• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

1 minute ago, BiigT said:

Hi, can't I ask where from please? 

This might help you in your quest:

http://goldprice.eu5.net

I bought my last 5oz from

Atkinsons but that was months ago now.

Ive also bought a lot from forum members so

I suggest you start there and check daily as often cheaper. 👍🏻 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

3 minutes ago, Nick1368 said:

So apparently Warren Buffett has been buying huge amounts of gold lately, very interesting indeed .

Gold Miner called Barrick. He still needs to invest another 4.7% to hedge properly 🤔 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

10 hours ago, Nick1368 said:

So apparently Warren Buffett has been buying huge amounts of gold lately, very interesting indeed .

The man who advised not to buy gold, as in his words, it has no use, is now buying gold.

Where did you hear this?

5 hours ago, Foster88 said:

The man who advised not to buy gold, as in his words, it has no use, is now buying gold.

Where did you hear this?

You better own something other than debt," Buffett says. "I've been wrong in thinking you could really have the developments you've had without inflation taking hold."

15 hours ago, Foster88 said:

Where did you hear this?

Should have listened to one of the Gold Standards greatest advocates
His father Howard

"I warn you that politicians of both parties will oppose the restoration of gold, although they may outwardly seemingly favor it, unless you are willing to surrender your children and your country to galloping inflation, war and slavery then this cause demands your support. for if human liberty is to survive in America, we must win the battle to restore honest money. There is no more important challenge facing us than this issue -- the restoration of your freedom to secure gold in exchange for the fruits of your labors."

Source: Congressional records

Edited by KRO
additional text

7 hours ago, KRO said:

Should have listened to one of the Gold Standards greatest advocates
His father Howard

"I warn you that politicians of both parties will oppose the restoration of gold, although they may outwardly seemingly favor it, unless you are willing to surrender your children and your country to galloping inflation, war and slavery then this cause demands your support. for if human liberty is to survive in America, we must win the battle to restore honest money. There is no more important challenge facing us than this issue -- the restoration of your freedom to secure gold in exchange for the fruits of your labors."

Source: Congressional records

Deep down, I think Buffet believes in gold. As a last resort.

43 minutes ago, Prophecy said:

Deep down, I think Buffet believes in gold. As a last resort.

Deep down buffet believes in protecting  his wealth. Like any savvy person.

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

7 hours ago, Prophecy said:

He's probably got a private vault with a few tons in. Bought in 1971

He probably leases fort Knox from the Fed as it's empty anyway  so he can put his stack in there 😂😂😂😂

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

On 15/01/2015 at 16:15, Paul said:

Well Silver has its own thread for daily ongoing discussion, so we may as well have one for Gold to !

5th November 2014 Gold bottomed at its low for 2014 @ £718oz

Now today just two and bit months on @ £832 

I not to shabby turnaround in such a short space of time, nearly 14% appreciation!

Ok so this was 5 years ago but the 1st ever post on this thread. Now look. Predictions for the next 5 years? 👀

Edited by AuricGoldfinger

51 minutes ago, Paul said:

Let me consult my research, and reach my conclusion

giphy.gif

Paul: What's the most you've ever lost on a coin toss?
SF Member: Sir?
Paul: The most. You ever lost. On a coin toss.
SF Member: I don't know. I couldn't say.
[Paul tosses a quarter in the air, catches it, then places it on the counter with his hand over it]
Paul: Call it.
SF Member: Call it?
Paul: [sighs] Yes.
SF Member: For what?
Paul: Just call it.
SF Member: Well, we need to know what we're callin' for here.
Paul: You need to call it. I can't call it for you. It wouldn't be fair.
SF Member: I didn't put nothin' up.
Paul: Yes, you did. You've been putting it up your whole life. You just didn't know it. You know what date is on this coin?
SF Member: No.
Paul: 1958. It's been traveling 22 years to get here. And now it's here. And it's either heads or tails, and you have to say. Call it.
SF Member: Well, look...I need to know what I stand to win.
Paul: Everything.
SF Member: ...How's that?
Paul: You stand to win everything. Call it.
SF Member: All right. Heads, then.
[Paul removes his hand, revealing the SF Member made the correct call]
Paul: [suddenly] Well done! [flicks the quarter to the SF Member] Don't put it in your pocket.
SF Member: Sir....?
Paul: Don't put it in your pocket. It's your lucky quarter.
SF Member: Well, where do you want me to put it?
Paul: Anywhere, not in your pocket. Where it'll get mixed in with the others and become just a coin...which it is.
Edited by richatthecroft

8 hours ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Ok so this was 5 years ago but the 1st ever post on this thread. Now look. Predictions for the next 5 years? 👀

May go up and buy more of other stuff, may go down and other stuff will buy relatively more gold. If down I'll likely have accumulated more ounces of gold and less of other stuff, if up likely I'll be holding fewer ounces of gold and have accumulated more of other stuff. Predicting which? I suspect some of both and subjective to which specific periods you actually look at. Don't really care if its selling some gold that puts food on the table, or whether its selling some of other stuff. Either way they'll be food on the table.

26 minutes ago, Paul said:

anyone know why the big spike up today in gold and silver ?

Fed announced inflation goals

edit: but it’s back down again now 

Edited by UncommonSeal