• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

SILVER DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please use this topic only for sharing deals from different dealers in the UK & Europe.

For discussion please use other topics on the forum OR feel free to create a topic if no topic exists. Please try to keep this deals topic here exclusive for sharing deals :) 

13 hours ago, WotNxt said:

I'm a real newbie at this so I am wondering if this is a good buy on Ebay?  It seems a no brainer so I am wondering if there is a catch, whether the seller has simply made a mistake or whether I am just ignorant in some way.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Paddington-50p-Sliver-Proof-2018/333330957083?hash=item4d9c12c31b:g:~8kAAOSwqeddfqOZ

£43.17 incl postage Buy It Now price

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/paddington/paddington-at-the-station-silver-proof-coin/

£60.00 inc VAT but not sure about postage

That proof coin is a collectors item if you want it but these ones usually lose value generally in the second hand market. 

If you want to invest by weight then it’s not worth it. It is 8 grams of .925 (Sterling silver), which means 7.4 grams of pure silver. At the current spot price the silver in it is worth £2.83 

A Troy ounce is 31.15 grams of silver and can be bought at £16-22

Best value for silver content will be bullion grade coins and regular bars. Get whichever one is cheaper at the time. 

No crystal ball for the future but folks don't seem to have an issue shifting KG+ lumps of loveliness on the forum. Even if they're a bit pre-loved Kookaburra products are always popular by the seems of it. This is a big Kook' for plain stacking price in the current situation. If I hadn't already indulged a little already this month I would have busted a finger clicking add to basket myself 😁

1 hour ago, HerculeHolmes said:

1 kilo bars are such a great idea. They must be a pain to sell on.

Depends on price but they have been selling on here for £550ish. 

7 hours ago, FullMetalJacket said:

2 more kilo coins on Chards

~25% Premium with postage - https://www.chards.co.uk/1998-silver-kookaburra-1kg-perth-mint/11524

~29% Premium with postage - https://www.chards.co.uk/1994-silver-kookaburra-1kg-coin/7019

Let me know if anyone grabs either/both. Got a couple newby questions 😁

Can't believe these are still available.

What are the newbie questions?

Stacker since 2013

13 minutes ago, Danny-boy said:

Can't believe these are still available.

What are the newbie questions?

Why you can't believe these are still available? What makes it a good deal?

Before this lockdown and premiums going up, how low were premiums on items like this?

Asking so I develop an idea what good/bad prices are and can jump on good deals and avoid the bad ones.

11 minutes ago, FullMetalJacket said:

Why you can't believe these are still available? What makes it a good deal?

Before this lockdown and premiums going up, how low were premiums on items like this?

Asking so I develop an idea what good/bad prices are and can jump on good deals and avoid the bad ones.

Because they are pretty much the cheapest silver available from a reputable dealer (or anybody else for that matter) at this present point in time.

Why worry about "before lockdown"? We are talking price and availability now. I understand what you are saying though, it's a psychological thing. Even if somebody offered me a sovereign at spot today, I couldn't bring myself to buy it and would rather somebody else had it. Why? Because a few years back I was buying sovereigns sub-£200 and I can't mentally overcome them being £340-350 now. They are a good price, no doubt, but I have a mental block.

Anything around the £16-17/oz right now is a steal at current prices. 

Not sure why I don't have the same mental block with silver. i have a screenshot on my phone of a monster box of maples when I was planning to buy a monster box. £5765 delivered for 500oz. That's £11.53 an ounce at my door. 

Stacker since 2013

4 minutes ago, Danny-boy said:

https://www.silver-to-go.com/en/silver-coins/ark-noah/1-oz-noah-s-ark-silver-coin-2020/

16.96 pounds or 19.43 euros

Edit: Not to mention a lot of new coins in stock on this site.
This morning they had 30 different coins in stock, now there are 40.
So expect to see lower premiums in the near future. Hope spot stays where it is...

Edited by dga00

23 minutes ago, dga00 said:

https://www.silver-to-go.com/en/silver-coins/ark-noah/1-oz-noah-s-ark-silver-coin-2020/

16.96 pounds or 19.43 euros

Edit: Not to mention a lot of new coins in stock on this site.
This morning they had 30 different coins in stock, now there are 40.
So expect to see lower premiums in the near future. Hope spot stays where it is...

Is that delivered price? Like I said, anything around £17/oz is a good deal at the moment.

Stacker since 2013

29 minutes ago, Danny-boy said:

Because they are pretty much the cheapest silver available from a reputable dealer (or anybody else for that matter) at this present point in time.

Why worry about "before lockdown"? We are talking price and availability now. I understand what you are saying though, it's a psychological thing. Even if somebody offered me a sovereign at spot today, I couldn't bring myself to buy it and would rather somebody else had it. Why? Because a few years back I was buying sovereigns sub-£200 and I can't mentally overcome them being £340-350 now. They are a good price, no doubt, but I have a mental block.

Not sure why I don't have the same mental block with silver. i have a screenshot on my phone of a monster box of maples when I was planning to buy a monster box. £5765 delivered for 500oz. That's £11.53 an ounce at my door. 

You know what I mean. Premiums jumped post lockdown, not to mention the increase in gold. 

Under £6k for a monster seems more like a dream than reality now. 

Thanks for your answers. Really appreciate it.