• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Time to sell?

Johny

11 hours ago, Johny said:

Last year I bought ten 1 ounce gold bars and they've lost 3k in value already, I'm not clued up on trading , buying and selling or understand how markets works I just read and watch others and try make a decision

Lately I'm seeing a few people on other platforms talk about a massive crash and if you're up to date with the plan for a great reset by Klaus analschwaab then you'll know the elite plan is to bankrupt us all because their motto makes it's obvious thats their agenda 

I'm interested in what people think on here , iv heard 1 guy say in his yt video that gold silver and crypto is going to crash hard and that's when he'll buy more, I'm thinking of selling the gold and holding on to the cash to buy back in at a lower price. 

Do you think it's going to drop or raise in price ?

My 2 ct Investing and holding PM, Art, Crypto etc will make unexperienced people nervous.  Specially when browsing the internet for info on their investment. The first thing you will find are horror-stories. 

My suggestion: Read up on PM's. Do some research and create a tactic that works for you. Then stick to it and trust yourself. 

Edited by Jvw

11 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

I doubt you will do that though, as I suspect you really want a get rich quick investment

You are so wrong actually, couldn't be further from the truth 

When I bought both gold and crypto it was so I didn't spend the money and had it to fall back on when I needed to, was for my children like a savings account especially the gold I expected to cash out at the price I paid not get rich from it 

Moderator said can't talk about other stuff but my last mention on crypto, never did i expect it to go up so much in a year, again wasn't bought to get rich quick was a little savings to fall back on for the kids 

The problem with any investment, especially for someone like me with a non trading background is knowing who to believe I'm sure many have that problem even if knowledgeable, nobody can predict the future 

Thank you for all replies though I'm taking everything on board, I was going to buy shares last year but felt it was too risky as I don't fully understand how it works

I'm presuming we'd all like to be rich but it's not a priority for me I'm happy getting back my initial investment I don't want to lose out and if I make money great but a loss isn't good 

And what's there to spend money on when more lockdowns are on the way at some point not like we'll be going on holidays or driving freely in our new sports cars, carbon tax will take the enjoyment out of that 😉🙈

11 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

I doubt you will do that though, as I suspect you really want a get rich quick investment

When I bought both gold and crypto it was so I didn't spend the money and had it to fall back on when I needed to, was for my children like a savings account especially the gold I expected to cash out at the price I paid not get rich from it 

Moderator said can't talk about other stuff but my last mention on crypto, never did i expect it to go up so much in a year, again wasn't bought to get rich quick was a little savings to fall back on for the kids 

The problem with any investment, especially for someone like me with a non trading background is knowing who to believe I'm sure many have that problem even if knowledgeable, nobody can predict the future 

Thank you for all replies though I'm taking everything on board, I was going to buy shares last year but felt it was too risky as I don't fully understand how it works

I'm presuming we'd all like to be rich but it's not a priority for me I'm happy getting back my initial investment I don't want to lose out and if I make money great but a loss isn't good 

And what's there to spend money on when more lockdowns are on the way at some point not like we'll be going on holidays or driving freely in our new sports cars, carbon tax will take the enjoyment out of that 😉🙈

9 hours ago, Johny said:

Good luck with whatever you decide and let us know how you get on. There are a few of us here that have liquidated some of our PM's to buy the crypto dip and it is always best to have options. Some of your were replys seem a little harsh in my opinion, take what you want from it as "experience". If you decide to sell some then that's the next big learning curve and maybe beneficial to see the whole process through. To be honest it's rather refreshing to hear about potential losses on here as a matter of balance instead of the usual mantra of long term hold with no clue what the future holds. 

On 10/10/2021 at 17:42, Johny said:

Last year I bought ten 1 ounce gold bars and they've lost 3k in value already, I'm not clued up on trading , buying and selling or understand how markets works I just read and watch others and try make a decision

Lately I'm seeing a few people on other platforms talk about a massive crash and if you're up to date with the plan for a great reset by Klaus analschwaab then you'll know the elite plan is to bankrupt us all because their motto makes it's obvious thats their agenda 

I'm interested in what people think on here , iv heard 1 guy say in his yt video that gold silver and crypto is going to crash hard and that's when he'll buy more, I'm thinking of selling the gold and holding on to the cash to buy back in at a lower price. 

Do you think it's going to drop or raise in price ?

Haven't read all the replies so sorry if someone has already said this but keep them for a good few more years and you have alot more chance of getting your money back plus a bit more. Better than holding in to cash imo

I would definitely keep them. I too bought a couple ounces at £1500! But I just continued stacking and cost averaging down now its barley a blip on the cost sheet!

With the world going the way it is, I just can't see it being a bad idea to hold on to gold. Price goes up = buy gold. Price goes down = buy more.

Edited by Richiesilver

15 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

Good luck with whatever you decide and let us know how you get on. There are a few of us here that have liquidated some of our PM's to buy the crypto dip and it is always best to have options. Some of your were replys seem a little harsh in my opinion, take what you want from it as "experience". If you decide to sell some then that's the next big learning curve and maybe beneficial to see the whole process through. To be honest it's rather refreshing to hear about potential losses on here as a matter of balance instead of the usual mantra of long term hold with no clue what the future holds. 

Sorry I didn't mean to sound harsh in my replies not my intention at all, I'd never ask for advise then be purposely rude to someone giving it 

Yes maybe I'm reading and watching too many horror stories of a massive crash and losses so I'm panicking 

Last year in December I had a serious accident left me in a wheelchair for 6 months I lost my job and now can't walk properly which affects my line of work so I'm currently unemployed. Not easy finding a new job doing something you have no clue about

Im not mentioning this for sympathy think I'm trying to explain where my fear of losing money comes from, the gold and bitcoin is for my children to try help them when they need it. Now I'm out of work I'm living off savings but once they go  not sure what's next, hopefully not breaking in to my investments 

Im leaning towards selling 5 of the bars and keeping 5, the money from the 5 I'm going to think hard and learn where to invest it wisely. Thanks for all replies 

4 hours ago, Johny said:

Sorry I didn't mean to sound harsh in my replies not my intention at all, I'd never ask for advise then be purposely rude to someone giving it 

Should read my messages before sending them. It was ment to say the replies you had received. 

On 12/10/2021 at 15:34, Bigmarc said:

Should read my messages before sending them. It was ment to say the replies you had received. 

Ah ok, I did question myself as to what I'd said wrong  😁

On 12/10/2021 at 09:31, Johny said:

Yes maybe I'm reading and watching too many horror stories of a massive crash and losses so I'm panicking 

Last year in December I had a serious accident left me in a wheelchair for 6 months I lost my job and now can't walk properly which affects my line of work so I'm currently unemployed. Not easy finding a new job doing something you have no clue about

Im not mentioning this for sympathy think I'm trying to explain where my fear of losing money comes from, the gold and bitcoin is for my children to try help them when they need it. Now I'm out of work I'm living off savings but once they go  not sure what's next, hopefully not breaking in to my investments 

Im leaning towards selling 5 of the bars and keeping 5, the money from the 5 I'm going to think hard and learn where to invest it wisely. Thanks for all replies 

Hi

Sorry to hear about your circumstances. 

I obviously don’t know your full circumstances however you may be eligible to get  PIP, personal independence payment. I believe it is around £400 a month and is not means tested. May assist in your current situation if not already aware/ interested. 

Stu

Edited by Stu

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

17 hours ago, noddycoder said:

It's a horrible feeling to lose 3K, a significant % or your initial investment. But if you're clued up on the WEF and their game plan, now fully in play, then you will know something of what our future holds. And in that future huge amounts of global wealth will be rushing out of stock/bond/FX markets to safety. Won't take much of that to push the tiny Au/Ag physical markets a lot higher.

"Build back Better", "You will own nothing and be happy", "The 4th Industrial Revolution" are conspiracy facts, not theories.

So relax, think in terms of ounces, not current value.

ed. sp.

UPDATE: just read your more recent post mentioning your car accident and current difficult circumstances, and my "So relax..." advice was inadvertently flippant. Sorry for your situation, I can now better understand why there's an element of anxiety regarding making the most of your investment capital. If you do decide to hang on to the bars, maybe liquidate them on a needs basis as opposed to all at the same time. Best wishes to you and your family.

Good to see someone else taking the threat from WEF seriously unless I'm reading that wrong ?

I'm thinking of letting 5 bars go and using that money to invest in more crypto although I understand the risk with that 

Do you personally think we're going to see a massive decrease in gold value before it raises again over time ? 

11 hours ago, Stu said:

Hi

Sorry to hear about your circumstances. 

I obviously don’t know your full circumstances however you may be eligible to get  PIP, personal independence payment. I believe it is around £400 a month and is not means tested. May assist in your current situation if not already aware/ interested. 

Stu

I'm currently in Croatia for another month then on to Egypt till Christmas so pip is not something iv put much thought into while I'm not in the UK, hopefully something will come along at the right time and get me back in to work 🙏

7 hours ago, noddycoder said:

The WEF are in control, using the scamdemic and climate emergency hoax to enact their "Great Reset", and "6uild 6ack 6etter" toward a "New World Order". There's no stopping it.

NINTCHDBPICT000621270102.jpg?strip=all&q

I have no idea where the gold price is going short to medium term. Best of luck in whatever you decide.

Definitely on the same page and thanks I hope I make the right choices regarding the gold 

Agree with everything Dicker said.  The only thing I will add to his comments is this…

Everyone who is buying gold should ask themselves this question: “Why are you buying gold?”  If you can’t answer this question, then you will not get a satisfactory outcome or expectation.  To quote Jon Nader, he said: “If you buy gold for the right reason, there is no such thing as the wrong time or the wrong price.” 

So what you believe in will dictate your response to the above question I posed.  If you can answer that question with clarity and conviction, your choice on whether to hold or sell will become crystalized.  

Edited by SilverStorm

I have not followed this at all closely but suspect that there is only one outcome, which will simply be to raise the debt ceiling.  Governments just cant get out of their borrow and spend habits....

If not, we are 'off to the races' and October will be turbulent. Good for banks (volatility is low at the moment and trading volumes have dropped so they would like a bit more up ' down), bad news for bond and stock holders, and I suspect good for gold.

Looking at the US Debt numbers (again) just makes me more certain that gold is worth holding long term.

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

• 3 weeks later...

Robert Kiyosaki’s prediction of a big crash in October did not happen. The opposite happened, the Dow went up.

It’s good to predict something that you can put in your next book though….”I predicted the big crash three years ago”.

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Everyone circumstances different but I hold a core holding in Gold coins in a popular series I can never see myself selling and hoping it will be past onto my son as part of his inheritance. Other parts Gold stack if the Gold prices broke the all time high in a relatively short time frame I would sell with the intention buying back when the price consolidates or retraces. For years I have looked at the gold price on charts and have tried to predict price movements and made purchase decisions but have only been right less than 35% of the time.

Predictions deflation and a crash in everything including Gold going back to $1,000. If this ever happened I would not be upset my existing stack going down in value instead looking to sell some other assets and buy significantly more Gold.

What have to reminder Gold and Silver it cannot go down to zero. Even the price of oil went into the negative something before it happened was unimaginable. 

Like dicker stated don’t put all your eggs in one basket.

On 10/10/2021 at 19:32, dicker said:

We live in an era of “fake news”, social media “trends”, “influencers” etc.

People actively use conspiracy theories to promote political aims, and I suspect influence market behaviour and make money on social media.

When you are researching what to invest in, it really does pay to do a fact check and listen to “influencers”, “YouTubers” and then FACT CHECK.

The WEF story has, on many times been been proven to be rubbish and an urban myth.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2AP2T0

If you want to be a good investor, stay away from urban myths, heresay, hype and think for yourself.   It’s harder (much harder) than watching a 23 year old on YouTube but may well make you wealthy.  

Best

Dicker

Reuters are owned by Blackrock and Vanguard, who funnily enough have links with the WEF