• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

1 hour ago, BackyardBullion said:

OK, this is really interesting.

I put a few really lowball cheeky offers into ebay for the 2 oz gold, never going to be accepted.

What it has allowed though is when an item sells to see what it actually sold for, very interesting. 

This one that was listed at £10,999 buy it now just sold for £8500

Someone got a great deal there I think. 

interesting.jpg

LOL - idid a cheeky offer of £7200 on that - must have panicked and accepted a higher one of £8500 - short term flipper.

so after showing my sister, my previous great engravers coins and showed her the Gothic crown, she fell in love with the design and decided to do aRoyal Mint account and buy one. I told her what she had to do on release date. * Note: She has only few coins (mostly presents from me) to her collection. So she got in the queue and she had very low number and managed to grab a gold coin 😎 . (Yes thats the first coin she bought from Royal Mint 😭). I guess its newbies luck. Anyways , my question is, will she be offered the next gold coin of the set by the mint? Or does she need to contact them? Or is it offered only to mint marquee members?

27 minutes ago, foinikas said:

so after showing my sister, my previous great engravers coins and showed her the Gothic crown, she fell in love with the design and decided to do aRoyal Mint account and buy one. I told her what she had to do on release date. * Note: She has only few coins (mostly presents from me) to her collection. So she got in the queue and she had very low number and managed to grab a gold coin 😎 . (Yes thats the first coin she bought from Royal Mint 😭). I guess its newbies luck. Anyways , my question is, will she be offered the next gold coin of the set by the mint? Or does she need to contact them? Or is it offered only to mint marquee members?

Spending nearly £5k on the gold. she’s already a silver member, just call the mint and ask about mint marque service. And they’ll call you back. 

6 minutes ago, rlingford said:

I was around 950

I'd say your late Jan too then as I was 1020

4 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

i was 1000 and something 

2oz silver sold out while i was still online 

Yeah me too at 1020

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

3 minutes ago, rlingford said:

Crazy! Hard to believe with 3000+ coins

Not really considering a fair few where able to or 2 each and have had them delivered already

Edited by James32

Just now, magpie79 said:

still in open orders james

money still in bank to, it never gets taken till its dispatched with all my rm orders 

It's strange how they work....

On both the tudor beasts and sovereigns they never took my money until the day before dispatch. 

But on the gothic crown....poof money gone straight away ( but I'm still in open orders) 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

It's strange how they work....

On both the tudor beasts and sovereigns they never took my money until the day before dispatch. 

But on the gothic crown....poof money gone straight away ( but I'm still in open orders) 🤷‍♂️

I’ve been a bit trusting and not followed them up to see if I’ve secured it (it’s on the to do list for Monday)

Sounds like you have one though ! 

4 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

I’ve been a bit trusting and not followed them up to see if I’ve secured it (it’s on the to do list for Monday)

Sounds like you have one though ! 

That's the main lesson I've learned in dealing with the mint....trust!!

1 hour ago, magpie79 said:

You2Toys Fisting-Lubri 200 ml : Amazon.co.uk: Health & Personal Care

@Magpie have you been in my bathroom cupboard again?

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

4 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

Here’s my dad’s coin under 5x magnification (looks pretty minty so will probably send it for grading for him), can anyone see any issues??

I’ve not received mine yet but mines the continuity purchase, saying that, my dads was supposed to be the continuity one also 🤷‍♂️.

Mine’s marked as despatched with a Green tick  but no tracking number so I believe I might receive it in January 🤷‍♂️ (if at all).

We both bought and paid for the single then minutes later saw the continuity option so we both bought that too. My A.M has said in writing that I’ll get both “sides” (portrait to follow) so fingers crossed (not sure about my dad). They’ve took his money x 2 already and my A.M said my single has been cancelled, so I expect his has too.

Right mess!!

Anyway, glad to have one!! They really do look so much better physically. 

4E62C0B7-9D74-4EE0-81B5-A64C5952A799.jpeg

4DF895C8-89C7-4C49-9AA3-A7FCFE5AFDC9.jpeg

Is that a bump right side of the coin outer ring above the L? And look round the lip on the edge of the coin as I tend to find if their dinged that's most likely asto where

Is anyone else in the RM ‘cancellations’ queue?

I was told I was number 19 in the queue and I’d hear from them by Thursday/Friday of this week so I presume their silence is that I haven’t been lucky. 😕

Two hours in a queue for nothing but having said that I’m enjoying seeing all of the photos of those who were lucky.

P.S Can 19 of you send yours back. Asking for a friend. 😆

7 hours ago, ShaolinStacker said:

Between both palms press palms together and turn. Hey at least your capsule wasn't open on arrival. If it looks good I would just send to ngc in capsule and pay 5$ for capsule return.

NGC have never returned anything ive sent them, capsules , COA, packaging around notes etc, despite asking for it and checking the option , it never comes back. Annoying on things like the large 5oz capsules.