• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

29 minutes ago, James32 said:

Here's the thing though and I've watched this over and over. If gold drops to £1500 on Monday ( which it won't) 95% of the members on here will wet themselves and still not buy. People talk about backing up trucks but in reality they s*** their pants and think it will keep dropping, then miss the dip altogether,.

Buy little and often, then you will hit every dip there is. Today's high will eventually be tomorrow's low.

No idea what that means, but Copper yeah? Same colour(ish)

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

43 minutes ago, James32 said:

Here's the thing though and I've watched this over and over. If gold drops to £1500 on Monday ( which it won't) 95% of the members on here will wet themselves and still not buy. People talk about backing up trucks but in reality they s*** their pants and think it will keep dropping, then miss the dip altogether,.

Buy little and often, then you will hit every dip there is. Today's high will eventually be tomorrow's low.

Wow??? Not like you  to give sound financial advice to others????  “ you must be on the drink again??? and the truth will out  when we have had a drink  ??? so you do have  a heart , after all ??😀👍

1 hour ago, James32 said:

Absolutely, it's a long term asset you stack up over a lifetime or for a rainy day. I cringe when I see 'buy the dip' and 'wish it would drop more so I can buy', we're not day traders moving tons and getting rich on small percentages, well maybe one or two exceptions. 

That said if gold keeps going like this and the general public catch on I fear forums like this will be over run with speculators and this will look like a crypto forum. 

7 hours ago, Roy said:

I'll be honest, I don't like this new all-time-high.

I was much more comfortable buying at £1500-£1600.

Would anyone like to sell me an ounce for £1550? 

Go on, I'll be your best friend 😊

Postage will be £310, is that ok?

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

7 minutes ago, Paul said:

Whys gold not going up like it should??

The graph has flat lined, has it died ?? 

Yep, the government forgot to pay the 'leccy bill

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

44 minutes ago, Paul said:

Whys gold not going up like it should??

The graph has flat lined, has it died ?? 

The guy that draws the lines on the charts has been given the weekend off. They’ve got a temp in to cover and they don’t know the new rules. 

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

9 hours ago, apachebleu said:

Absolutely, it's a long term asset you stack up over a lifetime or for a rainy day. I cringe when I see 'buy the dip' and 'wish it would drop more so I can buy'

Using data from https://www.portfoliovisualizer.com/backtest-asset-class-allocation?s=y&sl=4Pzn6ObSKO3ZlATV5lX0v2

50/50 yearly rebalanced stock/gold would at times have seen you accumulating more ounces of gold, fewer stock shares, at other times accumulating more stock shares, less ounces of gold

spacer.png

1980/1990's and you ended up with more than 7 times more ounces of gold without having added a additional penny in savings (stocks did well, gold poorly). In the 2000's you were selling down ounces of gold to buy more stock shares (as stocks suffered from the dot.com bubble burst and then the 2008 financial crisis). For the last year stocks have out-run gold, so a yearly rebalance would have you selling some shares to buy more ounces of gold - could be considered as a 'dip' (across 2023 stocks gained 26%, gold rose 13%). A simple 'mechanical' trading method ... that works OK and avoids having to guess whether the present price level is a high or low.

The above chart shows only the value of the portfolios gold half, the red value line (in US$) however would be the exact same for the stock half, but the number of shares held line tends to be a mirror reflection (opposite) of the ounces of gold held line.

What matters more for most, is the red line progression.

14 hours ago, Stacktastic said:

Its long term learning for me & more of a hobby to be honest. By the time I am 70 I will be Warren Buffet!! 😛  

Hopefully for your sake not, as I be guessing Warren Buffet would have been dead for a long time

Never Chase and Never Regret