• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

On 30/06/2023 at 18:13, Mrpound said:

Nothing too exciting but got this little one from @AgD today 😊

IMG_7507.thumb.jpeg.515c24800198cb62af72cb0f796b87b5.jpeg

These 1964 dimes were handed out free to promote NGC grading at a London Coin Fair.

Great little keepsake.  Mine is - 026! 😃

Edited by Britannia47

59 minutes ago, NGMD said:

Flip flopping on what I want to collect and then changing my mind 2 weeks later. Some nice things to look at.

Metalors 20g

Valcambi ‘Always’ 5g

Pamps 1g,2.5g,5g

2020 Proof Sovereigns with Cypher *

2023 Proof Coronation Sovereigns (1 to grading)

Germania Mint Mystical Forest 1oz Silver Final Coin 4 of 4

Germania 1oz Bars Box.

1877 Leopold II RM  20 Franc (Best you’ll see.Detail❤️). *

*For sale when I can be bothered to list. So probably Never.

IMG_6004.jpeg

IMG_6007.jpeg

IMG_6008.jpeg

IMG_6009.jpeg

I'll take the lot. £385 posted, can we have a deal?

Edited by Upsidedown
Spelling

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

1 minute ago, Sy007 said:

This part should be "Today I Found".

Something a little different to the norm. After clearing out old drawers, I came across this Waterman L'Etalon fountain pen (Confirmed on a British fountain pen page) My Dad gave this to me 20 years ago and I forgot I had it.

I just tossed it aside like a normal pen with no interest but I kept it as it was a nice gift. It turns out that it's a hallmarked sterling silver barrel and lid with an 18kt gold nib. I was stunned when I was told this today. It's worth a fair amount as it was discontinued 20 years ago and is now a rare item.

It's like finding treasure. Sentimentality and value. Perfect!

20230630_154638.jpg

20230630_154703.jpg

20230630_161443.jpg

Wow you can't write it, well maybe you can now

Just now, Dankanugget said:

I've ordered X2 king Charles sovs. Should be here in about a week 

Is that the crowned bullion ones?

20 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

Some bits I’ve been waiting a few months on. My first copper proof, is quite stunning. How long it will stay shiny is another matter but it’s well worth it. 

the memorial 50p is one of my favourites, first time I’ve seen it in person. pity it’s not .999. 

IMG_9704.jpeg

IMG_9706.jpeg

IMG_9703.jpeg

I wonder what that Copper Proof would look like suspended in clear resin to preserve it. Would ruin the feel of a coin, but wouldn’t go green and be visually cool.

just me thinking out loud.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

2 minutes ago, NGMD said:

I wonder what that Copper Proof would look like suspended in clear resin to preserve it. Would ruin the feel of a coin, but wouldn’t go green and be visually cool.

just me thinking out loud.

I’m not risking taking it out of the capsule so it wouldn’t ruin the feel in that sense. I think it would look good in resin. I’ve thought about vacuum packing it too. Anything to keep it bright. It’s very humid here also so will be interesting to see what happens. 

Aaaahhh😉

25 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

Some bits I’ve been waiting a few months on. My first copper proof, is quite stunning. How long it will stay shiny is another matter but it’s well worth it. 

the memorial 50p is one of my favourites, first time I’ve seen it in person. pity it’s not .999. 

IMG_9704.jpeg

IMG_9706.jpeg

IMG_9703.jpeg

I bought both my kids the silver proof coronation 50p for £60 each back in April. I kind of gave them to them and they were kind of interested (they're in the safe with the rest of MY stuff lol)

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves