• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

16 hours ago, dicker said:

Thank you for your insight. 

Its a lot of guesswork really, but I don't think this pull back is over yet. Good news for silver as we can get some more VAT free for Christmas. Im hoping for £16/oz. ;)
The harder it pulls back the bigger it will rebound so £2000 gold is not impossible by May/June??

I have a feeing that Jan onwards something big will happen with the covid stuff, so that wi help, especially if Bitcoin crashes. 

Edited by Stacktastic

34 minutes ago, Jimmy2trees said:

Is Bitcoin diverting capital from the gold and silver Market?.......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=lbDtmt2PJlM

This question gets asked in every video. Yes I would say, especially as institutions are buying tons of it. 
If or when crypto crashes the tabes wi turn. 

I think it's bigger than just bitcoin.

More institutions are offering BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH and LTC for investors.

This will have some affect on gold and silver over time. This effect will only increase.

You'd be foolish to dismiss crypto currency. 

That's not to say I'm bearish on precious metals thought. 

If you're investing  in cryptocurrencies, the best thing to do is just buy Bitcoin and ignore the rest.

99% of them provide no additional utility or functionality over Bitcoin and they are either vanity projects or pump and dump schemes designed to fleece amateur traders

Comparing them to Bitcoin is like comparing pyrite to gold.

As with gold, if you believe in the fundamentals and are in for the long term buying and hodling Bitcoin is the way to go

17 minutes ago, Jimmy2trees said:

If you're investing  in cryptocurrencies, the best thing to do is just buy Bitcoin and ignore the rest.

99% of them provide no additional utility or functionality over Bitcoin and they are either vanity projects or pump and dump schemes designed to fleece amateur traders

Comparing them to Bitcoin is like comparing pyrite to gold.

As with gold, if you believe in the fundamentals and are in for the long term buying and hodling Bitcoin is the way to go

Without hijacking this gold thread and making it a stupid bitcoin maxi vurses the rest argument. Your statements simply aren't true.  

I don't want to be rude but...🙆‍♂️🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, AurumArgenti said:

Without hijacking this gold thread and making it a stupid bitcoin maxi vurses the rest argument. Your statements simply aren't true.  

I don't want to be rude but...🙆‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Which bit do you think is untrue?

23 minutes ago, Jimmy2trees said:

Which bit do you think is untrue?

This is a bit off topic (sorry my fault). Better to continue this on the crypto section & carry on with Gold prices only. But.. I will start buying Etherium soon if it dips down, I would be an idiot not to put some of my wealth into crypto as the upside is worth the risk. ;)

Edited by Stacktastic

• Founder & Administrator

Last few off topic posts hidden. Please use the correct section for those topics. Those topics also attract a large amount of spam bots, which is also a reason why that section is not publicly visible to guests. 

This topic here is for discussing gold in GBP. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

6 hours ago, AurumArgenti said:

I think it's bigger than just bitcoin.

More institutions are offering BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH and LTC for investors.

This will have some affect on gold and silver over time. This effect will only increase.

You'd be foolish to dismiss crypto currency. 

That's not to say I'm bearish on precious metals thought. 

Bitcoin will hit $27,000 eventually maybe next year as taxes start to bite etc etc and people around the world think it is a way to hide money.....

I have a $2,300-$2,700 target for gold in 2021 and a $40 for silver which will be significant in £ as I expect the £ to drop.

Edited by Oldun

Well, reading the Sunday papers a No Deal seems much more likely than a few days ago.

If the talks are not extended (pointless as far as I can see) there will be a moment of reckoning when the currency markets open tomorrow....

My prediction in this scenario is sterling to drop 5-10pct.  Probably nearer 5pct.

My guess is that gold will trade at between 1450 and 1530 in this scenario.

I am more than likely to be proven wrong!

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

7 minutes ago, dicker said:

Well, reading the Sunday papers a No Deal seems much more likely than a few days ago.

If the talks are not extended (pointless as far as I can see) there will be a moment of reckoning when the currency markets open tomorrow....

My prediction in this scenario is sterling to drop 5-10pct.  Probably nearer 5pct.

My guess is that gold will trade at between 1450 and 1530 in this scenario.

I am more than likely to be proven wrong!

Best

Dicker

Because the world reserve currency is the USD that's the main effect on gold. There will only be smaller impact in the European markets.

I am bullish on the price this week mind. FOMC. Buys in miners after the sell off and now bullion banks have balanced thier books.

Some may not land the week after. 

Also the pound may drop further which will make the price go up in our currency.

You have to follow the strength of the dollar ultimately to find the gains in the gold price.

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

• 2 weeks later...

Seems US agreed on a $900bn stimulus package. Ho ho ho. 😇🎁

https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/122020 

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

46 minutes ago, jultorsk said:

Seems US agreed on a $900bn stimulus package. Ho ho ho. 😇🎁

https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/122020 

I'm 99.9% this isn't a stimulus news move

It's not like this has come out of the blue and this is quite a move for silver especially and the dollar isn't falling, it's up in fact

With oil being down too this seems much more like a fear based reaction, maybe due to new covid strain, maybe something else is up in the deep banking system and we're just assigning news to correlate, who knows 

Edited by Kman

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation