• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

1 minute ago, mr-dead said:

No regrets selling the bars at all, you cant time the markets.

I set myself targets and goals and stick to the plan, served me well to date enabling me to pay off my current house early and buy my next one for cash.  Still made 40% on what I sold and  have around 100oz gold left + a few thousand ozs of silver :)

Oh, I never realised you had sold off your 1kgs - bricks and mortar, nearly always a good/safe investment 

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

Oh, I never realised you had sold off your 1kgs - bricks and mortar, nearly always a good/safe investment 

sold them about about 2 weeks ago + some krugs for a house purchase.

Just checked, I paid £33,328 in Sept 2017 for my Baird bar which are now £50,698.

Edited by mr-dead

8 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

@mr-dead you definitely did the right thing for you. There are always new highs and new lows. The whole point is to suit your own needs.

Did you get anywhere with the CGT?

I called over my accounts house a few days back to get my I.D certified for the house purchase and dropped off the paperwork for the gold sale.  Not had the figure due yet but should be sorted by Friday

29 minutes ago, Wheatkey92 said:

Worth buying now or waiting for a dip? Scared I might miss the boat or have already missed it? Thinking of getting 100g

I was scared buying 10 oz Gold in March. Glad I topped up. Kept some cash back for emergency fund.

Take your own advice on this as it’s you who has to live the the “loss” or “profit”. Remember it is only realised when you actually sell. The gold stays the same! 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

BOE said neg rates are in the toolbox but unlikely, however 0% is more likely in Sept 2021. Cash moving into gold for a year+

Plus Turkish Lira is on its way out 😬 First of many?? Euro v $ looks sad 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

5 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

BOE said neg rates are in the toolbox but unlikely, however 0% is more likely in Sept 2021. Cash moving into gold for a year+

Plus Turkish Lira is on its way out 😬 First of many?? Euro v $ looks sad 

Neg rates are the final resort.  Look at the helicopter money funding for getting people to eat out..... by getting 50% off

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

15 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Neg rates are the final resort.  Look at the helicopter money funding for getting people to eat out..... by getting 50% off

Yeah the %50 discount is crazy , my girlfriend and I had a main course and a pint each at the airport and the bill was £21 only 🤣

7 minutes ago, dicker said:

1572. I am keeping very very quiet about this as my wife has her eye on some new garden furniture.  

Good luck with that when mainstream are starting to say about it.... I'd move to monastery with no tv and tinternet 🤣😂😂😂😂

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

I stick to the line 'it is all media fluff', brush it off and put my head back in the Telegraph when Mrs Dicker mentions the price of gold in GBP.  Lovely wife, but boy does she want some new garden furniture which looks just like the set we already have.....

Not my circus, not my monkeys

18 minutes ago, dicker said:

I stick to the line 'it is all media fluff', brush it off and put my head back in the Telegraph when Mrs Dicker mentions the price of gold in GBP.  Lovely wife, but boy does she want some new garden furniture which looks just like the set we already have.....

My wife wants rid of ours cos its too big....cost me a bomb second hand, hand mosaic, cast aluminum, sunbrella fabric but the missus wants sonething smaller so she can complain how small it is....lol.

43 minutes ago, dicker said:

Tell you what tell her it's all fake and sell to me for a £5 I will keep it warm for you.

59 minutes ago, dicker said:

1572. I am keeping very very quiet about this as my wife has her eye on some new garden furniture.  

only "Furniture"! consider yourself Lucky - its just cost me 4k for a patio down the side of the house just to keep my "Brownie points" at an adequate level!

Minions GIF

IMG_3691.thumb.jpg.cc9b30fbfee8c899cbf2b90bcf61b012.jpg