• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

1 minute ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

Quick survey,

How many people are looking at thier stack this morning and realising that the £3K CGT limit might be more of a problem than they expected?

i thought we all lost our gold in a boating accident ?

1 hour ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Has anyone got an overview of what the dealers are paying per sovereign at the moment? I have a contact in Hatton Garden that will always pay spot. When he is not buying there is an alternative that always offers 97%. Either way, that's pretty good at the moment considering the prices a week ago. Not sure about the others (ATS, HGM, Bairds etc.) Is there a 'price' comparison website for what they pay??

Chards website tells you what they are currently paying, I don't know of a comparison site though.

19 minutes ago, Paul said:

I'm just thinking, looking at the six month gold chart, we are +25% up for the sake of super simple maths 

Those of us here with PF70 gold in plastic coffins

If you were holding a £1000 coin six months ago, is it right it is worth to £1250 ?

or is the price about the same ??

A lot of our gold proof pieces we are still not close to break even at  ie buying a new 1oz gold proof from RM is still £2770

With this +25% increase to spot for common gold/circulated sovereigns, could this be a good time to pick up now under valued PF70s ?

Sorry if this is a bit rambling and without focus but hopefully see my point ?

Any opinions ??

I've got one of those... by mistake. I hate it. Would have much rather had bullion... it's easier.

2 minutes ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

Quick survey,

How many people are looking at thier stack this morning and realising that the £3K CGT limit might be more of a problem than they expected?

CGT free only so no issues my end... (famous last words!)

Concern is how many coins I'll be down within the annual exemption vs. quantity bought.

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

6 minutes ago, ant1882 said:

Chards website tells you what they are currently paying, I don't know of a comparison site though.

All the dealers offer their current pricing online. I am just being lazy and trying to see if there was a single place for this information. If I remember correctly, i think @Darr3nG developed the comparrison for buying from dealers....I have a feeling that Lawrence Chard even talked to Darren during that development.......if my memory is working!!

@Darr3nG is this something that is possible? Comparrison for prices offered by dealers for sovereigns, perhaps?

Just now, dicker said:

If you rock up with 200 Sovs my betting is you will get Spot.  

Still not the worst (depending on what people paid of course).

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024