• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint Black Friday Weekend

Gordy

On 25/01/2024 at 08:01, CoinCupboard said:

Phoned again yesterday, apparently no production date for the stuff people are waiting on! Crazy! 

Unacceptable. Managed to get the last few henna ones they had in stock. 🤦 

Back in stock?..

IMG_0854.png

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

1 hour ago, CoinCupboard said:

Well, if they are. I'll not be happy as they have apparently sent me 2 of the henna ones today. Can't check tracking numbers as it's the same tracking numbers they have previously used on my account. I'll see what turns up. 🤣

I'm glad they've finally got their finger out. I got an email today saying my stuff is on its way. Great job RM, you told me 3-5 days and it only took 10 weeks!

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

Today is a day of (almost) rejoicing.

After 69 😉 days since ordering, my bars have arrived.

Not actually the ones I ordered, but Brit bars instead.  🙄

Not sure I care enough to send them back now.

Most importantly, I got my free 50p.

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

Yep, my henna ones showed up today too. 

Not the little treasures like I ordered and apparently had no production date for. 

The place is a shambles. 

I'll only be ordering from them again if they mess prices of things up. Even though I know it'll still be stressful. 

That's the last 4 out of my 5 orders been messed up. Can't keep buying from this company. Shame. 

40 minutes ago, CoinCupboard said:

Yep, my henna ones showed up today too. 

Not the little treasures like I ordered and apparently had no production date for. 

The place is a shambles. 

I'll only be ordering from them again if they mess prices of things up. Even though I know it'll still be stressful. 

That's the last 4 out of my 5 orders been messed up. Can't keep buying from this company. Shame. 

Is it actually a henna bar, or is it the Britannia bar inside a henna envelope (as I got)?

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

2 hours ago, Charliemouse said:

Is it actually a henna bar, or is it the Britannia bar inside a henna envelope (as I got)?

They're all britannia bars in different envelopes. Whole thing is a scam 🤣 as Leon would say 'get em bloody enveloped and sold Anne.

Edited by James32

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

8 hours ago, James32 said:

They're all britannia bars in different envelopes. Whole thing is a scam 🤣 as Leon would say 'get em bloody enveloped and sold Anne.

I would have sworn the photos showed different patterns on the bar.  I'm definitely having some kind of Mandela effect here.  Or dementia.

I honestly don't care. I bought them coz they were cheap.

Does of course lead to the question why did it take them over 2 months to print some envelopes?

4 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

And everyone took the Micky out of me waiting for over a year for the 1kg silver proof.  

I didn’t. But I will now.

I understand that you were rushed to hospital with crush injuries after sitting underneath the letterbox all that time being covered with junk mail 😁

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks to this thread I purchased my first gold bars (4x 5g), obviously at the reduced price at the time 

I recently received an email informing me royal mint had done an audit on my account and that I owe them money, is this legit as I’ve just had a follow up phone call saying the same thing, I can’t find this number anywhere on the Royal Mint website but I’ve searched on here and it’s been linked to the Royal Mint

the phone call said it’s regarding the bars I purchased back in November, should I be worried about this ? 

they basically said I owe them the difference in what they sold them to me for, and what I paid, I explained about there Black Friday deal (I think that’s what it was) and they said they’d investigate and get back to me 

IMG_6708.thumb.jpeg.7b570fae6e32de1009c09889e3af1ff6.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Anth said:

Thanks to this thread I purchased my first gold bars (4x 5g), obviously at the reduced price at the time 

I recently received an email informing me royal mint had done an audit on my account and that I owe them money, is this legit as I’ve just had a follow up phone call saying the same thing, I can’t find this number anywhere on the Royal Mint website but I’ve searched on here and it’s been linked to the Royal Mint

the phone call said it’s regarding the bars I purchased back in November, should I be worried about this ? 

they basically said I owe them the difference in what they sold them to me for, and what I paid, I explained about there Black Friday deal (I think that’s what it was) and they said they’d investigate and get back to me 

Hey, @BackyardBullion do you need any more content for Royal Mint videos?

Just now, Anteater said:

Hey, @BackyardBullion do you need any more content for Royal Mint videos?

I mean, they don't have a clue about what they are doing quite frankly.

I also don't know enough about consumer rights to know if this is legal for them to ask for the difference. 

If they are doing this then surely 100's emails will be coming out to Silver Forum members, I think we hoovered up nearly 1000 of these bars collectively!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

51 minutes ago, Anth said:

Assume you should have an invoice for the sale?

sorry for the c**p pic but yea this is how the invoice was laid out 

basket total £1291

total £1024 (which is what I’ve paid)

surely this is how everyone’s was 

I’ll just have to let them investigate it and see what they come back with 
IMG_6709.thumb.jpeg.5e04ed4acb609fb6d783ccbbfad07e72.jpeg

Edited by Anth

13 minutes ago, KRO said:

once they have offered the price, and you have agreed and paid, a contract is formed, that is it

Oh, I totally agree. 

The Royal Mint are opportunistic money grabbers 

I honestly think they didnt know about this glitch and are only just now figuring out that they gave away £100,000's in lost revenue to silver forum members 🙂 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion