• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Time to drag the Royal Mint's business model in to this century?

Bit late to this, maybe stating the obvious (for some), for us mere mortals that spend little with the Royal Mint and have to pay postage most of the time, it’s actually cheaper quite often to go to a dealer. The mint obviously is not doing to badly, not really sure what the issues are here?

5 hours ago, BarryWoods said:

No - I got the coin, ripped of by dealer and they had misrepresented themselves and their relationship with Proof and bullion suppliers -

- but I have made that very clear - who are you anonymous person on the internet - do you have a vested interest? 

You made your own decision.... yawn

5 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

One of my all-time favourite comedians.......Hoping to lighten the mood a bit

So many, could learn so much from prophet Carlin, he just got better and better the older he got.  The ten years since he passed, what he would have to say about this work we now have to interact with would be comedy gold 

6 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

That's the most sensible thing you've said in this entire thread!

😎

6 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

It says: 

• of a description of coin that is normally sold at a price that does not exceed 180 per cent of the open market value of the gold contained in the coin.

so this coin is NOT investment gold, which confirms it is not 'bullion' and spot price is not relevant, because RRP does not vary for Proof coins. 

(a) Wrong again

(b) Tautology

(c) Logical non sequitur.

Q1: Did you get charged VAT on it?

Q2: Does the RM or anyone else charge VAT on them?

If the answer to either of these questions is "no", it is because HMRC classify it as "Investment Gold".

😎

Chards

2 hours ago, BarryWoods said:

Wow - Lawrence you put that in writing - in public - on a social media forum, criticizing and mocking the Royal Mint.

And confirmed that you have no direct relationship with the RM, the point of my post

So when I buy from you any Gothic Crowns for example have gone through a few middle men? Who bought them first from the RM 

- and you mocked the ethics of the Royal Mint........ in public........

Who do you buy your Gothic Crowns from Lawrence?  I imagine RM 'might' will like to find out 😉 

Quote: "Also, the Royal Mint do not have a direct trading relationship with @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer, because they currently don't meet our ethical standards."

I will be sure to let the Royal Mint know about what you think of the Royal Mint in the morning (with screenshots)

The Royal Mint's  Chief Marketing Officer is  Caroline Webb

https://www.royalmint.com/aboutus/people/executive-management-team/

- I will send her an email in the morning.

I'm sure she will be fascinated with your thought - mocking the RM brand and ethics in  a public social media forum

I wonder if she will decide to investigate how you get Gothic Crowns for sale, and put a stop to it.

I would, in her shoes..

You would appear to have made a very silly business decision with that comment..!

Chards being silly - wow.JPG

Chief Marketing Officer.JPG

The butthurt is so strong with this one. Its only the internet Barry, Barry the marketing whizz that cannot spell.

4 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I have been trying to put my finger on who you remind me of Barry

Screenshot_20220208-220537_Chrome.thumb.jpg.23eda4a44e541b489fa5793055c2d814.jpg

In all seriousness get your money back if you can, and move on.

There isn't really much you are going to gain apart from that.

Viz ! that's a blast from the past 

20 minutes ago, Paul said:

So many, could learn so much from prophet Carlin, he just got better and better the older he got.  The ten years since he passed, what he would have to say about this work we now have to interact with would be comedy gold 

Thanks, I had never heard him, or of him, but excellent!

Chards

2 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Thanks, I had never heard him, or of him, but excellent!

Enjoy a day off with you feet up tomorrow Lawrence  :) 

https://www.youtube.com/c/GeorgeCarlinHBO/playlists

{Thank me later} - he wasn't just a comedian, he's a a poet, visionary,  actor, a protagonist, a modern Mark Twain and very like Nostradamus in his musings in his act, way before, the chit show of society we live & experience today 

25 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

That's the most sensible thing you've said in this entire thread!

😎

(a) Wrong again

(b) Tautology

(c) Logical non sequitur.

Q1: Did you get charged VAT on it?

Q2: Does the RM or anyone else charge VAT on them?

If the answer to either of these questions is "no", it is because HMRC classify it as "Investment Gold".

😎

If you are selling a 2 oz gold Proof coin significantly above the 2 oz gold RRP at the mint is it not "investment gold"? as over the 180% ratio?

So a customers ring you up. I missed out getting a 2 oz Gothic Crown on the RM website, (on the day of the launch.)

Your price is significantly above the price on the Royal Mint website.

and they ask:

Why is that higher?

Don't the Royal Mint get there retailers to at RRP? (as they would likely assume only authorized retailers would get the product, on the day of the launch?

What do you say to them?

Just curious now?

3 hours ago, BarryWoods said:

Well if that happens.... I guess people can draw own conclusion - I've been pretty factual

- and Chards seem to have just made a silly business decision with that comment - mocking RM's ethics, in public...!

Nothing I have not communicated to them directly, since 2000 at least.

I do rather object to your wanton use of the word "mocking", as I was simply stating facts.

If you care to read some of the information pages I have written, especially on our heritage websites. I am happy to provide links in case you can't find them.

If the RM consider anything I have published about them to be defamatory, they are welcome to try and sue me.

If you think anything I have said about them, or anyone else for that matter, is defamatory, you are welcome to explain how and why you have reached that opinion, but please make your case clearly and accurately.

Chards

3 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Nothing I have not communicated to them directly, since 2000 at least.

I do rather object to your wanton use of the word "mocking", as I was simply stating facts.

If you care to read some of the information pages I have written, especially on our heritage websites. I am happy to provide links in case you can't find them.

If the RM consider anything I have published about them to be defamatory, they are welcome to try and sue me.

If you think anything I have said about them, or anyone else for that matter, is defamatory, you are welcome to explain how and why you have reached that opinion, but please make your case clearly and accurately.

Touché 

3 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

If you are selling a 2 oz gold Proof coin significantly above the 2 oz gold RRP at the mint is it not "investment gold"? as over the 180% ratio?

So a customers ring you up. I missed out getting a 2 oz Gothic Crown on the RM website, (on the day of the launch.)

Your price is significantly above the price on the Royal Mint website.

and they ask:

Why is that higher?

Don't the Royal Mint get there retailers to at RRP? (as they would likely assume only authorized retailers would get the product, on the day of the launch?

What do you say to them?

Just curious now?

As I posted a few days ago in this thread:

Which you do not appear to understand.

also...

You still appear not to understand what constitutes or defines "Investment Gold".

I have tried to give you a few clues, and at least one link, but to understand, you will need to engage your brain.

It is a large organ, in most people it is located within the cranium / head.

😎

Chards