• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

Well 3rd time and still not lucky or am I asking to much of the RM. Did I wait to long to buy one so when you return them they only have crap left to exchange with or is it ok??

Slight scratching on the rim next to the SIL in silver and possibly a mark ( or my breath lol) next to the E of Elizabeth. 

I will be keeping it and banging it on eBay in a year or two to get my money back I think.

CSC_0320.JPG

CSC_0319.JPG

CSC_0318.JPG

Just got the grading back from the current NGC batch and I wanted to share some things with you guys...

Lets start with Centennial Gold - I sent in 4 pieces - 3 dimes and one Standing Liberty Quarter as an Early Release

2016-10-07_15-38-47.jpg

As you can see ALL yes ALL got SP70! 

2016-10-07_15-39-52.jpg

2016-10-07_15-40-26.jpg

Next invoice in the modern tier was a couple of pandas, a couple of gold beasts and some moon pandas...

2016-10-07_15-41-41.jpg

As you can see - The 2 Beasts (one mine and one for Oldun) scored... drum roll... encore drum roll... MS70!!

2016-10-07_15-53-04.jpg

The 1983 Panda looked great to me when I bought it and to get a 69 on such an early Panda was great.

2016-10-07_15-54-58.jpg

Lets turn to the Moon Pandas... I dont think anyone has graded any yet independently ... got 69 and a 70 which was not bad. the MCM 70's have sold out as a dealer in China bought about 150,000$ worth of them!

2016-10-07_15-58-14.jpg

Lastly I did a favour for Junior member @Brycekanowski aged 11 who wanted to grade his prized 2005 Proof Silver Eagle. What was really cool was it got its own special 30th Anniversary label free of charge by NGC which I was not expecting and it scored a perfect PF70 too.

2016-10-07_16-00-51.jpg

8 hours ago, walesdave said:

x2 Krugerrand

First Krugs I've ever held......must say that even allowing for the couple of gram weight difference, these 'feel' a lot more substantial than Brits.

I think I might stick with stacking Krugs from now on, as long as I can stop the terrible South African accent when handling them :rolleyes: and I keep breaking into the Spitting Image song :lol:

20161007_122210.jpg

20161007_122146.jpg

@walesdave- great to see someone else that really likes the much-maligned Krugs!! I agree with you 100% - a Krug feels like £1000 worth in the hand. Always keep your eye out for cheap Krugs - as sometimes people overlook them. 

4 hours ago, morezone said:

Something for the 1/10th collection. 2010 Gold 1/10 Isle of Man  Abyssinian Cat.  Real shame there are copper spots but doesn't really bother me on hard to find pieces.  Arrived int he UK on the 30th Sept but took Royal Mail 10 days to deliver.  Really thought it had gone missing and was going to open a dispute this afternoon once today's post had been.

2016-10-10 13.19.00.jpg

Copper spots can disappear, I had a Lunar horse with a copper spot it went a year later.