• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Weird one but it's still silver so hopefully in scope! I like cut half pennies because they are a conversation starter. This one is from ****.

Lol... apparently the censors assume the Danish King of England's name is an anagram of some other word...

2462.jpg

Edited by Whitebulldog

37 minutes ago, Petra said:

Don’t appear to see too many of these at any grade or just as they come …. really nice coin looks great🤔😮🤔🤔

Seems to be quite a few silver coins graded from Australia that are not seen often especially from royal Australian mint. Seems to be more of he Perth mint which is seen this side of the water.

25 minutes ago, Skelator88 said:

Seems to be quite a few silver coins graded from Australia that are not seen often especially from royal Australian mint. Seems to be more of he Perth mint which is seen this side of the water.

Have a few of the RAM kangaroos, much better than the Perth Mint stuff😮😮

1 hour ago, mik said:

Walking past my local H&T Pawnbrokers and saw this 1981 1oz Gold Krugerrand priced for £1775. Checked my phone and spot is at £1920. I walked in and asked the guy if that was the price?

He said "yes £1775, sorry but I can't move on that price" 🤩🤑😂

20240412_174614.thumb.jpg.e9b945d5db350897b5b3a22900017b05.jpg

🤔👍he’ll get it in the neck for that … they’re usually pretty hot on keeping up with spot etc. well done!🤔😮

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Paul said:

Forgive me father, for i have sinned :( 

Today, Ive bought some silver 🤮 (but its posh fancy PF70 silver)

It is very like "gold" to the eye if you are dyslexic, cant read & have no sense of weight 

2012 Gold Plated Silver Proof £5 coin "Diamond Jubilee" NGC PF70 with Case & COA - Picture 1 of 4

2012 Gold Plated Silver Proof £5 coin "Diamond Jubilee" NGC PF70 with Case & COA - Picture 3 of 4 

Could find very few confirmed sales in PF70 one recent sale on FeeBay earlier this month for same price and last previous only sale on CoinCabinet was 2021 at £525 nothing on COTR/BSJ or LondonCoins auctions 

As Ive got the platinum jubilee bits in PF70 its nice to get this - hope Ive not seriously overpaid for not even an oz of the silver shiny :( 

Any thoughts anyone ?

Looks gold to me 😆 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

4 hours ago, CoinBug said:

Of course the Gold Price has dropped today. Yesterday I purchased the largest gold coin I now own - a Quintuple Sovereign.

IMG_2446.thumb.jpeg.ebaa1057022232891127eaf3e199b6e3.jpeg

IMG_2447.thumb.jpeg.cb6187d048e97f71eb6eec79ab3e129f.jpeg

Now I just have to resist the urge to open the packaging 😋

🤔buyers regret🤔 hopefully not… it’s a great coin😮🤔well done

49 minutes ago, Petra said:

🤔buyers regret🤔 hopefully not… it’s a great coin😮🤔well done

To be honest @Petra I wouldn’t mind the price falling a bit further and then I might consider buying a second. Except I don’t think the second coin would remain sealed for too long. There’s just something about gold which makes me want to fondle it. It could replace my Krugerrand as my new pocket piece.

A couple of years ago I had a one ounce Platinum Britannia as a pocket piece, until I dinged it on the marble floor of a bathroom when I forgot it was in my back trouser pocket.

All pocket pieces since are now kept in a little fabric pouch 😌

P.S. I haven’t received this yet which is why I didn’t put it in the “today I received” thread. The photos are of the actual coin provided to me by the seller and it will be in my possession tomorrow.

16 hours ago, Paul said:

Forgive me father, for i have sinned :( 

Today, Ive bought some silver 🤮 (but its posh fancy PF70 silver)

It is very like "gold" to the eye if you are dyslexic, cant read & have no sense of weight 

2012 Gold Plated Silver Proof £5 coin "Diamond Jubilee" NGC PF70 with Case & COA - Picture 1 of 4

2012 Gold Plated Silver Proof £5 coin "Diamond Jubilee" NGC PF70 with Case & COA - Picture 3 of 4 

Could find very few confirmed sales in PF70 one recent sale on FeeBay earlier this month for same price and last previous only sale on CoinCabinet was 2021 at £525 nothing on COTR/BSJ or LondonCoins auctions 

As Ive got the platinum jubilee bits in PF70 its nice to get this - hope Ive not seriously overpaid for not even an oz of the silver shiny :( 

Any thoughts anyone ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/375026879435

Asking £399

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Buying silver gilt during Chelsea week sounds like some subliminal messaging going on! 😄

Must admit, I have a couple of large gold plated silver coins which I'm hoping will resist milk spots and tarnishing better than plain silver would.  (I did only pay silver price for them though.)

It was scrappage scheme day at local coin shop, so took the lot. 

Some nice bits in there, some for the albums, some date fillers until I get better ones etc. 

Some lovely German sweetheart coins in the mix too, not something I'd keep, but the history and work engraving them is nice. 

Anyone speak German? 😅

PXL_20240524_182358184.jpg

PXL_20240524_182136707.jpg

PXL_20240524_182214726.jpg

PXL_20240524_182230946.jpg

PXL_20240524_182420251.jpg

PXL_20240524_182412912.jpg