• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What's next for silver?

What's next for silver?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. £19 Oz now... which will we see first?

• £20.01 per oz
    • £17.99 per oz

Does anyone think there is going to be less demand for silver in the coming years? Some talk about a recession coming and even some talk about depression. At work (manufacturing) we have been lucky to have a full week since COVID mainly due to supply shortage but with the potential of less money floating about maybe it will head downwards. I am still holding out for £15 per Oz 

We nearly hit £15 per Oz twice in the last 6 months. 

Edited by Bigmarc
Responding to smiley face thingy

1 minute ago, Bigmarc said:

Does anyone think there is going to be less demand for silver in the coming years? Some talk about a recession coming and even some talk about depression. At work (manufacturing) we have been lucky to have a full week since COVID mainly due to supply shortage but with the potential of less money floating about maybe it will head downwards. I am still holding out for £15 per Oz 

Nope. Considering there's already shortage. I doubt that very much. IMHO.

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

35 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Nope. Considering there's already shortage. I doubt that very much. IMHO.

I am kind of on the same lines. A shortage should force the price up. What got me thinking was 2 years into the great depression silver bottomed out, about 1931 I think but this didn't happen to gold. 

4 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

I am kind of on the same lines. A shortage should force the price up. What got me thinking was 2 years into the great depression silver bottomed out, about 1931 I think but this didn't happen to gold. 

The difference is there werent paper markets heavily manipulating the price, silver WAS cheap then. it was a real time price, but now the real price is a lie.

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

1 hour ago, Bigmarc said:

Fun Fact: Western economies no longer as important on demand side. Look East.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

10 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I can see lots of people dumping silver if it hit £25-£26 oz. 

Supply and demand. 
Yeah Im betting a lot of people have bought in around then in 2020 & are waiting to sell. ;) 
I am. 

Im probably going to start selling some at £30 & especially around £50, but not £25.  😛 
I do honestly think we will see some real silver squeezes at some point -
2021 was childs play IMO - but shows its still possible after the hunt brothers idea. 
If it breaks out and makes higher lows then I really think £50 is easily doable. The macro for is undeniable. 
Mike Malony will be every so more smug than he is now. 😛 

Edited by Stacktastic

I genuinely hope silver  beaks out for you guys, I'll be rich too, I've been watching videos and advice from "experts" for the 20 years saying silver is a true accounting of wealth, and it will take off next month   I'm not out to up-set, troll, or what ever you kids call it today asking sound question based on logic,  but how long do you tell someone to hold it before calling time 25,  40 years?  Factor in inflation into this and you really can't blaming anyone asking is silver really an investment especially as it performs worse than having  cash in the bank,  even from the  day of decimalisation cash has out performed silver and most silver stackers are programmed to have a dislike for fiat......very strange.   

I'm not out to stomp on anyones dreams and hopes here, so if anyone can give me some advice how much silver to buy in 2023 and how much more richer it will make me I'm all ears.

3 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

, so if anyone can give me some advice how much silver to buy in 2023 and how much more richer it will make me I'm all ears

Probably going to have to wait till the end of 2022 to answer that one. I think silver is currently in the lead 14% for this year and about 9% for gold. Few weeks left so anything can change. Personally I am waiting for a big dump when/if recession is called and I will bellyflop in. I will sell half again at around 20% gain. 

7 hours ago, AgCoyote said:

The moon.Not sure why anyone would sell silver for paper money that's inherently worthless. I can understand trading in silver for a car or a house but the fiat currency, no way. Invest in the miners for the fiat gains.

Sitting on cash is not a bad idea at the moment (assuming the banking system stays boyant).
Perfect time coming up to deploy it if TSHF & real assets go on sale over the next year or two. 
I wold love to buy a commercial property like a car park or something like that, but I am poor. 

Personally im planning to transition a bit of it into crypto.
or other potential tangibles & maybe some stock? :) 

Not much but some items I have expecially some of my coins as I prefer KG bars now. 

Edited by Stacktastic

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, GoldCobra said:

£19.93 will it do the £20.01 I think it will lol

nut I do think in a recession big industry that uses silver would produce less and we may see a drop again 

let’s see

Difficult call. Waiting for everything from the everything bubble to deflate however Silver being somewhat of an industrial metal may not go down so much if at all what with China coming out of lockdowns. I don't think people realise just how much the World has changed in the last 10 years Western economies not the be all and end all anymore.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024