $1,795.39 per ounce, as of 1540 GMT, after rising as much as 0.8% earlier in the session. U.S. gold futures GOLD edged up 0.1% to $1,803.80.

"We are seeing a little bit of sell off here because the numbers did come out hotter-than-expected," said Bob Haberkron, senior market strategist at RJO Futures.

"Basically, the thinking is that the Fed with a number like what we just saw would probably still continue along the path of a 75-basis-point rate hike next week."

Following the data, the dollar DXY rose 0.2%, making gold more expensive for other currency holders, while yields on 10-year Treasury notes US10Y also gained.

Market participants are pricing in a 93% chance for a 50-basis-point rate hike by the Fed at its final meeting of 2022 scheduled on Dec. 13-14. (FEDWATCH)

Focus now shifts to the U.S. Consumer Price Index data due on Dec. 13 for more clues on the Fed rate-hike path.

How long this positive sentiment towards gold lasts will be highly dependent on how much the U.S. central bank increases its benchmark rate by and the rhetoric of Fed Chair Jerome Powell in the press conference following its decision, Kinesis Money analyst Rupert Rowling said in a note.

"If the tone remains dovish then gold can continue to gain but a commitment to the bank's hawkish stance could send the price tumbling again."

Interesting - it's a pleasure to not only watch it all but to some extent understand this historic time. :) 

2 hours ago, ArgentSmith said:

China are finally opening up their economy and Silver is a useful commodity, thats my story and i'm sticking to it.

Good choice as they could have a bit social unrest issue on thier hands other wise. 
What were they thinking welding people in to thier houses for the whole world to watch!!
Especially as a ton of people have awoken to the reality that all is not well even in the west!!

my RCON (chinese oil stock) I have been holding for ages jumped 10% today, so thats fabulous. :) 
im finally getting rid of my dogs. 

Edited by Stacktastic