• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

6 hours ago, Slam said:

Definitely cute, i noticed 1oz silver proof  prices gone up but mintage gone down by 1000. Assume that is normal practice?

How come especially in view of dropping silver price? I remember in 2 years ago when silver spot was at USD17, the 1oz silver proof was priced at least GBP20 below 105 (please correct me if I'm wrong).  If this is the new norm for RM future release of 1oz proof, i will definitely cut purchase in the future.

8 hours ago, Slam said:

Forget the coin, where's the boxes 🤣. I made a deal with myself after the 2nd coin in series. If they are not supplying the boxes on the 3rd coin I'm cancelling the subscription. 😬

well it did say on the third coin,I had a block on my card so they couldn't take the money lol :)

Not sure i even want this now,As this £105 is going to be worth £55 like the others.

4 hours ago, FlorinCollector said:

Ill need to phone mine hasnt been taken 😕

Mine hasn't either and not too bothered, haven't heard nothing about the boxes so I can wait, not in a rush to give them my money just yet, haha. Especially with the increase of price for both metals. 

3 minutes ago, Gordy said:

Noticed the prices have dropped, whats the crack here then!!!

there was a pricing issue and apparently refunds will be offered, same as the two coin reverse set, back down to what it was originally from 210.00 

Just now, paulmerton said:

That's going to annoy a lot of people!

including me haha, straight on the phone to them

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

I sent them an email about the price because I bought the series of 1oz silver coins and it said £95 per coin.  This is the response I got back.  Glad I only pay £95, but not sure if that means everyone who paid the higher price gets a refund even if it wasn’t part of the the full series order

583E4E03-306C-421D-8FAA-FBEEF10611C2.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

1/4oz just arrived and going straight back, I'm afraid... that's not just dirt in the field, it's like welded on frosting:

yale.thumb.jpg.615d4847421e220d1543c271081317c5.jpg

Ffs it's becoming a theme at this stage.

Those that do get good coins should be instant millionaires, due to rarity 🙃

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

16 hours ago, StackerBritt said:

I sent them an email about the price because I bought the series of 1oz silver coins and it said £95 per coin.  This is the response I got back.  Glad I only pay £95, but not sure if that means everyone who paid the higher price gets a refund even if it wasn’t part of the the full series order

583E4E03-306C-421D-8FAA-FBEEF10611C2.jpeg

Interesting that they say it’s because of the inscription - if they mean the edge lettering, all of the Tudor Beasts have it… 🤔

Ive just come off the phone with RM Customer services, and the guy I spoke to told me it was “because of the increase in silver price, which has now come back down! “What a load of BS - I didn’t notice a huge spike in Silver price on Thursday morning, unless I’m very much mistaken I think it’s human error and no one wants to own up 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

They are aware it’s impacted many people, and he assured me the difference would be credited back to my card within 14 days - this applies to whichever coin(s) you bought, so you’ll get the difference from the original price refunded back to you.

Will  be keeping an eye out for the payment…

Just chatting to customer services about a returns label for the 1/4oz so I also asked about the price discrepancy and the coin case.

While the service rep seemed quite surprised/amused at the price change, she did confirm that refunds will be processed in the next 14 days.

As for the coin case, they've not been told when, but apparently it will be sent out separate of the coins... 

Just paid for my 2oz Proof yale of beaufort - I said to the customer services, just on the phone about the box which they said they were going be sending out with this release, now they are saying they are still being made and will be sent seperate, what are these clowns up to? I am hoping i dont get a bag of turds back, Ive been lucky with my series so far tbf.

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

My Yale has just arrived. I had warmed to the design so quite disappointed with a noticeable ding on the field of the reverse. Given the mess up here with the pricing, the messing around with the display box, I think I'm just going to return this for a refund and cancel my subscription to the series. 

I blows my mind how negligent the RM are with quality control. To buy a proof coin is to expect top quality. And to have proofs with such large and reflective fields as this series does, any slight imperfection sticks out like a sore thumb. 

On the box, I had been looking forward to assembling a collection from scratch myself and having it build up in the box over time. As a collector who is only a couple of years in, this was to be part of the fun for me. But my trust in the mint is not high anymore. I think I'll be sticking to some nice older coins (with the possible exception of the modern sovereign...) while the mint gets its act together. 

5 minutes ago, shaunscoins said:

My Yale has just arrived. I had warmed to the design so quite disappointed with a noticeable ding on the field of the reverse. Given the mess up here with the pricing, the messing around with the display box, I think I'm just going to return this for a refund and cancel my subscription to the series. 

I blows my mind how negligent the RM are with quality control. To buy a proof coin is to expect top quality. And to have proofs with such large and reflective fields as this series does, any slight imperfection sticks out like a sore thumb. 

On the box, I had been looking forward to assembling a collection from scratch myself and having it build up in the box over time. As a collector who is only a couple of years in, this was to be part of the fun for me. But my trust in the mint is not high anymore. I think I'll be sticking to some nice older coins (with the possible exception of the modern sovereign...) while the mint gets its act together. 

What I think would be really interesting is to ask them for refunds on the first two coins as this was supposed to be a series after all. Personally I would be interested to see what they say.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Mine arrived not louped yet but not holding out hope. Thinking about not looking over close and keeping them in display boxes. Cant be disappointed if you don't look

1 minute ago, LiquidMetalsUK said:

Mine arrived today and thankfully I'm 3 for 3 for clean coins 

I did think the box was ment to turn up with the 3rd release though but no joy 

They said this with the 2nd and now with the 3rd i think we aint getting a box

27 minutes ago, shaunscoins said:

Yep they are utterly useless. Wrote twice to the Chief Exec, sent back probably 15 or 16 coins and they still couldnt get the 2oz ounce silvers right so I've cancelled my order for that range. However they still even got that wrong when they tried to charge me £185 for the Yale 2Oz!  Will see what condition the 1/4 oz and reverse set turn up as.

Edited by 272

3 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

Mine arrived not louped yet but not holding out hope. Thinking about not looking over close and keeping them in display boxes. Cant be disappointed if you don't look

They said this with the 2nd and now with the 3rd i think we aint getting a box

Marketing genius... coins are not up to scratch🙈 but we will keep those so and so's on the hook with a not so free box.

Breaking news...box will come with coin 26

I like to buy the pre-dip dip