• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

13 hours ago, garthy said:

I didn't know there was such a thing.

I don't think the RM had them for sale here, I bought the 1/10th last year. I think the quarter may have been for he US market only initially, probably a batch they could not punt.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

I haven't been buying much as I have been busy closing on a buy to let in docklands.. well that is now closed and the tenant will move in at the beginning of May so I can now focus on the hobby a little bit more.

I have been looking for interesting things with some potential and just bought this item in eBay auction.

IMG_2808.JPG

I love coins from this period. I have an 1812 Napoleon I 40 Frank and this got an AU55 when I graded it myself.

This one is 1815 and is a Louis coin.

1987 5 oz Silver Panda Proof. First 5 oz proof of the series with a low mintage and none graded higher by NGC (didn't check PCGS). Verified with the seller prior to purchase that there's no toning, milking or spotting on the coin.  Looks to be a great specimen.  Gonna send it along to @Numistacker for reslabbing in the scratch resistant holder and the panda label.

58fd39c6efaa8__3.thumb.JPG.02378f80aaf8c487696c21a89267bcf1.JPG

58fd3a0a74cc6__3(1).thumb.JPG.d8b0e68f8b790c6b81360b67235cd9ac.JPG

UPDATE: Yup, no PR70s from PCGS either and a total of 348 PF/PR69s between the two TPGs!

Edited by Jester

10 hours ago, Numistacker said:

I haven't been buying much as I have been busy closing on a buy to let in docklands.. well that is now closed and the tenant will move in at the beginning of May so I can now focus on the hobby a little bit more.

I have been looking for interesting things with some potential and just bought this item in eBay auction.

IMG_2808.JPG

I love coins from this period. I have an 1812 Napoleon I 40 Frank and this got an AU55 when I graded it myself.

This one is 1815 and is a Louis coin.

Nice coin, I keep trying to collect one of each type of gold 20F size coin from across Europe as that would cover many designs - I am a long way from this as there are lots from about 1800!