• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

People talk about a V or U or L shaped recovery. I actually believe it's a K shaped one. Those who hold PMs bitcoin mining stocks and property mortgage free will be in the ones in the recovery of the stick where's those who don't will be down the swannie on other impoverished stick. The days of wiermarcht taught us everything we know.

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

BOE wrote to all the retail banks on Monday I believe to see if they’d be “able to cope” if negative interest rates were applied. If that’s not a sign for cash soon to be exiting savings plans and possibly into gold, I don’t know what is. Also to avoid means testing to claim other benefits!! 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

34 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

BOE wrote to all the retail banks on Monday I believe to see if they’d be “able to cope” if negative interest rates were applied. If that’s not a sign for cash soon to be exiting savings plans and possibly into gold, I don’t know what is. Also to avoid means testing to claim other benefits!! 

Yeah they've got until 12th November to respond. I think Natwest have already responded and said the economy isnt ready for that.

1 hour ago, MancunianStacker said:

I read it as due diligence.  The banks systems may not be ready for neg rates, nor their balance sheets.  They haven't done much in Japan, EU or Switzerland, no reason to expect a change in UK, except to reduce value of £ (which is probably main reason for EU persisting with the policy).  I recall the deputy governor speaking against them last month.

I've posted charts a couple times but precious metals are currently following the dollar very closely

DXY (green) vs Gold (orange)

The dollar seems to have bottomed out and stabilised for now so they're both going relatively sideways compared to the big moves in previous months

dxygolld.thumb.jpg.c251d1d8641b99f935d4e0cfde4d8294.jpg

If you look at Hedge Funds positions on the Euro (which dxy is heavily weighted against) they've already reached pretty huge long positions, we've probably seen the peak which points to this indeed being the bottom for dxy

europositions.png.2312bd46e54fdec7ca01962a377a5da6.png

The long positions are actually pretty huge vs 2018 considering where the euro price actually is,

I'm expecting more sideways action, another month or so, then a dollar rally and gold/silver falling off a bit (especially silver) and that opening up a nice opportunity to buy (etfs anyway) 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

• 2 weeks later...

Gold still a little down /  sideways in GBP - been so for about a month or so.  

Not sure what the next trigger will be for up / downward move but the US election doesn't seem to be impacting gold.  My long term view is that if either candidate wins, they will create economic conditions conducive to a rising gold price.

Best Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Here we are again in the last week of an even-numbered month. This is when the big traders push the price around to get their futures contracts and options into the money. I'm not too worried about the price of gold or silver. Stocks, on the other hand, may well see some tax loss/tax gain selling before the end of the year.

USD strength has hit gold price in GBP as well as a drop in the price of gold.  I thought Gold would be higher now - given the stimulus packages printing more money.  

Pethaps post the US election it might rise or may even take till Q1

Not my circus, not my monkeys

BIS gold Opex expiry today - generally expect some recovery in price after this. Price usually taken down in the run up to expiry under the sweet spot so the options the BIS hold expire profitably. Of course the market isn't manipulated - it's just me in conspiracy theorist mode. 

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

2 hours ago, dicker said:

USD strength has hit gold price in GBP as well as a drop in the price of gold.  I thought Gold would be higher now - given the stimulus packages printing more money.  

Pethaps post the US election it might rise or may even take till Q1

The stimulus is exhausted now, waiting on politics in US to determine what next package will be.  If Democrat get their way, its likely to be more but targeting business, states, unemployment, with less direct cash to people. This is not as inflationary or giving cash for people to drop on assets.  Markets seem to be expecting this, hence $ strengthening. Though strengthen is a stretch, more like no longer weakening. 

Edited by Martlet

Looking more like gold is going to go up again FOMC and BOE announcements for stimulus today.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gold-rises-likely-u-election-232609913.html

Oh look 150bn injection into furlough scheme announcement today. Although gold has gone down in GBP. It's a longer term win for gold

Also the dollar is going to be strong as it's the first trading day that biden is now the new president elect which will effect the GBP also. It's certainly going to be a buying opportunity ☺️

Edited by HerefordBullyun

4 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Also the dollar is going to be strong as it's the first trading day that biden is now the new president elect which will effect the GBP also. It's certainly going to be a buying opportunity ☺️

Buy the rumour, sell the news... legally Biden will not be president-elect before December 14th when the electoral college meets. 🤷‍♂️

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken