• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

Just been in to Hatton Garden. Total waste of time. No one is selling at a reasonable price and appear to have lost their minds. One dealer just quoted me £1750 for a bullion Krug (and when I say bullion I mean ready for the pot). A half sovereign of no discernible value was also offered to me at a price I paid him for a sovereign a while back. Won’t be going to Hatton Garden again anytime soon. 

Oh. And if you want silver coins there, you’re looking at £30 an ounce. Crazy days.

11 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Just been in to Hatton Garden. Total waste of time. No one is selling at a reasonable price and appear to have lost their minds. One dealer just quoted me £1750 for a bullion Krug (and when I say bullion I mean ready for the pot). A half sovereign of no discernible value was also offered to me at a price I paid him for a sovereign a while back. Won’t be going to Hatton Garden again anytime soon. 

Oh. And if you want silver coins there, you’re looking at £30 an ounce. Crazy days.

If been there a number of times, sometimes not so good, others top notch. Very hot and cold

2 minutes ago, KevjustKev said:

If been there a number of times, sometimes not so good, others top notch. Very hot and cold

Totally agree Kev, but the people I buy and sell with are normally very reasonable. I hate to think what the others are like today!! 

1 hour ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I saw a lovely 1oz Krugerrand in town yesterday it was priced up as £1600 I bet its not in the window display anymore 😁

3 hours ago, Zhorro said:

I wonder if there will be any mention in the UK news of this price movement?

The Telegraph are attempting to play the performance of gold down by cherry picking dates when comparing performance statistics then telling people not to buy physical gold but to go for ETFs instead.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2023/02/02/every-investor-should-have-asset-portfolio-even-though-pays/

Edited by EdwardTeach

Please don’t get carried away. I can’t see it going higher. I can only see it dropping hard and quick. I think we will see £400 an ounce with the next few month.

Sorry…..did I just say ‘Please don’t get carried away. I can’t see it going higher. I can only see it dropping hard and quick. I think we will see £400 an ounce with the next few month.’

What I meant to say was ‘Please don’t get carried away. I can’t see it going too much higher. I can only see it dropping hard and quick. I think we will see £750 an ounce with the next few month.’

Sorry…..did I just say ‘Please don’t get carried away. I can’t see it going too much higher. I can only see it dropping hard and quick. I think we will see £750 an ounce with the next few month.’

What I mean to say was ‘Get carried away. I can’t see it going anywhere other than to the mooooon. I can only see it continuing to rise hard and quick. I think we will see £23,000.00 an ounce with the next few month.’

or something like that.