• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/03/2022 at 14:19, JeffM said:

Not sure about the 2 coin set, but my 2 oz. coin was shipped yesterday.

Hi guys and gals, ref the 2 coin set, as above, I've just received the e mail to say they are on their way.......just a heads up 🤷.

7 hours ago, FFposh said:

Hi guys and gals, ref the 2 coin set, as above, I've just received the e mail to say they are on their way.......just a heads up 🤷.

got my email tonight too, expecting them tomorrow

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

Have you all had delays then? I got my two months ago? But I have a subscription. 
I would hazard a guess that they may well select the best ones as they know subscribers will be more serious on scrutiny also. 

Just bought another lion and panther yesterday - over buying the first ones makes sense like the griffin QB. 
Lovely little 5 years investment going into a major metals price explosion (probably). 

Having said that iA shall cancel my subscription when/if Silver breaks £25-30 an ounce. ;) 

Edited by Stacktastic

I've cancelled my subscription for the silver 2 OZ's yesterday after returning my initial Lion and a replacement due to poor quality. They still haven't resolved the issue with the 4 Panther coins I ordered six months ago. They sent the 2 x 1 Oz' s  off to a third party assessor two months ago which haven't come back and they just keep spamming me with defective replacement 2 Oz's.

The quality control has been atrocious although I've noticed the capsules have also been loose on the last 3-4 coins sent which I think is also part of the problem.  In contrast I've never had an issue with any of the 1/4 Oz golds, which all have foam pad inserts to protect the coin if the capsule does work loose.  

So I'd rather have the money back and buy an extra 2022 bullion sovereign.

Debating whether to send a third and final letter to the Chief Executive...

Edited by 272

5 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

Two-coin set just arrived, packaging perfect, both capsules sealed, but how did this ever pass QC?

lion.thumb.jpg.a65d91edb3c1c671d56a2102c6bfcb36.jpg

Anyone know what the returns process is? Do I just call them up?

Ring them direct and Id mention to them that they have stevie wonder working on the QC.

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

I do love the reverse frosted coin and I do love the overall designs of all the coins released so far, what I'm not a fan of is the quality of them, it's so hit and miss that when it comes to collecting the full series of ten in perfect condition, I'm out. I'm in it for the bullion. As much as I like the proofs I can't do with the quality issues for 5yrs. Beautiful coins and congrats on your "luck". I hope it stays that way for the next 9 releases. 

10 minutes ago, FFposh said:

I think that I got away with this???

Admittedly, no expert on proofs, please comment any flaws and I can inspect.🤞

A bit sad that getting away with it is the reaction😞, on the bright side that reverse frosting is stunning!

PXL_20220409_101901624.jpg

Difficult to tell from a photo but I'd check the rim to the right above the 'N' in 'England'. Looks like you might have a ding or two? I'm assuming the black mark to the left of the Lion's crown is a bit of fluff?

What's everyone's opinion on this grey line? I've started to only use the loupe when I can see something with the naked eye.  There's an obvious spot on my lion proof which probably should have gone back to the Mint but I didn't get around to it 🙈 so i'm trying not to make the same mistake again. TIA

Screenshot_20220409-091223_Gallery.jpg

7 minutes ago, FFposh said:

Just noticed that there is the code within the description ( no's. 501-1000) so maybe not rejects as suggested by @Stacktastic?? Second batch? Or trick to make me think that🤷?

PXL_20220409_103926993.jpg

I've spoken to the Royal Mint a couple of times in issue numbers and be told that they often don't do the whole mintage run in one batch. Hence the delay for some.

Edited by 272

Well I got a spotty reverse proof through. You know the biggest problem? If you want to collect a series it's basically impossible and you are financially buggered if you change your mind!

If you get several coins in to a collection or like the gothic crowns it's a two parter and one of the later pieces is damaged and can't be replaced you are screwed. You can't return the coins that they actually provided in an acceptable condition but the value of them is negatively affected by the mints failure at a later date. 

I started collecting the reverse frosted sets of these as they are cheap considering they are quite limited edition even though I totally swore off mint proofs. 

I'm not even slightly surprised to see my c**p coin and all the others appearing. Well, I suppose they've only had an extra couple of months to mint these... 

13 minutes ago, FFposh said:

Haven't got a loupe but I zoomed in on my phone, looks alright to me thank goodness.

PXL_20220409_110056494.jpg

If you can't see anything that's great as I said difficult to tell I've marked the two in blue plus another two on the left that might be the light just so you know where I was looking. In all the silver Tudor beasts I've sent back rim dings have been most common so I tend hunt for them!

dings.thumb.jpg.3a4ec9139fda83a4066e9e2829907d81.jpg

3 minutes ago, 272 said:

If you can't see anything that's great as I said difficult to tell I've marked the two in blue plus another two on the left that might be the light just so you know where I was looking. In all the silver Tudor beasts I've sent back rim dings have been most common so I tend hunt for them!

Maybe it's because in Germany we are used to get worst coins, than this. But these ain't major marks, or big issues for a return, IMO. Good, if the mint exchange these coins. With a german coin dealer it would be kind of hard, to get any other coin after a return of this coin for quality issues. That's propably, despite the marks on the edge frosting, still a PF70. A 69 for sure. 

30 minutes ago, 272 said:

I don't Iike this level of scrutiny, way beyond my comfort zone and takes any fun out of it. I did manage to get a 7x zoom and got these using your pics as a guide.

Is this a sending back offence??

I think I'm out of proofs going forward, I'm far more comfy with bullion. I don't know why I followed the hype, I have no idea what I'm doing😞😞.

Actually just noticed the pock marks carry on on the bottom picture😩.

PXL_20220409_113616741~2.jpg

PXL_20220409_113728903~2.jpg

Edited by FFposh
Additional info