• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

14 hours ago, JohnA1 said:

Looks like some civilians have survived through the rubble, he has to finish the job.

Fools - any sympathy for Israel has evaporated some time ago, when the bombed residential buildings were shown. Now they keep digging themselves deeper into a hole.

It's pretty obvious to the whole world what they're doing flattening the land - I feel sorry for the conscripts and those living abroad, they'll have to face the hatred and contempt for a long time to come.

A whole nation victimised to further the agenda of some hidden elite.

As for the impotent US carrier groups, well what does that tell for the future of the dollar eh..

You need to stop watching the bbc news . Just ask Rafi

Edited by gji25
info

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

21 hours ago, JohnA1 said:

Looks like some civilians have survived through the rubble, he has to finish the job.

Fools - any sympathy for Israel has evaporated some time ago, when the bombed residential buildings were shown. Now they keep digging themselves deeper into a hole.

It's pretty obvious to the whole world what they're doing flattening the land - I feel sorry for the conscripts and those living abroad, they'll have to face the hatred and contempt for a long time to come.

A whole nation victimised to further the agenda of some hidden elite.

As for the impotent US carrier groups, well what does that tell for the future of the dollar eh..

I can't disagree with what you say and I'm no supporter of Israel and what they are doing.....but...

The Jews have been there for 2000 years plus....they are surrounded by states who's religious aim is to wipe them out, they are only there now because their enemies know they will be wiped off the map. The only reason there isn't peace and a two state solution is because hamas wouldn't let it happen. 

Neither Israel or the Muslim world is a friend of the West....

Let them crack on. There's a reason none of the Arab states will help or take refugees from Gaza or indeed from any other Arab state at any time and there's a reason none of them want to go to another Arab state. There's only the west stupid enough to believe that they can all come here and be happy in a giant melting pot 🤣. And the Israeli s will happily pay their air fare 🤣

34 minutes ago, lst65 said:

I thought this was a Gold Monitoring Thread….

True, it started from the Gaza situation affecting gold 'price' and went down a slippery slope.

I've already regretted my post on the thread..

Everybody knows the war is over / Everybody knows the good guys lost
                               Everybody knows the boat is leaking / Everybody knows the captain lied..   Be seeing you2 sm.jpg

“The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”

18 minutes ago, Leonmarsh said:

Send an SOS out for Lawrence the forum is missing his pendantic posts 

You missed the full stop from the end of your sentence.

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

20 minutes ago, Leonmarsh said:

Send an SOS out for Lawrence the forum is missing his pendantic posts 

*pedantic.

Edited by Earthmetal

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

1 hour ago, JohnA1 said:

True, it started from the Gaza situation affecting gold 'price' and went down a slippery slope.

I've already regretted my post on the thread..

We're all influenced by the narratives we're exposed to

Let's just say the Israel-Hamas thing is complex and the complications arising from it boost gold prices

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

7 hours ago, Uksilverstackers said:

Best check before travelling...

Christmas Opening Times

Saturday 23rd December 2023 - Monday 1st January 2024 - Closed (Our Urgent enquiries will still be answered during this tim

Yeah found out the hard way 🤣

Gun shop was also closed ☹️

1 hour ago, MrStacker said:

It will escalate even more. These events sadly will get dragged all the way into february. I don't see it going down below 1600 anytime soon. It's looking like 400 quid will become the new average next year for sovereigns imo. I can see half sovs becoming more popular. Crazy to think just in 2018/19 it was as low as 300 for a full sov.

Half sovs are already doing well generally as well as with relevant premiums. I’d be surprised if the quarter sovereigns were not soon the general entrance point for silver stackers wanting to start stacking gold. 

See the current Coin Cabinet premium auction about to go live tomorrow. There is a joint finest 1890 L512 at AU55 which is already at £500 (before the 18% premium) and an MS63 No JEB 1887 which has already gone up to £1,100 (before the premium).

There are some other lovely halves in there that are doing very well.

Though I accept that they are the rarer higher premiums ones, a look at the last 6% auction shows an easy to acquire MS65 grade 2006 selling for £265 which, with the premium and VAT, means the buyer paid out £284. 

Edited by AndrewSL76

3 hours ago, Chronos said:

There is no reason to shoot yourself because Chards was closed ...

Maybe he was interested in making a 100% discounted purchase on the next visit...

3 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Half sovs are already doing well generally as well as with relevant premiums. I’d be surprised if the quarter sovereigns were not soon the general entrance point for silver stackers wanting to start stacking gold.

Funny enough, I replied to this topic in another thread just a few hours ago. I'll reply rather than point to the thread to add some more.

I don't see quarters picking up any time soon, the premiums are too high which create a catch 22 situation, premiums won't go down until people start buying and people won't buy them until premiums come down, many dealers don't even stock them. Off the top of my head, at present the best prices are probably around £125 for a quarter, £200 for a half and £395 for a full one, the quarter is way off, any stacker will be better off going at least for a half, you can find 1/10oz for £180 which are still a better option. Personally I'd rather do a 1/10th Krug or a half sov every other month in stead of budgeting for a quarter.

For quarters to become relevant we probably need to see halves raise some more, and still, they are probably too small to be considered for anything, many probably can't even see them and wouldn't want to have such a small coin. They're ridicolously tiny and people on here at times complain that they can't see details on a half, I've got two quarters and I can't tell what they are without a magnifying glass.

Edited by LemmyMcGregor

4 hours ago, MrStacker said:

It will escalate even more. These events sadly will get dragged all the way into february. I don't see it going down below 1600 anytime soon. It's looking like 400 quid will become the new average next year for sovereigns imo. I can see half sovs becoming more popular. Crazy to think just in 2018/19 it was as low as 300 for a full sov.

Premiums at dealers are down even though gold spot is still high.

A tube of 25 mixed sovereigns on 14/4/23 was £10,128 spot /oz was £1622

A tube of 25 mixed sovereigns on 28/12/23 is £9,865 spot /oz is £1623 

Aprils price £405 compared to todays price per sovereign £394