• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Proof Britannia Royal Mint Release

Hi

Just a question..why do so many people on here dislike the coin...I have my opinions...didnt buy it myself as I got the notification from the RM 4 hours after release 'Typical' 😒 I saw its still available to order so seems its not a great release!

Just curious on people's opinions on why you don't think it's a winner?

1 minute ago, Sharron said:

Hi

Just a question..why do so many people on here dislike the coin...I have my opinions...didnt buy it myself as I got the notification from the RM 4 hours after release 'Typical' 😒 I saw its still available to order so seems its not a great release!

Just curious on people's opinions on why you don't think it's a winner?

That could be said and was said for lots of previous releases. Give it time and everyone will be chasing them. I am undecided whether to order a 1oz BUNC or the proof, only a little difference in price.

25 minutes ago, Bill289 said:

I got the 2022 Britannia I really like the wavey design 

16467748777026484672275728769905.jpg

Now I'm confused.  How many 2022 Britannias are there?  Looks like this one plus the one released this morning.  Are there 2 Britannias?

Just now, JeffM said:

Now I'm confused.  How many 2022 Britannias are there?  Looks like this one plus the one released this morning.  Are there 2 Britannias?

I think this is the Bullion one mate 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

9 hours ago, JeffM said:

There are three versions - the bullion version and the two proof varieties released yesterday.

Thanks, Zhorro (and others) for straightening this out for me.  I find it unbelievable that there are three different versions with the same coin.  If they have different designs, shouldn't they have different names to avoid confusion?  Any way for the RM to keep pumping out coins and making all that money, I guess.

On 08/03/2022 at 15:29, Bill289 said:

I got the 2022 Britannia I really like the wavey design 

16467748777026484672275728769905.jpg

This is a nice picture of the bullion Britannia.  I too like that wavy anti-counterfeiting background.  The coin looks great and made me really want one.....so I ended up ordering just one for my collection.  I usually don't buy the bullion versions, but this is a different coin and I think it looks quite good.

Just got my bullion Britannia.  It's a very nice coin indeed.  I like it so much that I ended up ordering four more.  Even though it's BU, I like the different finishes on it where it almost looks like a reverse proof.

I personally quite like it and aim to add it to my Britannia 1/4 gold proof collection once they're out in the secondary market and lost their initial £670 issue price.

I think it'll drift down to the £450 - £525 mark just as the 2020 and 2021 which had R.M. issue prices of £650 as I recall. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Some  Britannia 2022 Silver Proof coins are again available on the Royal Mint website... 1oz, 1oz reverse frost, 2oz (both regular and Britannia through the ages).

Best,

F

58 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

This reminds me, they still have my 2 coin reverse set just sat in open orders. It's been over two months now since i ordered...

Yep, me too

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

• 1 month later...