• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

SILVER DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please use this topic only for sharing deals from different dealers in the UK & Europe.

For discussion please use other topics on the forum OR feel free to create a topic if no topic exists. Please try to keep this deals topic here exclusive for sharing deals :) 

1 hour ago, Silverman2U said:

Though not always. Bought from Bairds recently as better deal, with VAT, than from Europe! :) 

Same here, had  stuff cheaper from Bairds (with VAT) cheaper than GSBE or EU 

Edited by Allroad

The amount Baird's get talked up on the forum it's a wonder they don't have a presence on here. Good exposure for them in the stacker/collector community and the potential for good deals within their section of the forum...although they're already so busy maybe they don't have the inclination to allocate the staff/time

1 hour ago, Liam84 said:

The amount Baird's get talked up on the forum it's a wonder they don't have a presence on here. Good exposure for them in the stacker/collector community and the potential for good deals within their section of the forum...although they're already so busy maybe they don't have the inclination to allocate the staff/time

Probs busy enough not to bother? 

Likely, I also think they probably deal a lot in volume markets maybe. I had a chat with one of the dudes on the phone the other day whilst sorting out an order, he reckoned a lot of people hadn't heard of Baird & Co until recently and they were doing best to manage expectations (i.e. keep up with orders) from people. I imagine the increased business from the man/woman in the street has something to do with it alongside the supply and staffing issues. He hadn't heard of the forum but sounded chuffed people were into them.

Ive been ordering from bairds before and had now awaiting a bigger shipment.  Been 3 weeks, but there communication is ok - website can be frustrating (2 part payment) so I've tended to pick up the phone.  They sound under the cosh with it all.

I bought a load of the Tokelau silver coins only a while back for less than 16 euro per OZ coin.
I look now and some are approaching 24 euro. Mad stuff.

I have only been able to pull the trigger on some 1kg bars since then.

11 hours ago, vacancies said:

Ive been ordering from bairds before and had now awaiting a bigger shipment.  Been 3 weeks, but there communication is ok - website can be frustrating (2 part payment) so I've tended to pick up the phone.  They sound under the cosh with it all.

Absolutely agree with that statement I have been transferring money in and placing orders and everytime ended up calling them and asking them to sort orders out but I do sympathise with them a lady told me last week their volume of orders and new customers has increased so much but they are managing just need time to get everything out.  Bodes well for us 🙂

Found a great deal on silver Britannia's last night on Chard 24carat...I suspect a time machine may be required to purchase, or i'm stuck in an alternate dimension...

£4.80 per Oz!!

https://24carat.co.uk/frame.php?url=2013silverbritannias.php

For the pedantic, yes i know this page is not current. Brought me some amusement seeing if i could place an order at that price...🤣

Edited by SilverDrum

78av.gif

1 hour ago, Russell said:

Absolutely agree with that statement I have been transferring money in and placing orders and everytime ended up calling them and asking them to sort orders out but I do sympathise with them a lady told me last week their volume of orders and new customers has increased so much but they are managing just need time to get everything out.  Bodes well for us 🙂

I had a chat with the guy there and grumbled about the website and I think they are more geared up for heavy hitters placing upwards of 10k to 100k who aren't piddling about with visa.

3 minutes ago, vacancies said:

I had a chat with the guy there and grumbled about the website and I think they are more geared up for heavy hitters placing upwards of 10k to 100k who aren't piddling about with visa.

I've been placing orders over the phone so that I can combine postage, they are not really geared up for this because they ended up sending 4 separate parcels with 1 postage payment. I wish they had a system like European mint or GS.be where you can have free storage for a limited time to save on shipping costs.

Please Find me on Instagram  HERE            

27 minutes ago, Troy77 said:

I've been placing orders over the phone so that I can combine postage, they are not really geared up for this because they ended up sending 4 separate parcels with 1 postage payment. I wish they had a system like European mint or GS.be where you can have free storage for a limited time to save on shipping costs.

Yeah they are not used to retail consumers like us but phoning up is the best idea.  I have three shipments coming now think I will give them a call and ask them to combine them I don't mind having to wait another 3 weeks or so 🙂

I have ordered something there recently and they sent me an email today "deal - valid only this weekend (as long as they have tese coins)"

I have looked at Atkinsons and Bullion by post to compare what these coins are now without deal but both currently don't offer it. So I'm not sure how good a deal it is, how much you'd pay elsewhere but I'll just post it here and if you are intersted in this coin, you can find out yourself.

It's in Germany, the postage to the UK was 24.90 Euros to the UK for me (for one gold coin), so the premium elsewhere would need to be respectively high to still get a good deal, if you live in the UK.

It's limited to 20 coins per coin or 40 coins altogether. Birds of Paradise 2019/18 for 24/25 Euros.

The offer is valid till today 8pm UK time or till they got rid of all coins.

https://www.gold-silber-muenzen-shop.de/modules.php?warp=search&view=gallery&q=Birds+of+paradise

They don't state what their price will be after that.

A few hours ago I looked at some kooks and koalas on different sites, and the 2016 koala was in stock at around 23.4 euros.
A few tabs remained open in my browser, and a few minutes ago I refreshed them to check prices and BAAAM!!!
https://goldsilver.be/en/1-oz-30-gr/294-perth-mint-1-oz-silver-koala-2016-1.html
20.28 euros or 18.04 pounds
- 3 euros discount

I put 5 of them in my basket, then tried to order with storage. Option did not appear at checkout, so I quickly went through their info tab and found that only orders over 500 euros can be stored. I think this is new... Since I am not going to pay 50 euros for shipping to Romania for a few coins, I said what the hell, let's put 25 in the basket and order to storage. I should be able to sell some of them and get at least what I paid for them.
So I went back to cart and tried to update the 5 to 25 but it did not work. I refreshed the page and the red banner made it's appearance saying there are not enough coins in stock.
As you can imagine, they sold out.

Damn!!!

^ Looks like the "previously owned"-route is the only way to go nowadays. With these prices.

I just bought a 1kg silver Kookaburra coin (previously owned, private seller) for a price that comes down to 19e/oz. Time will tell if that was a good deal or not...  but after getting used to the 16-17e/oz prices, it still feels expensive to me.

48 minutes ago, WhySoSerious said:

^ Looks like the "previously owned"-route is the only way to go nowadays. With these prices.

I just bought a 1kg silver Kookaburra coin (previously owned, private seller) for a price that comes down to 19e/oz. Time will tell if that was a good deal or not...  but after getting used to the 16-17e/oz prices, it still feels expensive to me.

I see a 1kilo Kook for about £450 on GSB at the start of the lockdown or just before, wish I picked a couple up😁

Please Find me on Instagram  HERE            

https://www.silver-to-go.com/en/silver-coins/maple-leaf/1-oz-silver-maple-leaf-coin-2020/

Still premium-tastic but better than I've seen from a dealer for a while. I'm tempted but I'm holding/hoping for premiums to come back a smidge so RM stuff or maybe mid size bars are a bit more sensible. Lovely coin the maple though 👍

32 minutes ago, Liam84 said:

https://www.silver-to-go.com/en/silver-coins/maple-leaf/1-oz-silver-maple-leaf-coin-2020/

Still premium-tastic but better than I've seen from a dealer for a while. I'm tempted but I'm holding/hoping for premiums to come back a smidge so RM stuff or maybe mid size bars are a bit more sensible. Lovely coin the maple though 👍

Still too expensive with postage for bog standard philies these will come down in the coming months