• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Ok here goes...

Tonight's eBay buys and hope I didn't bid against any of you guys.

IMG_2982.PNG
IMG_2983.PNG

1902 matte proof sovereign

IMG_2985.PNG
IMG_2986.PNG

0c7416ca3223935ab8c5024ea87742fb.png

The 20F gold piece was from the same seller as last weeks 1915-A 20F

This one went for 207+postage

Melt is £183 and this costs $30 to grade. Let's consider 1% top cashback and 6x nectar points plus a few Amex points and this was a great deal.

New Perth Mint 2017 Dragon & Phoenix 1 oz Silver High Relief Proof Coin.  Mintage limited to 5,000 coins.  So far, the only dealer I've found carrying this new release is Directcoins.com  A representative at Talisman said at this time they do not anticipate offering this coin.

2017-dragon-phoenix-1oz-silver-high-relief-proof-coin.jpg

2017-dragon-phoenix-1oz-silver-high-relief-proof-coin-shipper.jpg

With these low prices also i putted some extra orders for the following coins: 

- 1 OZ Rwanda Rooster BU 

- 1 OZ Athenian Owl 

- 1 OZ Maple Leaf 25th Anniversary 2013

- 30 gram Silver Panda 2017 BU 

- 1 OZ Niue Panda 2017 BU 

- 1 OZ Maple Leaf Superman 2016 BU 

- 1/2 OZ Lunar Horse 2014 

- 1/2 OZ Lunar Monkey 2016

- 1/2 OZ Lunar Snake 2013

- 1 OZ Lunar Monkey 2016

- 1 OZ Lunar Horse 2014

- 1 OZ Brittania 2017 - 20th Anniversary 

And something i always wanted to have already: 

94106_Slab.jpg

Sanity check please?
Am I mad or going in the right direction?

IMG_3076.JPG

Picked this up PF64CAM

Now only the £5 to go for the set

Sanity check please?

IMG_3076.thumb.JPG.13aa89457f9ea30e5efb702c12f77d4c.JPG

Picked this up PF64CAM

Wrong direction because I want the 1937 set & your making less available ;) I would like 64+ but really would like 65 or 66's.

6 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

Sanity check please?

IMG_3076.JPG

Picked this up PF64CAM

That's exactly what i say to my self sometimes ?

1937 full sov what can go wrong

great pick up !! ?

Wrong direction because I want the 1937 set & your making less available [emoji6] I would like 64+ but really would like 65 or 66's.

Have to start somewhere can always trade up over time. There are some 67's around too

5 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

Have to start somewhere can always trade up over time. There are some 67's around too

Great buy, your coins are starting to make up a serious quality numismatic collection!

As a result they should gain much value over time - the problem will be it will be much more difficult to sell?, just don't look at the full gold and silver proof sets for 1831 and 1839?

Great buy, your coins are starting to make up a serious quality numismatic collection!
As a result they should gain much value over time - the problem will be it will be much more difficult to sell[emoji1], just don't look at the full gold and silver proof sets for 1831 and 1839[emoji6]

I am trying to improve quality without going overboard. The one good thing about this type of coin is that there is a strong international following and prices do keep pace with inflation.

Next stop maybe 1911 proofs...
As a result they should gain much value over time - the problem will be it will be much more difficult to sell[emoji1], just don't look at the full gold and silver proof sets for 1831 and 1839[emoji6]

I am trying to improve quality without going overboard. The one good thing about this type of coin is that there is a strong international following and prices do keep pace with inflation.

Next stop maybe 1911 proofs...

There has been a lot of half-sovereigns, sovereigns and double sovereigns up at auctions recently. There is a 5sov at the next VLNummus auction on 10th June lot 470 - it is only PCGS PF63 DC though?

(also the others if you want a matching set!)

Sanity check please?

[mention=378]Numistacker[/mention] but quite a few rim dings on the REV of this between 7 and 9 o'clock but i'm sure you took that into consideration when buying

Yes there are a couple also a case mark as well I guess that's why it's a 64. There are 20 graded as 65 with PCGS and a few higher graded that fetch $4000+ but i paid $2,800 which is less than the ha.com last auction of the same grade so no bargains really and these coins have become more expensive in the last 4 or 5 years.

Sanity check please?

[mention=378]Numistacker[/mention] but quite a few rim dings on the REV of this between 7 and 9 o'clock but i'm sure you took that into consideration when buying

Yes there are a couple also a case mark as well I guess that's why it's a 64. There are 20 graded as 65 with PCGS and a few higher graded that fetch $4000+ but i paid $2,800 which is less than the ha.com last auction of the same grade so no bargains really and these coins have become more expensive in the last 4 or 5 years.

2 years ago or so you could have got the whole set for around £5k, how much a few years have changed the market for these. Same thing happened with maundy sets not so long ago, they exploded into life and had people scratching their heads

Doubles were £750 in 2007 at ha.com now £2,000+. There seem to be many more people building Sovereign collections now than ever before. 5,000 minted and many of those in very very poor states. It is the only gold George vI coin and so it's a key coin in each sovereign collection.