• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

All-time high in graphs where the dollar of 1980 is set to be equal to the dollar of 2023...

</parade urinator>

Edited by JohnA1

Everybody knows the war is over / Everybody knows the good guys lost
                               Everybody knows the boat is leaking / Everybody knows the captain lied..   Be seeing you2 sm.jpg

“The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”

Maybe I am being very emotional, but can anyone else see the derivatives & leverage markets at play here. 
The miners have hardly shot up have they & the magnificent 7 are ready to dump. Event the russell shot up. 

I am selling a Palladium position when the markets reopen I think. Im 15% up so not too bad. 
We are know we are in a recession already I think & the markets have not worked that out yet. 

Makes me wonder if we will see a decent sell of based on the above. 
I might be wonger, but gold has a tendency to suprise.. ;) 

However I am wondering if something is broken with the fed (shorter term) & smarter people than me know that!! 

Edited by Stacktastic

8 hours ago, iggypop said:

Merry Christmas everyone 🎄

a festive treat at this time of year, my children love em. Not as much as the odd sovereign they have received as special treats. If only Fort Knox was actually audited 🤣

101BF717-0C88-4F46-86B7-82C4C83424ED.jpeg

fort knox.jpg

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

On 23/12/2023 at 21:53, Stacktastic said:

Maybe I am being very emotional, but can anyone else see the derivatives & leverage markets at play here. 
The miners have hardly shot up have they & the magnificent 7 are ready to dump. Event the russell shot up. 

I am selling a Palladium position when the markets reopen I think. Im 15% up so not too bad. 
We are know we are in a recession already I think & the markets have not worked that out yet. 

Makes me wonder if we will see a decent sell of based on the above. 
I might be wonger, but gold has a tendency to suprise.. ;) 

However I am wondering if something is broken with the fed (shorter term) & smarter people than me know that!! 

Yes we must not forget that gold can drop back and take a year or more to recover followed by flat years.

12/9/2011 a big rise in gold £1164 

3/8/2015 back to £699

So maybe we will see a fall back to £1200 after these War years calm down 

Edited by Midasfrog

13 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

Yes we must not forget that gold can drop back and take a year or more to recover followed by flat years.

3/8/2015 back to £699

SNL gif. Black and white. Kenan Thompson, wearing a pageboy hat and old-timey clothes, yells, "Boo!!!" SpongeBob gif. Patrick shouts "booo" and gives a thumbs down at Mr. Krabs, who appears indifferent. The Simpsons gif. Mr Burns standing up in a theater, protecting his head as other attendees throw food and drinks at him. Text, "Boo!" Reality TV gif. Christina Aguilera as a judge on The Voice sits in a red high backed chair. She holds both of her arms out and gives two thumbs down as she mouths the text below, "Booo!"

7 hours ago, Midasfrog said:

3/8/2015 back to £699

In that case, back up the truck!

Everybody knows the boat is leaking / Everybody knows the captain lied..   Be seeing you2 sm.jpg

10 hours ago, Midasfrog said:

3/8/2015 back to £699

26/12/2023 £1624

I know what my plan is.

Looks like someone sat on the moon launch button :D 

image.thumb.png.31279f64eed2bea2e0037a735fbd1b1c.png

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

12 hours ago, 9x883 said:

Unfortunatly fresh war looms

Screenshot_20231226-223502_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.5436913d51d6dd2d7495a34af97b7c75.jpg

Looks like some civilians have survived through the rubble, he has to finish the job.

Fools - any sympathy for Israel has evaporated some time ago, when the bombed residential buildings were shown. Now they keep digging themselves deeper into a hole.

It's pretty obvious to the whole world what they're doing flattening the land - I feel sorry for the conscripts and those living abroad, they'll have to face the hatred and contempt for a long time to come.

A whole nation victimised to further the agenda of some hidden elite.

As for the impotent US carrier groups, well what does that tell for the future of the dollar eh..

Edited by JohnA1

3 minutes ago, silversky said:

Back on topic from the anti Israel politics... gold now exceeded the close preceding the massive spike in dollar terms.  GBP not far behind with only £6 to go.  A close above the Friday close at the end of November would be very bullish.  A rejection here might spell the end of this little rally though.

image.png.1c74ac7bf28e10fe1693402d6a042ebe.png

image.png.c8cda4de27d5eb7500a8627a662802af.png

Amen to that..