• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

If silver goes to £28 per ounce like 2011

pyperb

6 hours ago, Goldhooked said:

JPM have a billion ounces?

1 billion ounces is 28349 tonnes.

According to this website the world silver reserve is 29665 tonnes...

http://demonocracy.info/infographics/world/silver/silver.html

So you’re saying JPM hold most of the worlds silver reserves?

How big is this vault?!

I found this picture (not 100% sure if it's accurate...). I got it here: http://demonocracy.info/infographics/world/silver/silver.html

image.thumb.png.97eabc4fe795689732e66ae5f2f05b21.png

Edited by Tommmmy555

Late to the chat here but I just wanted to make one point. 

When people ask "if X gets to Y price, who the hell would buy that", they are fundementally misunderstanding how the markets work.

If silver gets to £30, it gets there because people ARE buying at that price. The price of anything in a marketis dictated by the last sale price. 

Of course its never that simple with PMs and the manipulated spot market and the disconnect to physical prices, but the point remains. The price is the price because that is what people are paying.

Edited by StackerNoob

See attached screen shot - this will pump the price of silver higher.

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 11.12.01.png

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

57 minutes ago, Tommmmy555 said:

I found this picture (not 100% sure if it's accurate...). I got it here: http://demonocracy.info/infographics/world/silver/silver.html

image.thumb.png.97eabc4fe795689732e66ae5f2f05b21.png

I would say that JPM holdings are in ETF's not physical - banks will bullshit to kingdom come about thier physical holdings hence the manipulation of the prices via the ETF market.

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Silver just been slammed by 35p :(

12 hours ago, Goldhooked said:

JPM have a billion ounces?

1 billion ounces is 28349 tonnes.

According to this website the world silver reserve is 29665 tonnes...

http://demonocracy.info/infographics/world/silver/silver.html

So you’re saying JPM hold most of the worlds silver reserves?

How big is this vault?!

Ted Butler says a billion ounces of physical we’re bought with all the bailout money JPM was given over the years

29 minutes ago, Rocky2000 said:

Ted Butler says a billion ounces of physical we’re bought with all the bailout money JPM was given over the years

Seems to be conflicting info out there.  This one reckons it’s 600million ounces so nearly half what the other guy claims.  The article is only 2 months old....

https://www.munknee.com/silver-will-move-suddenly-shockingly-higher-soon-heres-why/

Looks like no one outside of JPM knows for sure.

*edit* ignore above, it’s actually originally from an article by Ted Butler in 2017 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Goldhooked

4 minutes ago, zhoutonged said:

For some reason the seemingly irrelevant Gold Silver ratio continues its march towards mean? How strange, who would have thunked it...

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 17.37.39.png

That blip to 120:1 will go down in history as the best time ever to buy silver with gold

21 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

Seems to be conflicting info out there.  This one reckons it’s 600million ounces so nearly half what the other guy claims.  The article is only 2 months old....

https://www.munknee.com/silver-will-move-suddenly-shockingly-higher-soon-heres-why/

Looks like no one outside of JPM knows for sure.

*edit* ignore above, it’s actually originally from an article by Ted Butler in 2017 🤷‍♂️

Yes now Ted claims JPM have stacked about 900 million to 1 Billion ounces of physical 

this is about ten times more than the Hunt brothers physical stack and they were accused of trying to corner the market

1 hour ago, Rocky2000 said:

Yes now Ted claims JPM have stacked about 900 million to 1 Billion ounces of physical 

this is about ten times more than the Hunt brothers physical stack and they were accused of trying to corner the market

Ted should change his name to Issac Hunt.....

11 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Ted should change his name to Issac Hunt.....

Ted is the foremost silver analyst in the world, he has publicly accused JPM of being criminally guilty of criminal activity in the silver market, and they never attempted to clear their name 

1 minute ago, Rocky2000 said:

Ted is the foremost silver analyst in the world, he has publicly accused JPM of being criminally guilty of criminal activity in the silver market, and they never attempted to clear their name 

You really think JPM has that much silver nearly 28,000 tonnes? He's right about JPM being crooks mind,

9 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

You really think JPM has that much silver nearly 28,000 tonnes? He's right about JPM being crooks mind,

Yes I do

there is a lot more gold and silver in the world than we are told

over 4 million tons of gold and just over a million tons of silver in available supplies

4 hours ago, Rocky2000 said:

Yes I do

there is a lot more gold and silver in the world than we are told

over 4 million tons of gold and just over a million tons of silver in available supplies

Just wondering how there is 4x the amount of gold available than silver when annual global production is roughly 10x more silver than gold

On 17/05/2020 at 19:26, Rocky2000 said:

silver is extremely undervalued compared with anything you look at for the last few thousand years.

Just because something is cheap by historical standards, doesn't mean it will increase in value... fax machines and floppy discs are at their historical lowest they've ever been, yet I think you'd agree that they don't represent great investments.

The reason for silver being higher historically related to the use of it in currency (mass demand and a fixed value in relation to gold). Since then, it has been used primarily in industry as well as jewellry- both of which tend to suffer when times are bad.

I'm not saying that silver will not increase in price... It probably will and I certainly hope it does. What I'm saying is that you have to distinguish between something increasing in value (increased demand driven by desirability, usefulness) and speculative price rises (driven by hysteria, FOMO etc).

28 minutes ago, GoldElliott said:

Just wondering how there is 4x the amount of gold available than silver when annual global production is roughly 10x more silver than gold

As i see it there is imprecise use of the word 'available'. Most of the gold ever mined is potentially available b/c gold is hoarded. A lot of it isn't actually available b/c for example the gold in the People's Republic of China Bank isn't going anywhere soon.
A lot of silver is thrown away b/c it is not economic to recover at the current price. 
So you have gold which is recovered and hoarded whilst silver is used and discarded. The end result is the amount of silver available (potentially and actually) is less despite the larger mined production.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

On 16/05/2020 at 16:27, GoldElliott said:

Reading everyone's comments on here it is clear why Gold has outperformed Silver imo.

People are hoping for a speculative rise in Silver, viewing it as a poor investment with limited intrinsic value.

People believe that Gold is a good investment and a sure hedge against uncertainty.

If the only thing driving the Silver price is FOMO and pure speculative pressure then it is by definition not a good investment. Doesn't mean to say there isn't money to be made trading silver. Since silver was removed from coinage there has been little use for it as a store of value. Gold on the other hand has and always will be in demand by central banks/ investors/ stackers.

I see Silver as the Bitcoin style investment- sure you might flip it all one day and buy yourself a Lambo, but more than likely you'll end up lumbered with a useless investment that you'll struggle to get your money back on.

Gold is like buying property- you're unlikely to get super super rich off it (unless you bought years and years ago), but you'll always have an asset that is in demand and should look after you into your old age.

You can't be more wrong about Silver.

Since it has become absolute scarce over the years and it's been consumed as a precious metal in electronics and not being used as of it's monetary value which means demanded less, I can absolutely guarantee you that it will outperfom Gold by multiples over the next decade.

Mark my words on this and you can also snapshot it for your records.

Take care. :)

Edited by joejingojack

On 18/05/2020 at 11:15, HerefordBullyun said:

I would say that JPM holdings are in ETF's not physical - banks will bullshit to kingdom come about thier physical holdings hence the manipulation of the prices via the ETF market.

JPM Holdings are paper contracts mostly. Fakery and falsefying at unprecedented scale.

6 minutes ago, joejingojack said:

You can't be more wrong about Silver.

Since it has become absolutely scarce over the years and it's been consumed as a precious metal and not being used as of it's monetary value which means less demand I can absolutely guarantee you that it will outperfom Gold by multiples over the next decade.

Mark my words on that and you can also snapshot this.

Take care. :)

i certainly hope youre right :) no one has yet been able to advance a reason as to why silver will rise in price other than because its at a historically cheap price...

Also it is used far more as an industrial metal rather than a precious metal!

image.png

10 minutes ago, GoldElliott said:

"Also it is used far more as an industrial metal rather than a precious metal!"

You just answered that yourself.

The answer to all the questions.

Edited by joejingojack