• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

If silver goes to £28 per ounce like 2011

pyperb

If silver was at those sort of prices,then I would happily sell majority of mine at spot or just below. My average cost is in the £15 - £16 per oz range,so a £10 per oz profit is more than acceptable. 😁 Its the people buying at todays crazy premiums that I worry about,have they thought about when the premiums go back down,what is the spot price going to need to reach before they can even think about getting their money back.

Me personally I'll always keep a base amount of gold and silver regardless of price. 

Precious metals to me is long-term rainy day fund and protection of a bit of wealth. So when he hits the magic number for me I will sell half.

8 hours ago, pyperb said:

If silver goes to £28 per ounce like 2011 that would be great but who is going to buy it off you at high prices like that ? I wonder the higher the price gets for silver the harder it is to sell.

thoughts,

Brian.

People are buying silver on eBay at over £28 per Oz right now, and I'm not talking about premium stuff😁

Edited by Troy77

Please Find me on Instagram  HERE            

8 hours ago, pyperb said:

If silver goes to £28 per ounce like 2011 that would be great but who is going to buy it off you at high prices like that ? I wonder the higher the price gets for silver the harder it is to sell.

thoughts,

Brian.

Lived through 2011 and absolutely no shortage of buyers at all on flea bay, constant outbids.  1oz coins on £40-£50oz buy it now selling no problem at all.

Myself included

Remember when people are looking at silver at £30oz people are thinking it is the next big thing, as it will have gone from £10 to £30 in X amount of time

"JUST LOOK HOW FAR IT HAS GONE UP" they will cry

Just look on here when gold was down £700 oz it was dissolution, moan groan and gripes, "im down" "im not buying its only going lower"

Why were we not backing up the truck then ?

Why are people still buying now at £1400oz ? despite what it has gone up on the past year ? because people are positive the positive trends will always keep going 

Even buying at £40oz of physical silver it was folk saying, get it now because the genies out of the bottle and its only ever going up.

Get it now before it hits £50 and then £75

I bought it to it hook line and stinker :( rather naively i'm afraid.   Hopefully im a bit wiser owl now

But saying that, i wish i had just bought gold from Day1 now, from when i started stacking in hindsight

1.gif

2.png

Edited by Paul

I have set a price for selling my bullion silver. If dealers will pay that price I will sell. Yes, I will be able to sell for higher on that-bay, still you have to put in the time and effort, add that up and it can come in at under min wage.

I sold a lot of silver during the last peak - i was advertising generic 1oz rounds on Ebay at £39 in the 'buy it now' format (previously having bought ASE, Brits etc at £5-£6 each)..

(I was also buying sovereigns at £60, but that's another story)

They were selling within seconds of me listing them - i don't think there will be a problem in shifting silver if the price increases. Most people see a bandwagon and are more than willing to shell out cash to jump on it.

2 hours ago, pyperb said:

excellent points guys, I too wish I started with gold back in 2016 but things change, in a year or 2 gold bugs may be wishing they bought silver

it's never about all in or nothing. the difference is gold bugs have the

option to sell their gold at a profit now and optionally move some of

the funds into silver. it's about strategy and manoeuvrability. it's about

being able to position yourself to better deal with an ever changing

future. silver bugs lost manoeuvrability when buying during the 2015

dip, they just don't recognise it.

HH

6 hours ago, Paul said:

But saying that, i wish i had just bought gold from Day1 now, from when i started stacking in hindsight

@Paul I had mindset 2+ years ago when I got into PM that I wanted to be 50% in Silver and 50% in Gold in hindsight I wish 95% Gold and 5% Silver only collecting the Silver sets that I like rather than stacking Silver.

@pyperb you don't need Silver hit £28 oz to see who you would sell it to and how. Many parts of my stack with added premiums have hit £40 oz (talking about my 2 oz Queens Beast Griffins). With future job uncertainty I wanted to finish off my Queens Beast Gold stack by selling off the majority Silver stack and I started selling 1st week of the UK lock down.

My Silver stack four monster boxes over 2,000 oz Silver.

Seven weeks later after spending £741.03 in postage cost alone, I have an eBay fee £809.54 (April) and have managed to consolidate my Silver stack down to the last 200 oz. Sold eBay / The Silver Forum / Facebook PM groups. I had set a buy it now price and make an offer price on all my items for sale on eBay and set minimum offer price so eBay automatically rejected all offers below certain price. I then contacted all individuals had automatic rejected bids to join the Silver Forum and buy lower price on here and getting new people join Silver Forum a platform to buy from you without any PayPal protection on an unfamiliar website that promotes the notion of trust is not easy by any stretch of the imagination.

I am very grateful good feedback on The Silver Forum helped immensely when joined PM Facebook groups even though new still on these groups people who were more than willing to vouch for me. I don't regret buying Silver but I bought (in hindsight) to much but was fortunate the majority I purchased in 2018 was all under $15 oz. Certain parts stack sold for breakeven or a profit. Overall I have made money in physical Silver and has certainly keep me extremely busy over the last seven weeks and my mind off the bat virus.

The amount of energy, time, efforts and in terms of percentage is higher costs involved when buying/selling Silver than oppose to Gold. Moving forward Silver is trading between gentleman and will collect certain Silver series but Gold is trade between nations and this metal I will stack when prices have corrected.

Edited by Abyss

13 hours ago, sixgun said:

i have heard members ask - if the price of silver goes up to £50 /oz, no-one will buy it - well how did it get to £50 /oz if people didn't buy it?
Bitcoin was a few cents in 2009 - the price of BTC has gone up a few 1000% and people keep buying.
My parents' first house was £1100 - people keep buying houses after they have gone up a few 1000%.
Gold was £325/ oz in the summer of 2007 - it is over £1400 now. 
i see spot silver is £12.74 and silver coins are changing hands for more than 50% more than that.
i'll worry about people not buying silver at £28 when it happens - i don't think it will be worrying when it does.

I will be buying Silver up to the £500 range at the very least.

Edited by joejingojack

Yes Abyss, I am on silver stacking (got some brits from your good self) my stack is 250oz but turning my thoughts to gold now, although every time someone posts silverbrits in the selling forum I am always tempted but must stay focused as I need some gold now, I am also looking at cryptos, if over the next few months I end up with

250 oz silver

5 oz gold

few grand of Bitcoin / altcoins

I think I will be in a good position over these testing times and try build from that foundation as HawkHybrid has suggested

Edited by pyperb

I certainly hope silver returns to £30 per ounce and with full UK VAT unavoidable from next year I cannot wait to start unloading my stack hoping to breakeven on a terrible investment.
This has been a big learning process, following the herd and the wisdom ( let's be honest and call it "c**p" ) primarily coming from the "experts" and professional bullshitters.

Gold has faired much better but I must have the dice loaded against me because I sold a lot last summer and see how the price has risen remarkably since.

With the high gold / silver ratio I see gold falling and silver rising in the future.
Now that information is out in the open the exact opposite will happen.

14 hours ago, sixgun said:

i have heard members ask - if the price of silver goes up to £50 /oz, no-one will buy it - well how did it get to £50 /oz if people didn't buy it?
Bitcoin was a few cents in 2009 - the price of BTC has gone up a few 1000% and people keep buying.
My parents' first house was £1100 - people keep buying houses after they have gone up a few 1000%.
Gold was £325/ oz in the summer of 2007 - it is over £1400 now. 
i see spot silver is £12.74 and silver coins are changing hands for more than 50% more than that.
i'll worry about people not buying silver at £28 when it happens - i don't think it will be worrying when it does.

You guys are Silver stackers and you don't even know how to stack Silver properly, lmao...

However, you create more opportunity for the rest of us or like us (which is a good thing) ☺️

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

I sold a lot last summer and see how the price has risen remarkably since.

Yes i remember you selling all those nice coins - i bought some of them.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

My own opinion for what it’s worth, probably not a lot, is that the price of silver is like a spring being compressed at both ends, from below by fundamentals and from above by those with a vested interest in keeping the price low. It would only take the vested interests to loose the plot and the Silver price would go rather higher than people expect.

On 14/05/2020 at 14:07, Pete said:

I certainly hope silver returns to £30 per ounce and with full UK VAT unavoidable from next year I cannot wait to start unloading my stack hoping to breakeven on a terrible investment.
This has been a big learning process, following the herd and the wisdom ( let's be honest and call it "c**p" ) primarily coming from the "experts" and professional bullshitters.

Gold has faired much better but I must have the dice loaded against me because I sold a lot last summer and see how the price has risen remarkably since.

With the high gold / silver ratio I see gold falling and silver rising in the future.
Now that information is out in the open the exact opposite will happen.

Don't be fooled by Gold's performance.

This is just temporarily.