• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

2 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

Digital Microscope

I've been playing around with this today.  Will be very useful documenting the condition of coins and identifying defects.  Not the prettiest photos, but at this scale no speck of dust goes unseen.

image.thumb.jpeg.7154c8e48debce48d37794a7e09cfeba.jpeg

WIN_20240223_13_59_35_Pro.thumb.jpg.ce949c31f020da951255eeb19518627b.jpg

WIN_20240224_18_36_42_Pro.thumb.jpg.a937ef07ae3d0c7d1888c7358d418e18.jpg

Great pics, but don’t be one of those who uses this on new stuff! Not really fair on any of the mints🤔🤔 look forward though to you showing interesting things to with the older stuff that quite often isn’t easy for us normal folk to spot🤔😮😁

37 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

[ . . . ]

I doubt it's notable enough to be called an error but it's one of my "special" coins regardless as it was struck halfway through 2023, making it quite possibly the last one ever struck!

image.png.077e9d874a7313ec729e0931d940c578.pngimage.png.ccb0749aee9ae8e939669618abdb3d18.png

About par for the course for the Royal Munt, I should have thought.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

3 hours ago, paulmerton said:

I'd be interested if you see this sort of thing on many of the modern proofs - This was on a 2022 Platinum Jubilee proof sovereign and you can see where the upper die has shifted slightly between each of the 3 strikes, giving it a multi struck effect. The obverse doesn't show this effect at all.

I doubt it's notable enough to be called an error but it's one of my "special" coins regardless as it was struck halfway through 2023, making it quite possibly the last one ever struck!

image.png.077e9d874a7313ec729e0931d940c578.pngimage.png.ccb0749aee9ae8e939669618abdb3d18.png

I'm certain I have seen it.  Will find some interesting examples, and probably create a new thread to discuss.

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

26 minutes ago, Silverlocks said:

I have to say I'm rather taken with that Bulmint phoenix design.  Where did you get it from?

Think modo got it direct

Edited by James32

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 minutes ago, ak74 said:

I agree, nice coin (issued on behalf of Niue). Btw, I forgot to post another rather nice Bulmint's (Tokelau) coin: Mustang, so below is its photo. They also produce Maori coin, I don't have it yet, so just paste a screenshot.

Coins have some imperfections, but it's normal for proof-like bullion, I assume.

I bought them at the Bulmint's WMF Berlin stand. Not many dealers have them even in the EU, and I don't know about the UK, sorry.

In coming days I will be in Sofia and think about buying more of these coins from the Bulmint's showroom. Maybe later I will sell some through the forum, if it would be of interest.

image.thumb.jpeg.1a0e322fd0fafbcd36bb783c976aa675.jpeg

image.png.48bc19f353f0fd02ab768b69fe35e882.png

I'd be interested in them. Beautiful coins 

24 minutes ago, James32 said:

Think modo got it direct

I suppose I could ask him to pick one up next time he comes to the UK.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

1 minute ago, KevjustKev said:

And a big thank you to @BackyardBullion

at silver.jpg

Nice, I would imagine a fair few recieved photos will look like this over the next week!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion